Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Lost kayak (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21074)

New laker 08-12-2016 04:47 PM

Lost kayak

Teal/green kayak with red rag tied onto one end drifted off shore-two paddles inside. Lost on Wednesday, August 11. Opposite Sleeper and Rattlesnake islands - please post if found. Reward offered.

upthesaukee 08-12-2016 05:30 PM

Just remember to contact the Marine Patrol. Also, if you are on Facebook, post it on the group I boat on Lake Winnipesaukee. Good luck.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.

DesertDweller 08-12-2016 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 267183)
Just remember to contact the Marine Patrol. Also, if you are on Facebook, post it on the group I boat on Lake Winnipesaukee. Good luck.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.

I second the Marine Patrol phone call. Our neighbor had a swim raft break loose and they had it.

WelcomeToBearadise 05-04-2017 10:40 AM

Missing kayak!

We just opened up our camp on east bear island last weekend, and noticed this morning (camera view) that our orange kayak is missing from our dock. We heard that there were really strong wind gusts late yesterday so we are hoping that it is just floating nearby somewhere. We have already notified marine patrol and meredith police so if found they know there is no missing person as well.

ishoot308 05-04-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelcomeToBearadise (Post 278116)
We just opened up our camp on east bear island last weekend, and noticed this morning (camera view) that our orange kayak is missing from our dock. We heard that there were really strong wind gusts late yesterday so we are hoping that it is just floating nearby somewhere. We have already notified marine patrol and meredith police so if found they know there is no missing person as well.

I can confirm the winds were just crazy yesterday on the lake! More than likely that is when your kayak got blown for a ride...

Hope it turns up!

Dan

Barney Bear 05-04-2017 03:31 PM

Gone With The Wind

At our location on East Bear Island, the wind picks up in just few minutes (as it does at many locations around the lake). We secure our canoe and any other craft left on the dock with a line to an adjacent post. Heavy chairs have been blown off the dock. We remind guests to secure or remove towels, etc. from the dock when they leave it. 🐻

rick35 05-04-2017 05:22 PM

After reading posts about lost kayaks I went to Petco and had dog tags made with my contact info. I then riveted them to the seat brackets so that if they blow away I hope that the finder would give me a call. But I'm also pretty diligent about making sure the kayaks are secured when I leave them on the dock. My Suspenz brackets have tie down straps that work very well.

Slickcraft 05-04-2017 06:11 PM

When I was at Marine Patrol renewing our boat registration, I noticed some free stickers on the counter. They were designed to be placed on a canoe or kayak with places to print your contact info. Looked like a good idea.

Hope the missing boats are found.

fatlazyless 05-04-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 278139)
... designed to be placed on a canoe or kayak with places to print your contact info. Looked like a good idea.

OMG! .....could be a prelude to a ten dollar, annual kayak sticker fee with a different colored sticker every year?

To register a 14' Sunfish sailboat, it costs $39/yr at MP-HQ, or $44/yr at your town hall, so paying ten dollars for a kayak sticker seems like a steal of a deal for what you get if you park and go kayaking from the Cattle Landing town dock, way down Meredith Neck ..... a ten dollar, super steal of a deal ....that is totally free of user fee at this time.

...oopsie-doo ....getting off track from the lost kayak .... but one has to wonder how much revenue could be raised with a ten dollar annual sticker for kayaks, canoes, row boats, pedal boats, and s.u.p paddleboards, all self-propelled, non-motorized....and how the money could go into launch ramps and water access? How necessary is good access to the lake, river and ocean bay?

WelcomeToBearadise 06-26-2017 07:47 AM

One more try

Quote:

Originally Posted by WelcomeToBearadise (Post 278116)

I'd like to add one more piece of information.....if you've found our orange kayak please lift the cover of the deck hatch to find our address! Unfortunately I'm beginning to think it didn't just blow away.