Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New boat registration fees (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26459)

betterthanbacon 10-17-2020 08:22 PM

New boat registration fees

Looking to purchase 26’ 2021 Bowrider with 350 hp and several extras.
Can anyone give me a rough idea what NH is going to charge for registration?
Thanks for any input you can offer

TiltonBB 10-18-2020 06:46 AM

There is some information here:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/...2-A/72-A-3.htm

betterthanbacon 10-18-2020 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 345307)

Thank you TitonBB for this Info. I must be reading this chart incorrectly. I am hoping I am not but $188.64 annually seems to cheap. Wondering if there is other math I should be doing?

Flotnjr 10-21-2020 04:35 PM

Sounds about right. Registrations for boat go off of year and length if it's a sterndrive, and the rates are quite reasonable.

Descant 10-21-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterthanbacon (Post 345308)
Thank you TitonBB for this Info. I must be reading this chart incorrectly. I am hoping I am not but $188.64 annually seems to cheap. Wondering if there is other math I should be doing?

Feel free to add some $. It is a tax deductible donation to the state. Be sure to designate for Navigation Safety Fund or Lakes Protection. (MP or Milfoil).

chillininnh 10-24-2020 09:52 AM

$262.14 will be your total. Register it locally, some of the money stays local if you do so. It will go down a bit each year for 5 years before it flatlines.

Descant 10-24-2020 10:37 AM

$5

Quote:

Originally Posted by chillininnh (Post 345584)
$262.14 will be your total. Register it locally, some of the money stays local if you do so. It will go down a bit each year for 5 years before it flatlines.

If you do it locally, town hall, marina, etc. there is a $5 agent's fee. If you do it by mail to Concord or at MP HQ in Glendale, there is no agent fee and the $$ mostly goes to Navigation Safety Fund (MP).

betterthanbacon 10-24-2020 11:35 PM

Thanks to all for the input. Local marina tells me about $258. Although we would always like to pay less, this seems fair enough for a new boat.

thinkxingu 10-25-2020 05:34 AM

If you're buying it new, you won't be paying the registration until next year, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

betterthanbacon 10-25-2020 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 345606)
If you're buying it new, you won't be paying the registration until next year, right?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

That is correct. Will be taking delivery in the spring as they need to build the boat. I will register when we finalize the purchase. I was just curious how much it would be setting us back compared to the boat we just traded. A difference of about 170 annually.

MAXUM 10-25-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterthanbacon (Post 345618)
That is correct. Will be taking delivery in the spring as they need to build the boat. I will register when we finalize the purchase. I was just curious how much it would be setting us back compared to the boat we just traded. A difference of about 170 annually.

Boat registrations like car registrations are prorated the first 4 years from new where they backdoor collect the equivalent of a "tax" through progressive registration fees. However being NH it's not called a tax rather a "fee".

chillininnh 10-30-2020 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 345585)
If you do it locally, town hall, marina, etc. there is a $5 agent's fee. If you do it by mail to Concord or at MP HQ in Glendale, there is no agent fee and the $$ mostly goes to Navigation Safety Fund (MP).

Mostly:rolleye1:. Registering with the state saves 5 bucks yes but getting the stickers in the dead of the winter leaves all sorts of time to misplace them. Every year I have folks show up having lost them or they left them back at their house in Connecticut. Register in the Spring locally, leave with the stickers in your hand and slap them on the boat is the best way IMO.

Tomregal 11-21-2020 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterthanbacon (Post 345297)
Looking to purchase 26’ 2021 Bowrider with 350 hp and several extras.
Can anyone give me a rough idea what NH is going to charge for registration?
Thanks for any input you can offer

If you don't mind sharing, what boat did you order? In September I ordered a Regal LS6 (26', 350 HP). I'm curious about what you chose.

Thanks!

JEEPONLY 11-22-2020 10:17 AM

Great first post!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomregal (Post 346913)
If you don't mind sharing, what boat did you order? In September I ordered a Regal LS6 (26', 350 HP). I'm curious about what you chose.

Thanks!

Tomregal buys a Regal!
Great history of making great boats.

Congrats- welcome to the Forum!

betterthanbacon 11-23-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomregal (Post 346913)

Thanks!

Hi Tom,
We must be shopping at the same place as we also ordered an LS6.
Have you heard an update on delivery? I read in another forum that Regal is pushing back their ship dates??
Enjoy your new boat

Tomregal 11-23-2020 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterthanbacon (Post 347036)
Hi Tom,
We must be shopping at the same place as we also ordered an LS6.
Have you heard an update on delivery? I read in another forum that Regal is pushing back their ship dates??
Enjoy your new boat

Great minds think alike!!! The LS6 is my second Regal. I enjoy working with the team at Silversands.

I put my order in the first week of September. At the time, I was told that orders were coming in fast and slots were already filling up. I don't have a build date yet. I just hope to take delivery sometime in May.

Enjoy your boat as well. Let me know when you have a delivery date.