Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Thanksgiving Day (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26572)

Donzi Minx 11-25-2020 12:10 PM

Thanksgiving Day

Been a hard year.
I am thankful to still be employed and healthy.

A Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!

Tomregal 11-25-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donzi Minx (Post 347103)
Been a hard year.
I am thankful to still be employed and healthy.

A Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!

Same here!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

phoenix 11-25-2020 02:18 PM

agree glad to get thru 2020 and hope the vaccine comes for all

MotorHead 11-25-2020 02:18 PM

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving.

Let’s remember the slaughtered Native Americans on this day.

Mr. V 11-25-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 347110)
Yes, Happy Thanksgiving.

Oh, please: that was then, this is now.

Cultures / civilizations change over time.

fatlazyless 11-25-2020 02:43 PM

My girlfriend, Marie Callender http://www.mariecallendersmeals.com/...turkey-pot-pie and I wish all Americans a very delicious $2.48 thanksgiving dinner as we look forward to the next year, 2021 .... :patriot::banana:.

Biggd 11-25-2020 08:59 PM

Happy Thanksgiving and be safe!

Sue Doe-Nym 11-26-2020 12:13 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to you all! I am hearing sleet coming down. Hope it stops soon. Enjoy! 🦃🦃🦃

thinkxingu 11-26-2020 06:13 AM

I hope you all have a great day today.

I'll be taking an extra moment to appreciate my wife and kids as the pandemic serves as a special reminder of those closest to me.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

ishoot308 11-26-2020 06:31 AM

Tons of Fun

Quote:

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving.

I bet you're great fun at parties....

Dan

joey2665 11-26-2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving.

Really? So uncalled for on this site.

Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving to all and god bless America [emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631][emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

SAMIAM 11-26-2020 07:31 AM

Many things to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving everyone

upthesaukee 11-26-2020 07:39 AM

Memories

Memories. Thanksgiving is a day of great memories of years past, where members of two families (clans, if you will) would gather for a Thanksgiving meal where the Grace reminded us of all our blessings, of trying to finish all the food that was prepared (impossible), and kids being kids (at least 14). Reflections of a seemingly simpler and more respectful time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Dave

Hillcountry 11-26-2020 08:47 AM

As Phil Robertson (Duck Dynasty) would say...
“Heppy Heppy Heppy” :D
I wish a happy and healthy Thanksgiving to all the folks here on the forum.
God Bless America!

steve-on-mark 11-26-2020 08:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there...it's our first Thanksgiving ever celebrated on the island!Attachment 16590

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Hillcountry 11-26-2020 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 347136)
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you out there...it's our first Thanksgiving ever celebrated on the island!Attachment 16590

“Thanksgiving” in your case must be, in a big way, attributed to the “C-Dory” nestled in its cold, watery berth. May you and she have many more! :)

steve-on-mark 11-26-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 347138)
“Thanksgiving” in your case must be, in a big way, attributed to the “C-Dory” nestled in its cold, watery berth. May you and she have many more! :)

That...and the wife isn't ready to leave yet![emoji6]

mowtorman 11-26-2020 09:15 AM

Squanto was aok

The Mayflower landed in Cape Cod Bay in 1620, and Tisquantum worked to broker peaceable relations between the Pilgrims and the local Pokanokets. He played a key role in the early meetings in March 1621, partly because he spoke English. He then lived with the Pilgrims for 20 months, acting as a translator, guide, and advisor. He introduced the settlers to the fur trade and taught them how to sow and fertilize native crops; this proved vital, because the seeds which the Pilgrims had brought from England mostly failed. As food shortages worsened, Plymouth Colony Governor William Bradford relied on Tisquantum to pilot a ship of settlers on a trading expedition around Cape Cod and through dangerous shoals. During that voyage, Tisquantum contracted what Bradford called an "Indian fever". Bradford stayed with him for several days until he died, which Bradford described as a "great loss".

Last of the Pawtuxet tribe aka Pawtucket. Chocurua, Kona, Ahonton, and Ellacoya all enjoyed the lakes in the same way we do. We certainly have a rich and diverse history cause for thanks in many ways. If the sun breaks through on the lake today it will be the same "Smiling Great Spirit". Cheers )).

LoveLakeLife 11-26-2020 10:46 AM

Happy Thanksgiving. When eating your corn remember the Indians’ contribution. I know we are all grateful to the Indians who preceded us at the lake. I also know we’re all grateful for each other and the webmaster who brings us together.

MAXUM 11-26-2020 10:53 AM

I am very thankful that Pocahontas showed us how to drink beer!

Happy Thanksgiving to all ;)

LoveLakeLife 11-26-2020 11:06 AM

And she did it with such ladylike class, right from the bottle. I’m gonna get me a finishing school.

Biggd 11-26-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 347145)
I am very thankful that Pocahontas showed us how to drink beer!

Happy Thanksgiving to all ;)

Do we really have to go there on Thanksgiving?
What's wrong with just the Happy Thanksgiving to all?

LoveLakeLife 11-26-2020 11:25 AM

Agreed. A quick funny detour around the cul-de-sac but back on the main road now... Happy Thanksgiving! [emoji260][emoji884]

So which businesses had the best pies this year?!

Descant 11-26-2020 12:02 PM

Happy Thanksgiving

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 347139)
That...and the wife isn't ready to leave yet![emoji6]

Now that's somebody to appreciate. We are thankful for the "Smile of the Great Spirit" in too many ways to count. Bless you all and thanks for your friendship through the years.

MotorHead 11-26-2020 02:25 PM

Sorry all, didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities
Genocide is a genocide, at least Germans had the balls to acknowledge it.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving, I can’t. Two of my close elderly relatives passed recently from Covid 19.

Unfortunately this is not a political forum, otherwise I would have a lot to say about this.

LoveLakeLife 11-26-2020 08:20 PM

haha the Indian tribes were at war killing each other for centuries before Europeans came and civilized them. In the years before the Pilgrims landed at least one New England tribe was wiped out by a contagious disease. That’s history, not delicate sensibilities. Most of us don’t feel guilty about it.

Sorry for your loss but it shouldn’t make you less thankful on this great American holiday. I hope you can enjoy the rest of it.

MAXUM 11-26-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 347147)
Do we really have to go there on Thanksgiving?
What's wrong with just the Happy Thanksgiving to all?

What's wrong with a little humor? Geesh lighten up a bit will ya?

joey2665 11-27-2020 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 347152)
Sorry all, didn't mean to offend your delicate sensibilities

Genocide is a genocide, at least Germans had the balls to acknowledge it.

You have a Happy Thanksgiving, I can’t. Two of my close elderly relatives passed recently from Covid 19.

Unfortunately this is not a political forum, otherwise I would have a lot to say about this.

Fortunately it’s not a political forum. Many like me come here to get away from that type of rhetoric. There are plenty of forums you can go to and vent your political frustrations.

Sue Doe-Nym 11-27-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 347113)
My girlfriend, Marie Callender http://www.mariecallendersmeals.com/...turkey-pot-pie and I wish all Americans a very delicious $2.48 thanksgiving dinner as we look forward to the next year, 2021 .... :patriot::banana:.

FLL, your girlfriend, Marie C., is on sale this week at Shaw’s...$2.49! Hurry hurry before she sells out! 😂

garysanfran 11-27-2020 07:34 PM

Probably best to learn from the past and not try to re-live it. Enjoy today. Regret not yesterday.

(Although I ate to much yesterday)

MDoug 11-27-2020 08:01 PM

C Dory

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 347138)

The only boat to have early spring and late fall:)

fatlazyless 11-27-2020 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue Doe-Nym (Post 347182)
FLL, your girlfriend, Marie C., is on sale this week at Shaw’s...$2.49! Hurry hurry before she sells out! ��

The everyday Walmart price is $2.48 for the large size, frozen turkey pot pie and it's a round 5"-diameter crusty pie that's about 1 1/2" deep and is totally yummy delicious.

10-minutes on high in the microwave does it and it includes a paper pie plate, which makes it easier to eat with a large spoon. Is extremely hot at first.

Did you read about us in Marie's story: www.mariecallendersmeals.com/about-us ..... we go all the way back to South Dakota - 1948 .... those were definitely the good, old, days! ...... back in South Dakota, it got so cold that putting a hot turkey pot pie in your coat pocket was the only way to stay warm outside, while outdoors doing that there farm work .... plus, you got to eat it after doing all the farm chores.

steve-on-mark 11-27-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MDoug (Post 347187)
The only boat to have early spring and late fall:)

I agree...you know!

pondguy 11-28-2020 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 347188)
The everyday Walmart price is $2.48 for the large size, frozen turkey pot pie and it's a round 5"-diameter crusty pie that's about 1 1/2" deep and is totally yummy delicious.

10-minutes on high in the microwave does it and it includes a paper pie plate, which makes it easier to eat with a large spoon. Is extremely hot at first.

Did you read about us in Marie's story: www.mariecallendersmeals.com/about-us ..... we go all the way back to South Dakota - 1948 .... those were definitely the good, old, days! ...... back in South Dakota, it got so cold that putting a hot turkey pot pie in your coat pocket was the only way to stay warm outside, while outdoors doing that there farm work .... plus, you got to eat it after doing all the farm chores.

I'm going to have to get me another one of them there Turkey pot pies for Christmas dinner :liplick: Thanksgivings was so good.

MAXUM 11-28-2020 08:25 AM

They taste so good because they are oh so so BAD for you.

If you eat the whole pie - most probably would, it's 1000 calories, 60 grams of fat, 22 of that is saturated fat and 1400 mg of sodium.

To contrast.... McD's Quarterpounder with cheese is actually far better for you with half the fat and calories but nearly a wash on sodium.