Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Kitchen Cravings - SOLD - NEW OWNERSHIP (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21991)

jtb9212 05-14-2017 12:48 PM

Kitchen Cravings - SOLD - NEW OWNERSHIP

Dear All-

On behalf of Bill and Sally Bickford they have asked me to announce that Kitchen Cravings in Gilford has been sold and is under new ownership as of Thursday, May 11th 2017. To validate the accuracy of this information my name is Jon Bossey and I am Sally's son and Bill is my step-father.

My mother asked me to let the community know of the sale and change in ownership. They wanted me to tell the community thank you for your patronage, support, and friendship over the past 9 years. They truly appreciate the support they received over the years and are grateful to have been able to serve you the best possible breakfast and lunch they could. Bill essentially put his hands on every plate that left that kitchen for the past 9 years and they put their heart and soul into every order.

Many may ask why they sold? My mother is 66 years old. She and Bill have essentially worked 7 days a week from 4:00 am to 5:00 pm for the past 9 years. An impossible pace to maintain forever. In addition, my mother and Bill take care of my 93 year old nana, Shirley.

Like with anything, the time came to evaluate life and decide to enjoy whatever life they have left. They will continue to care for my nana, travel when they can, and enjoy a life outside of the daily grind of a restaurant.

It would not be appropriate for me to speak to what is in store for the future of Kitchen Cravings because I truly do not know. The new owner's name is Lucie. Bill and Sally are staying on for a short time to ease the transition and get her acclimated. So all I can say at the moment everything is the same until its not.

Bill and Sally will be putting together an announcement in the Daily Sun to the community in the next few days once things settle. So again, on behalf of Bill and Sally they thank you all and wish you all the very best in life.

Jon Bossey

ishoot308 05-14-2017 02:12 PM

Very nice post! Thank you for taking the time to let the community know.

Only the best of luck and good wishes to the previous owners as well as success to the new owners!

Dan

HellRaZoR004 05-14-2017 02:16 PM

I love going there, hopefully things don't change.

Slickcraft 05-14-2017 03:07 PM

Thanks to Bill and Sally for the many great breakfasts that we have had there. Yes they have earned a rest. Best of luck to them.

Barney Bear 05-14-2017 04:29 PM

Thanks for the Memories

Best wishes for a well-deserved retirement. One of our favorite places in the Lakes Region. 🍽 🐻

elbie 05-15-2017 10:14 AM

Very Classy!
Best of luck to both the old and new owners.

Descant 05-15-2017 03:54 PM

Thanks for letting us know. We'll miss them but wish Lucie much success too.

Wishing Bill and Sally a long and happy retirement. Always enjoyed KC.

StardogChampion 05-15-2017 03:58 PM

My favorite breakfast place! This is sad to hear but of course totally understood. That is a seriously hard job to have especially if you're also the owners. Bravo for great food and for always coming by the table to see how we like it. I hope with the new ownership things stay the same. Thanks!

Bigstan 05-17-2017 08:58 PM

Please, please

Don't change the hash recipe, and keep making both the homemade hot sauce and the hotter habanero sauce?

Please, please, please ?

Rattler 05-22-2017 10:01 AM

Best breakfast place in the Lakes Region, hands-down.

Hopefully, the new owners will carry on the tradition.

jetskier 05-22-2017 11:07 AM

Stopped in on Saturday

We decided to stop in on Saturday and grab a late breakfast, early lunch. The menu has not changed and the food was just as good as it always has been. We talked to the waitress and she told us that they have purposely not changed the menu or the food at this point.

So, the service was great and the food was great!

Jetskier

Hoosier 07-26-2017 11:57 AM

Cravings Restaurant, Laconia

Cravings has a new owner. Decided yesterday to check it out for breakfast. Still making an excellent French omelette!

Barney Bear 10-11-2017 09:55 AM

Craving to Return

We took our guests to Kitchen Cravings for brunch yesterday. The excellent quality dining experience continues with the new ownership. Our friends look forward to returning. 🍳

joey2665 10-11-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Bear (Post 286548)
We took our guests to Kitchen Cravings for brunch yesterday. The excellent quality dining experience continues with the new ownership. Our friends look forward to returning. ��

That's great to hear. We have not been there since ownership change so we will have to go, I love their omelets

Newbiesaukee 10-11-2017 09:08 PM

We were there yesterday. The service was outstanding and the food excellent. First time also with new ownership and very pleased.