Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Diving Winnipesaukee (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Sonar shot of Pile Drive barge (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16179)

Diver1111 07-23-2013 08:05 AM

Sonar shot of Pile Drive barge

1 Attachment(s)
Scanned within 50 feet or so at 900 khz. Need more of the wreck in the image but I was passing by and couldn't spend much time on it.

You can see the tapered derrick that had fallen to the lake floor towards the top of the image as well as the holes in the deck.

SunsetPointWentworth 07-24-2013 07:21 PM

Was it ever determined if this was the Dago?

brk-lnt 07-24-2013 07:43 PM

These new images look great! Huge difference between your new scanner and the old one.

Diver1111 07-24-2013 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes the two units are radically different; However the Humminbird is an excellent value for the price. I've found great stuff with it. This new one is wild-the things it can do. I love it. I actually run both at the same time for various reasons, Nav being one of them.

Tim Lawton of the Lawton family (Fun Spot) gave me the attached picture of the Dago; He says it's the one off Weirs in my sonar image.

Aqua-andy 07-25-2013 06:32 AM

Wow that's depressing, your picture is way better than any I got with my camera while I was ON the wreck. Lake Winni just seams to suck up the light from the strobe at those depths.

Grant 07-25-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver1111 (Post 208775)
Yes the two units are radically different; However the Humminbird is an excellent value for the price. I've found great stuff with it. This new one is wild-the things it can do. I love it. I actually run both at the same time for various reasons, Nav being one of them.

Tim Lawton of the Lawton family (Fun Spot) gave me the attached picture of the Dago; He says it's the one off Weirs in my sonar image.

But we never did figure out where the big "H" structure on the wreck came from. Not visible in the Dago photo.

Aqua-andy 07-25-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant (Post 208800)
But we never did figure out where the big "H" structure on the wreck came from. Not visible in the Dago photo.

I dove(dived?) this wreck for the first time last Thursday morning and was disappointed by how small the "H" structure was, it looks so big in pictures and videos mine included. It was a cool wreck to dive though.

Grant 07-25-2013 02:07 PM

That's a nice cold dive, too. One of those spots that's always chilly, despite relatively shallow depth. I remember diving it once years ago with Senter Cove Guy, and toward the end of the dive we just looked at each other and gave the "cold" signal and ascended. Saw a nice salmon on the way up, too.

Aqua-andy 07-25-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant (Post 208821)
That's a nice cold dive, too. One of those spots that's always chilly, despite relatively shallow depth. I remember diving it once years ago with Senter Cove Guy, and toward the end of the dive we just looked at each other and gave the "cold" signal and ascended. Saw a nice salmon on the way up, too.

I haven't downloaded my computer yet to get the whole profile but the min temp stored is 48f, yes a bit chilly.

Diver1111 07-25-2013 07:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
A few pictures attached. Of course the water is not that green-it's a camera thing.

Diver1111 08-15-2014 03:07 PM

Sonar shot with labels

1 Attachment(s)
Not the best shot but the Bay is generaly rough due to traffic.

Diver1111 07-05-2015 07:40 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More recent sonar images of the Pile Driver Barge.