Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pop’s Clam Shell 2022 (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27938)

pops 05-09-2022 04:53 PM

Pop’s Clam Shell 2022

Hello!
Just want to let everyone know we will be opening for the season on May 14th.
Our spring hours will be Friday 4-8,Saturday 11:30-8,Sunday 11:30-7.
We’ve had a late start. The new septic install has set us back a little. No worries. We start slinging clams Saturday morning. Looking forward to seeing old friends and familiar faces.
Pop’s

TheTimeTraveler 05-23-2022 09:13 PM

Visited Pops on Saturday, May 21st. As usual, the service, quality, and quantity of clams were excellent! Sat upstairs and enjoyed the afternoon sun and temperatures....... I can safely say the best clams anywhere!

Does anyone know what the days and hours will be beginning after Memorial Day weekend?

upthesaukee 05-23-2022 09:39 PM

School still in session

School is still in session, so I would anticipate they will only be open weekends until the kids are out of school.

Dave

pops 05-25-2022 06:03 AM

Spring hours

Our spring hours are as follows.
Friday’s 4:00-8
Saturday’s 11:30-8
Sunday’s 11:30-7
These hours will continue until about the third week of June. At that time we will start our summer hours. One caveat,we will be open Memorial Day 11:30-7.
Thanks
Pop’s

thinkxingu 07-01-2022 01:42 PM

I pray—PRAY—that Pop's keeps with the formula for the rest of my life.

I've seen soooo many businesses go bad because they lost their way, but each season Pop's is spot on—it really is the perfect mom-and-pop.

Today's seafood plate, for $35, is EXACTLY the quality and quantity I've enjoyed since we first discovered it in 2013, and every time I visit alone, with my family, or with my friends, I walk away thrilled (and full).

My only gripe: today, while apportioning the remaining eight pieces of seafood, I mistook a haddock nugget for a scallop and was disappointed to have saved it for the last bite (haddock obviously being the least interesting)!

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk

mcdude 07-01-2022 07:20 PM

Their little lobster roll in a buttered hot dog bun is to die for. Get two.

barefootbay 07-01-2022 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkxingu (Post 372461)
I pray—PRAY—that Pop's keeps with the formula for the rest of my life.

I've seen soooo many businesses go bad because they lost their way, but each season Pop's is spot on—it really is the perfect mom-and-pop.

Today's seafood plate, for $35, is EXACTLY the quality and quantity I've enjoyed since we first discovered it in 2013, and every time I visit alone, with my family, or with my friends, I walk away thrilled (and full).

My only gripe: today, while apportioning the remaining eight pieces of seafood, I mistook a haddock nugget for a scallop and was disappointed to have saved it for the last bite (haddock obviously being the least interesting)!

I have had seafood platters in various local establishments over the years and Pops is still hands down winner in quality , quantity and price !

thinkxingu 07-02-2022 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefootbay (Post 372476)
I have had seafood platters in various local establishments over the years and Pops is still hands down winner in quality , quantity and price !

Went to Markey's with my bros a couple weeks ago—cost was $42 for a seafood platter WITH NO SHRIMPS! $13 for a side of shrimps and $5 for a soda = $60 + tax.

Brown's, literally across the street, is something like $10 cheaper. We were a Markey's family for 35+ years, but they've killed the goose.

pops 08-29-2022 11:40 AM

End of season update

Hello again!
We would like to thank all of our loyal customers and friends for a great season. Our hours for the coming week are Monday 11:30-8,Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday closed. Friday 11:30-8, Saturday 11:30-8, Sunday 11:30-7 and Monday 11:30-4. We close for the season this Monday (Labor Day) at 4:00. We usually will start to run out of our more popular menu items starting on Sunday. Hope to see you this weekend. Have a great winter and we will see you in the spring of 2023.
Pop’s

XCR-700 08-29-2022 12:38 PM

End of Season,,,

OMG can we really be talking about Labor day and the end of the season,,,

Have I really started the season yet,,,

I think I did better during the height of COVID.

I really need to retire and try to figure out how to slow life down, well but for unrelenting inflation and costs crippling all of us,,,

barefootbay 08-29-2022 08:30 PM

See ya in the spring !!!

Descant 08-30-2022 01:50 PM

Columbus Day

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCR-700 (Post 375688)
OMG can we really be talking about Labor day and the end of the season,,,

Have I really started the season yet,,,

I think I did better during the height of COVID.

I really need to retire and try to figure out how to slow life down, well but for unrelenting inflation and costs crippling all of us,,,

We used to get started right after Ice out and the season was reasonably long. This year, there were delays with the boat and the camp, so it seemed like we weren't "in the season" until August. Yes, hard to believe Labor Day is here. The saving grace is that the season ends with Columbus Day, not Labor Day.

XCR-700 08-30-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 375767)
We used to get started right after Ice out and the season was reasonably long. This year, there were delays with the boat and the camp, so it seemed like we weren't "in the season" until August. Yes, hard to believe Labor Day is here. The saving grace is that the season ends with Columbus Day, not Labor Day.

In my case I keep my boat a Paugas Bay Marina in the valet program and that is open from Memorial day to Labor day and if you dont go there the first weekend because EVERY one is there and you wrap up before the last weekend to make sure its done, then throw in some bad weeks due to rain in June and excessive heat in July/August then you end up having a really short summer,,,

Clearly a first world problem!

In a perfect world our program would open up May 1st so you could get the boat cleaned up and checked out mechanically, and it would be open until Oct 31st, so you can do the same on the other end, then you would have actual use of the boat Memorial day to Labor day, well except for the too wet or too hot weeks,,,

In the end I guess we are fighting mother nature and you just cant win. Summer in New England is just short.