Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Valet / Boat Slip Rental? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23301)

StormPanic 05-15-2018 09:06 AM

Valet / Boat Slip Rental?

Hi - been trailering my 22' pontoon up to Winni on weekends for the last 4 summers. Thinking of renting a slip (I know there arent many left) or doing rack/valet. What has been people's experience with this? I would lose a bit of freedom in taking the boat wherever (Winnisquam, Newfound, etc) but gain a significant amount of convenience in not needing to launch / retrieve every time which would save me a lot of aggravation and time, as well as gas for my truck.

thinkxingu 05-15-2018 09:14 AM

Not sure where you're looking, but Lanes End has a sign saying they've got available slips.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

StormPanic 05-15-2018 09:20 AM

Thats pretty far north for us. Trying to stay in the Gilford / Laconia / Meredith area as I am coming from MA.

Hillcountry 05-15-2018 10:13 AM

We valet and find it quite convenient. Joined a new marina at end of last season and looking forward to valeting out of the new WOW (Winnisquam on Winnipesaukee marina)
You’re a bit late to the game but check the marinas in the areas you like and craigslist has some private docking situations that might work for you.

Bbechard 05-15-2018 10:51 AM

Slips

Try Parker marine Alton bay great people had a slip there myself for few years.

jeffk 05-15-2018 12:07 PM

No loss of freedom to go to other lakes

I valet with my boat on my trailer. If I want, I can take the boat wherever I want so you would lose no freedom to pop into other lakes. Further, the boat is housed nearby so the tow would be shorter. Just ask the marina if it would be a problem to pick the boat up to go. I would be very surprised if it were.

WINNOCTURN 05-15-2018 03:49 PM

Try TREXLERS

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormPanic (Post 294709)
Thats pretty far north for us. Trying to stay in the Gilford / Laconia / Meredith area as I am coming from MA.

Try TREXLERS

Moultonboro Neck across from Quay Side Marina.

Before Long Island Bridge

beantownbaby 05-16-2018 07:28 AM

I valeted my jet ski at Meredith Marina last year. The people are very nice and it was convenient. I was all set to do it again this year but a spot opened up where I live. Give them a try.

Descant 05-20-2018 08:10 PM

This may be a social issue as much as a boating question. If your social life is on a sandbar, valet is fine. If you want to BBQ and hang out with (new) boating friends at the marina, a slip s great.

Grove84 05-21-2018 06:03 AM

Valet Service

We have been at Paugus Bay Marina for 13 years and have always had great service with the valet there. They are in Lakeport