Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Buckeys' In Moultonboro ? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23461)

bigdog 06-25-2018 02:50 PM

Buckeys' In Moultonboro ?

Anyone been to Buckeys' In Moultonboro ?

Good, bad or drive by ?

Your commnets much appreciated !

thinkxingu 06-25-2018 02:58 PM

I've been about four or five times. The ribs are all sauce, so those are out for me. The steak tips are super good but also super expensive--something like mid-$20's for a non-doggie-bag size.

In short, not good enough for me to continue past Bob House or Canoe or Rubbin' Butts or Village Kitchen...

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

LIforrelaxin 06-25-2018 03:23 PM

I love Bucky's.... I believe they serve good food at the right price....

A must have treat are their homemade potato chips....

If I had to label the establishment it is pub fare. It is not meant to be a Canoe, or Bob house... But is a step up from Village Kitchen in my estimation....

Village Kitchen for Breakfast and Bucky's for diner for me.... But then again like FLL, I am more of the Walmart side of life kind of guy..........

thinkxingu 06-25-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 296600)
I love Bucky's.... I believe they serve good food at the right price....

A must have treat are their homemade potato chips....

If I had to label the establishment it is pub fare. It is not meant to be a Canoe, or Bob house... But is a step up from Village Kitchen in my estimation....

Village Kitchen for Breakfast and Bucky's for diner for me.... But then again like FLL, I am more of the Walmart side of life kind of guy..........

I don't disagree, but these are Bob House/Canoe prices...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5fa7ea5998.jpg

FlyingScot 06-25-2018 07:07 PM

We're regulars. Steak Tips with peppers, onions and a sweet marinade are the best I've had (10 oz is plenty); Turkey Tips very good. Service is warm and friendly, popcorn is free. Headed there tomorrow for Taco Tuesday!

upthesaukee 06-25-2018 10:38 PM

After golf at Ridgewood

After playing golf at Ridgewood, we often stop at Bucky's. Good pub food, good service, friendly atmosphere. We'd probably go more often if it wasn't on the other side of the lake from us.

I say "Go".

Dave

Bayview Girl 06-26-2018 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 296601)
I don't disagree, but these are Bob House/Canoe prices...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5fa7ea5998.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Reilly 06-26-2018 04:06 AM

Reason

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 296643)
After playing golf at Ridgewood, we often stop at Bucky's. Good pub food, good service, friendly atmosphere. We'd probably go more often if it wasn't on the other side of the lake from us.

I say "Go".

Dave

Same Reason we go & also would like to go more often ,it is run very well

Shreddy 06-26-2018 08:49 AM

The tips are that expensive because they're that good. They're Dom's steak tips if folks are familiar which are shipped up from Malden and worth their weight in gold. With that said, I've ordered the same thing for the past 10+ years about 20-30 times a year and it's the steak tip sub on a hoagie. Do yourself a favor, you won't be disappointed. Generally in there Friday night after golf for the live music.

WINNOCTURN 06-26-2018 10:54 AM

Consistantly the BEST!!!!

A Cup of Clam Chowder and the small portion of TIPs is more the enough. The Mashed Potatoes that come with the Tips are the best.:liplick::liplick::liplick::liplick::liplick: :liplick::liplick::liplick::liplick:

thinkxingu 08-23-2022 06:13 AM

I've hit up Buckey's twice in the last couple weeks, and both times were great.

I don't know if their prices have remained consistent and now are a value or if I'm conditioned to higher costs, but I was critical of that in the past.

I've gotten the half-rack ribs both times, and they were much better than in the past—not overly saucy and perfectly cooked.

It's much closer to us than I remember, and I gotta think some former Pine Cone peeps will find their way there.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

TiltonBB 08-23-2022 08:00 PM

Plus..............You could play Keno while you dine at Buckey's and maybe end up a millionaire!

secondcurve 08-24-2022 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 375415)
I've hit up Buckey's twice in the last couple weeks, and both times were great.

I don't know if their prices have remained consistent and now are a value or if I'm conditioned to higher costs, but I was critical of that in the past.

I've gotten the half-rack ribs both times, and they were much better than in the past—not overly saucy and perfectly cooked.

It's much closer to us than I remember, and I gotta think some former Pine Cone peeps will find their way there.

I agree. Buckey’s will benefit from the demise of the Pine Cone. The only downside is the distance. It’s quite a drive if you live more toward Wolfeboro.

BroadHopper 08-24-2022 03:59 PM

Need to revisit.

Stop going after the entertainment died. (Tuppy).

jbolty 08-24-2022 04:39 PM

Only been a few times and it's been ok. Last time was a few weeks ago when the power was out all thru meredith and center harbor and it was on there. Jam packed but no idea if that's the new normal or just everyone went there then because nothing else was open

LIforrelaxin 08-26-2022 08:57 AM

Bucky's has always been consistent in my mind. Other then pairing down there menu, I believe they came through the pandemic just fine, and the food is always good. Our favorite is getting the homemade potato chips!!!!!

As far as cost, I believe their prices are in line with what you get....

bwalsh 08-31-2022 11:29 AM

Also been to Buckey's a few times recently and had a blast. Very casual and good people :cheers:
Will try the chips next time

thinkxingu 09-09-2022 06:40 PM

Update: visited Buckey's tonight all jazzed about getting ribs, and the band was soooo loud we had to leave.

I'm a big fan of live music, but golly was it horrible.

If that's what they're doing on some nights, I don't see it being as much of a replacement for The Pine Cone as I thought—there was no way you could hear anyone or anything.