Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating Issues (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What Were They Thinking? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14723)

Greene's Basin Girl 08-27-2012 02:34 AM

What Were They Thinking?

We have a narrow channel that all boats have to pass through when going in and out of Greens Basin. As I was passing through the channel on Sunday afternoon I noticed a pontoon boat stopped in the middle of the channel. I thought maybe there were engine problems. As I approached the boat I realized it was just moored right smack in the middle of the channel. There were five women merely enjoying themselves. Obviously they were oblivious to the rest of the boaters. All boaters were trying to maneuver around them. What were they thinking??? There are so many places up our way where a boat can moor and be out of the line of traffic.

Belmont Resident 08-27-2012 05:19 AM

Ok

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green's Basin Girl (Post 189727)
We have a narrow channel that all boats have to pass through when going in and out of Greens Basin. As I was passing through the channel on Sunday afternoon I noticed a pontoon boat stopped in the middle of the channel. I thought maybe there were engine problems. As I approached the boat I realized it was just moored right smack in the middle of the channel. There were five women merely enjoying themselves. Obviously they were oblivious to the rest of the boaters. All boaters were trying to maneuver around them. What were they thinking??? There are so many places up our way where a boat can moor and be out of the line of traffic.

So there are a lot of ignorant boaters out there we all know that, but did you stop to inform them of their mistake?
If they chose not to move my next call would have been to the MP as they are in fact in violation as it is, unless I'm mistaken, not legal to anchor in a channel.

tis 08-27-2012 06:27 AM

You are not mistaken. I don't think it is legal to moor in the middle of a channel.

RailroadJoe 08-27-2012 06:36 AM

Another one of our 2 week visitors (tourists) to the lake.

Janet 08-27-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RailroadJoe (Post 189745)

Just remember we 2 week visitors help your economy.

VitaBene 08-27-2012 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RailroadJoe (Post 189745)

Yep, those 2 week tourists allow us to live a pretty good life up here. I say thanks (well I curse at traffic now and then;) ) everytime I see out of state plates!

Lakesrider 08-27-2012 08:22 AM

Oh sure....Just try to go to sleep up here in Suissevale on a Friday or Saturday night.....A lot longer than two weeks. Sounds like WWII every night.....:eek:
But we have a lot of "Summer Friends" I have to say.:D

SAMIAM 08-27-2012 09:02 AM

I love the ones that moor right next to a marker.

NBR 08-27-2012 09:07 AM

95% of this type of problem is ignorance the other 5% is a don't care attitude.

Lakesrider 08-27-2012 09:46 AM

One word.......Women! :rolleye2: ;) :D

Newbiesaukee 08-27-2012 11:13 AM

Lakesrider...if you think a few smiley faces will work for women with that comment, I see why you might have problems in that area.

(Smiley faces understood on my comment, I hope).