Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   ForumFest VII (2010) (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Forum Fest (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10693)

Meredith lady 08-21-2010 10:14 PM

Forum Fest

All I can say is WOW. I had so much fun and it was great to see all of you at the FF today!
DRUM ROLL...the raffle generated $1327.00 and Kevin and I added another $50.00-GRAND TOTAL is $1377.00!
Thank you so much for helping the Meredith Emergency Food Pantry. They are worthy and our support means so much.
There will be pictures and articles in local papers soon. I will let you know when that happens...
Again, I loved being the unofficial "chairwoman" of the Fest. And yes, I would do it again!
Many thanks to our Webmaster, Don, for all you do. Enough said.
Sue (Water Camper) and her hubby are great..had a fun time with them today! ALL our donations for the raffle are due to her hard work and diligence.
Rattlesnake Girl and Guy-Celia and Paul-Love you guys. Thanks for all your help. You are the best.
LOVED THE CAKE.
So many to thank...and so little time..
Laura - Meredith Lady

VitaBene 08-21-2010 10:24 PM

Hi Laura,

Please see my PM!

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Meredith lady 08-21-2010 10:44 PM

you are the best!

Thank you to John (VitaBene) for donating another 23.00 dollars to make our donation to the Meredith Food Pantry an even $1400.00. You, my friend, are awesome and I thank you very much!

webmaster 08-21-2010 11:15 PM

Thank You!

I also want to thank everyone for making this one of the best ForumFests ever! Meredith Lady did a great job organizing it this year, Water Camper worked hard getting many of the the raffle donations and thanks to Argie's Wife (we missed you) for arranging for the venue. The weather and location were perfect and I met many forum members I've never spoke to before. The video feed worked great and 376 people watched some or all of it.

I'll post more pictures on PhotoPost tomorrow but here's one to start:

Jonas Pilot 08-22-2010 07:29 AM

Great picture!

Lucky1 08-22-2010 10:45 AM

So many thanks from me to Don and Meredith Lady and all of the others, many of whose names I do not know but (Sunset Bob and another nice fellow who carried the watermellons I brought from the car to the site), Green's Basin Gal, who is practically a neighbor, and Nhescape for helping me in my Raffle Challenged state, Rattlesnake Gal for her helpful thoughts, and all of the people there who were generous with delicious foods and friendship.

I would encourage everyone to try and attend these Forum Fests as they really are super. Such fun to see a face that goes with the name. COME NEXT YEAR!! You can go for any part of the time. Think it was close to 1:30 before it was possible to go from here as there was an appendectomy in the family.

Thanks again to all who did so much work to assure another successful Forum Fest! I assume it is never too late to mail in a donation for the Meredith Food Pantry.

Chubbs 08-22-2010 11:27 AM

Great picture . Would someone be willing to put a name to all those happy faces? Thanks

ApS 08-22-2010 03:40 PM

Behind Ron is...

'Can't name everyone, because I arrived too early, and there was no one there who wasn't a blur! :(

But I managed to accost Sunset Bob, who I'd met two FFs ago. Of course, he must be the photographer, 'cause I don't see him in this group! :eek2:

But I'll start off with the gal to the right, behind the seated guy: That is RG, alternately known as Rattlesnake Gal, or by Celia, which is printed on her name tag. Who, if she gets any younger-looking, will next be seen cheerleading at a local school!

The tallest guy in the back row is member RG˛. Member, Rattlesnake Guy. (A masterful and highly-observant skipper). :)

I had a too-brief chat with the 2nd gal from the seated guy, who is donnamatrix. Skipper of the CQ is standing directly behind donnamatrix, in the blue Hawaiian shirt.

I see one of the "Cove" members who was there when I was there (too early :o ), but I don't want to get any names wrong. (But thought I'd start things off anyway). :D

I'm certain the seated guy is named...um...Dan.

LIforrelaxin 08-23-2010 06:47 AM

Laura,

Thanks for all your hard work this year.... it was a joy to come and meet so many wonderful people and put names with faces... Next year hopefully I will be able to come and hang out for more of the fest. But that be as it may, I enjoyed meeting those I was able to meeting and chat with, before the boys got board....

Skip I enjoyed our conversation quite a bit, and hopefully the future will hold a chance for us to sit down and talk some more...

RG^2.... it appears I will be catching up with the two of you soon... I will make sure Jessica is with me, the boat ride on Sunday went just fine...

To all the other I ment, it was wonderful to put faces to names, I look forward to future conversations, and meeting as well....I find the more people I meet, and the more people I recognize when I am out, the more the lake becomes my true home....

Massachusetts, is just where I go to work... to afford my home....

SIKSUKR 08-23-2010 09:02 AM

So sorry I didn't make it

That guy seated APS is the one and only webmaster.Looks like Steve A,Island Girl,and Don and Quilt Lady? are also present.Where is APS?How about Skip?

SIKSUKR 08-23-2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meredith lady (Post 137602)
Thank you to John (VitaBene) for donating another 23.00 dollars to make our donation to the Meredith Food Pantry an even $1400.00. You, my friend, are awesome and I thank you very much!

Count me in for another $50 to that total ML.PM me on where to send the check.Nice job on running the show.

Argie's Wife 08-23-2010 09:10 AM

Glad to hear things went well. I was with you in spirit. I had too much work to complete this weekend and couldn't pull away - I am sorry I missed it but maybe next year. Many thanks to those who took the ball and ran with it!

Skip 08-23-2010 10:12 AM

Where's Skippy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 137690)
That guy seated APS is the one and only webmaster.Looks like Steve A,Island Girl,and Don and Quilt Lady? are also present.Where is APS?How about Skip?

I'm easy to find...I'm the handsome guy! :D

VitaBene 08-23-2010 10:25 AM

Tried!!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I have tried to Identify some FF attendees. Some I was pretty sure of but not 100% so I did not write your name in. I have that dreaded disease- CRS...Can't Remember Stuff

Send me additions or corrections and I will try to add them in.

John

SteveA 08-23-2010 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 137690)

SteveA was there in thought only, but I wonder exactly which of that bunch you thought was me? :)

IslandRadio 08-23-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 137701)
Hi,

I have tried to Identify some FF attendees. Some I was pretty sure of but not 100% so I did not write your name in. I have that dreaded disease- CRS...Can't Remember Stuff

Send me additions or corrections and I will try to add them in.

John

Nice job and THANKS! If you want to add a couple more labels, the woman immediately in front of DRH with the sunglasses on is his wife, QuiltLady. The blonde woman without the sunglasses immediately in front of IslandRadio is IslandPrincess (Mrs. Island Radio :-)

Thanks for doing this - I was going to attempt it myself, but you have a whole lot more names correctly than I would have ever got :)

Regards,

Steve

Skipper of the Sea Que 08-23-2010 11:17 AM

Names and faces in Forum Fest VII Gallery

I too had a wonderful time at FF. I took several pictures - tried to get shots of everyone with their name tags. When I get back from the Lake (to "real Internet" and computer) I'll start to post them and name names. So as not to flood the PhotoPost I usually upload 5 or 6 at a time and then wait a few days to post more.

I missed APS (don't know how long you were there) but I did get a pic of him 2 Fests ago at the Loon Center. SteveA is also in past FF pics.

I echo big thanks and appreciation to the forum members who coordinated, organized and worked to make this such a great activity. Lot's of big and little details that made the day go smoothly. :)

SIKSUKR 08-23-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveA (Post 137702)
SteveA was there in thought only, but I wonder exactly which of that bunch you thought was me? :)

Sorry Steve.I met you briefly at the Loon center FF.I thought that was you on the far right.
As for you Skip,the handsome guy didn't make it and is busy writing this post.
The last photo of me at FF Loon Center had my puss in the middle of the FF computer cake.Can't get much sweeter that that!

eillac@dow 08-23-2010 01:49 PM

Ok....so here is my thoughts on who is who...

Far right....Blue/white Polo is Hermit Cover with his wife next to him.

In the back row, behind Island Girl is Mac of Mee & Mac.

Down in front, noted as Snappy Lady is SnappyTapper, next to her is NewChampa and next to her is eillac@dow.

Good time this weekend! Wish all could have made it. :)

Redwing 08-23-2010 02:00 PM

More names

I - Redwing - am the blonde with sunglasses & jeans standing next to Snappy Lady, and NHEscape is in striped shirt and shorts standing next to Al of SeaQ. Great photo of everyone and a great time! Thanks for a wonderful afternoon.

Lucky1 08-23-2010 09:38 PM

And I, Lucky1, am the blond in the blue top and white shorts kneeling next to Redwing. We were really looking into strong sun, but I did not have sunglasses!

Fun to see so many of the names here. Thank you all for the effort to indentify those in the photo.

RLW 08-24-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acres per Second (Post 137654)
But I managed to accost Sunset Bob, who I'd met two FFs ago. Of course, he must be the photographer, 'cause I don't see him in this group! :eek2:

I think Sunset Bob was off riding his new bicycle down on the beach.http://i34.tinypic.com/jqsrwz.gif

VitaBene 08-24-2010 06:00 PM

Trying again!

1 Attachment(s)
I hopefully picked up the edits.

John

Water Camper 08-24-2010 06:14 PM

To the right of "Red Wing" is me, Sue (raffle lady) and my husband Bill right behind me with the sun glasses, both of Water Camper fame. I couldn't figure out how to put our names on the photo. Perhaps someone can do that for us? Great time at the ForumFest, wonderful to meet everyone and put a face with the forum names. Volunteering to help this year was a very rewarding experience for me and I would encourage anyone who has a little time to spare to get involved with next year's ForumFest! And Laura ... you ROCKED this year! Thanks!
Sue

Argie's Wife 08-24-2010 08:35 PM

What a good lookin' bunch!

Lake Winnipesaukee Forum

Where the women are strong

The men are good-looking

And the children are far above average

RLW 08-25-2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Water Camper (Post 137883)
To the right of "Red Wing" is me, Sue (raffle lady) and my husband Bill right behind me with the sun glasses, both of Water Camper fame. I couldn't figure out how to put our names on the photo. Perhaps someone can do that for us? Great time at the ForumFest, wonderful to meet everyone and put a face with the forum names. Volunteering to help this year was a very rewarding experience for me and I would encourage anyone who has a little time to spare to get involved with next year's ForumFest! And Laura ... you ROCKED this year! Thanks!
Sue

http://i41.tinypic.com/2m2zy1c.jpghttp://i41.tinypic.com/2m2zy1c.jpg to you. From what I have read and heard, you did a fantastic job getting some wonderful donations to help the charity. I do wish we that watched the drawings on the streaming video were able to hear who donated what so that they could have received more recognition.http://i39.tinypic.com/o9n9f8.gif

Chubbs 08-25-2010 08:36 AM

Thank you, VB
It's nice to be able to identify with our Forum friends.

Rattlesnake Guy 08-25-2010 08:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A few more

Greene's Basin Girl 08-25-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chubbs (Post 137946)
Thank you, VB
It's nice to be able to identify with our Forum friends.

The women on Ralph's left is Green's Basin Girl's sister Diane.

Lucky1 08-26-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl (Post 138083)
The women on Ralph's left is Green's Basin Girl's sister Diane.

Diane and Green's basin Girl look like sisters! Wish I were lucky enough to have sisters. Guess I am not lucky in all areas. Not complaining though. I love my life and really enjoy Winnipesaukee Forum.

Rattlesnake Guy 08-26-2010 09:18 PM

Two left

1 Attachment(s)
OK who are the two people left?

jeffatsquam 08-26-2010 09:49 PM

The smart looking guy with the sunglasses is watercampers very able assistant Mr. watercamper

riverat 08-27-2010 07:51 AM

Late Arrival

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...t2000/fest.jpg

WinnDixie 08-27-2010 09:36 AM

Cake dreams

Thanks for identifying those in attendance...very nice to put the faces with the names. A special thanks from me (now that I know who she is) to Mrs. Hermit Cover!! I loved that cake; it looked so good! I would have cut a piece with chocolate, and--as I watched--along came Mrs. Hermit Cover. She looked it over for a minute, and I was saying "Come on! You ARE going to have chocolate, aren't you??" She was standing closer to the vanilla half, but--YES!!--she reached a little bit and cut herself a piece from the chocolate side! I had a virtual bite right along with her!!

Fun day--even for us "out there" watching, watering mouths and all!! I'm also very pleased with the good amount raised for the food pantry!! Great job by all!

donnamatrix 08-27-2010 01:13 PM

What a blast

The Fest was a blast. Vita Bene - those ribs were great. Everyone who worked so very hard to pull this together - THANK YOU. You rock!

webmaster 08-27-2010 03:20 PM

Sorry I'm late with these but here are some more pictures from the ForumFest (also in PhotoPost):

WinnDixie 08-27-2010 04:01 PM

Another answer!

Well...I'm baaack! Nice new pictures, Webmaster, and I have a puzzle solved now. I kept thinking, during the raffle, "why aren't people speaking right up when they have the lucky ticket??" OK...now I get it...looking at the bunches of tickets they had to check! Should have had a clue ,seeing R-Guy walking by the camera every now and then with a huge bunch of tickets trailing out of his pocket! OK...slowly getting the lay of the land with Fest. Without question I have GOT to get to one in person sometime!

Rattlesnake Guy 08-27-2010 07:56 PM

WinnDixie.
The cake was even better than it looks. :D

The trick with the tickets is to buy them all at once so you only have to look to see if the number called is between the highest and lowest ticket you have. I thought this FF was among the best so far. Some people put their name on the back which provided much more instant gratification.

We got to use our Harts Turkey Farm gift certificate tonight. Outstanding!

RG

WinnDixie 08-28-2010 09:46 AM

So simple!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Guy (Post 138379)
WinnDixie.
The cake was even better than it looks. :D

The trick with the tickets is to buy them all at once so you only have to look to see if the number called is between the highest and lowest ticket you have. I thought this FF was among the best so far. Some people put their name on the back which provided much more instant gratification.

We got to use our Harts Turkey Farm gift certificate tonight. Outstanding!

RG

Well, there you go!! Thanks, R.G.! An efficient way to handle those tickets! I hang my head in shame, also, to have to admit I probably wouldn't have thought of that...even with the tickets in hand! Letters are my friend, but numbers aren't! Thank goodness for those who can handle numbers ( and even LIKE them!)...we "duhs" sure do need you!!

Rattlesnake Gal 09-01-2010 03:37 PM

ForumFest - Another Great Time!!!

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/photopo...m/100_4424.jpg
Great picture!

Perfect weather and a perfect local. Thanks Argie's Wife! (We really missed you.)

My only regret is that the time passed way to quick! Rattlesnake Guy and I arrived early and stayed late and it still seemed too short. :laugh: It was great to see so many Forum friends and to meet some Forum friends for the very first time.

Many thanks to Meredith Lady, you did a fantastic job pulling off this 15th Anniversary Fest! You are terrific!

Water Camper, you sure came through on the raffle donations!!! Thanks for your hard work and all of the time you spent achieving your goal.
We are lucky to have such wonderful Lakes Region establishments that generously donated to our cause.

Don, Happy 15th Anniversary and thanks so much for providing this internet playground!

The live feed is so great, thank you Don and Lake Geezer for your time and effort that it entailed.

This year, there was so much great looking food! Thank you to everyone that brought the tasty bits. (Darn, I missed VitaBene's ribs!)

Quilt Lady, thank you seems so inadequate when it comes to the grand prizes that you have so graciously provided for almost all of our charity raffles. The time, effort and talent that goes into each one of your quilts is just astounding. The fine stitching is simply amazing! You and your quilts are much appreciated and those of us who are lucky enough to have one will treasure them for years to come. Thank you very much for helping in such a creative way!

Looking forward to next year's fest!

WinnDixie if you can swing it, you would just love being there in person instead of watching from afar. We'll have to pin down a date early, so you can make travel plans. :D

pcmc 09-01-2010 09:59 PM

Hello to all,
I wanted to pop in and say we enjoyed meeting every one we able too. We did arrive late in the afternoon, but enjoyed every minute we had.

Cheers to great fest,
Peter and Marcie

VitaBene 09-02-2010 05:13 AM

PCMC It was good meeting and talking with you as well. Thanks for bringing those drinks with you!

Rattlesnake Guy 09-03-2010 09:32 PM

PCMC,
It was great meeting you and your family.
RG