Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Antique boat races (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22624)

chachee52 09-18-2017 08:24 AM

Antique boat races

9 Attachment(s)
Had a great time Saturday anchored out watching the races. Love going over there when they come around. Looked like a big crown on the water anchored out this year. Got off to a foggy start, but the second half of races were sunny. Couldn't have asked for better conditions.
Here are a couple pics of the races.
I do have a ton more pics and videos if anyone wants let me know. I tried to get a pic of every boat out there Sunday.

joey2665 09-18-2017 08:27 AM

Awesome pictures. Thank you. I wish I could this them in person but this weekend never works for me. I appreciate the post:)

Descant 09-18-2017 09:13 AM

Thank you. video's?

Thanks forposting these pix. Is there a link coming for the videos?

JPC 09-18-2017 09:30 AM

Videos

Greats pics. Yes, please post the videos. Thanks

chachee52 09-18-2017 01:26 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...GdLUXFsZXpuSUk

Try this to see if it works. It has all the pics and videos that I took.

joey2665 09-18-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachee52 (Post 285897)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...GdLUXFsZXpuSUk

Try this to see if it works. It has all the pics and videos that I took.

Works perfectly. Thank you again

TCC 09-18-2017 03:43 PM

Great pictures, chachee52. Thank you.

I'm fascinated by the 4th photo down (SK-64). As a kid growing up on Lake Huron in 1960, I bought a very similar looking boat from a neighbor for $10 (a princely sum for a 12 year old in those days). However, mine was 12 feet in length and, rather than a big inboard engine, mine was powered by a hand-me-down, 5 hp Scott-Atwater outboard. Still it was a lot of fun and we spent many great hours on the water together. It was a sad day, a few years later, when my parents insisted that it make it's last voyage to the dump.

The boat bore a metal plate identifying it as a "Water Scooter" and, if I recall correctly, said it was manufactured somewhere in Utah. Has anyone here heard of this?

chachee52 09-18-2017 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCC (Post 285903)
Great pictures, chachee52. Thank you.

I'm fascinated by the 4th photo down (SK-64). As a kid growing up on Lake Huron in 1960, I bought a very similar looking boat from a neighbor for $10 (a princely sum for a 12 year old in those days). However, mine was 12 feet in length and, rather than a big inboard engine, mine was powered by a hand-me-down, 5 hp Scott-Atwater outboard. Still it was a lot of fun and we spent many great hours on the water together. It was a sad day, a few years later, when my parents insisted that it make it's last voyage to the dump.

The boat bore a metal plate identifying it as a "Water Scooter" and, if I recall correctly, said it was manufactured somewhere in Utah. Has anyone here heard of this?

Supposedly one of my friends built the engine for SK-64. Now I say supposedly, he wasn't able to be there and he kept telling me it was the flat bottom white and orange one. There were a few of those. I sent him that photo and he said that was it.
He is currently rebuilding my 289 for my mustang.

chasedawg 09-18-2017 06:56 PM

New Hampshire Vintage Race boat Regatta 2017

Quote:

Originally Posted by chachee52 (Post 285887)
Had a great time Saturday anchored out watching the races. Love going over there when they come around. Looked like a big crown on the water anchored out this year. Got off to a foggy start, but the second half of races were sunny. Couldn't have asked for better conditions.
Here are a couple pics of the races.
I do have a ton more pics and videos if anyone wants let me know. I tried to get a pic of every boat out there Sunday.

Thank you Chachee52 for the great photos. The Vintage Race Boat Regatta committee and the New Hampshire Boat Museum would to see your collection of your videos and pictures. Thank you. PM me if you wish.
This was the 10th Wolfeboro Regatta. It was back in 1999 when a bunch of guys got together from Wolfeboro that had just return from a Vintage Regatta in up state NY. They came to the conclusion why not have the same event on the great Wolfeboro Bay. So it was launched. This regatta got the greatest compliments from drivers, crew, spectators and the 100 volunteers.
We had over 40 boats from many states. Several from Florida along the East coast and our great friends from Canada. The weather conditions were perfect. The Regatta's are sponsored by the New Hampshire Boat Museum in Wolfeboro and many businesses and individuals. It is also sanctioned by the Vintage and Classic Division of the American Power Boat Association. We had demo rides on the Gold Cups, Flatbottoms and Jersey Skiffs. All the rides were so out. Spectators on the demo rides had a thrill of a lifetime. See you in 2019.

SIKSUKR 09-19-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasedawg (Post 285914)
See you in 2019.

Are they only every two years or are you not ging next year?

chachee52 09-19-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 285941)
Are they only every two years or are you not ging next year?

Every other year only. I've already marked the calendar.