Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Power? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25233)

Mink Islander 12-16-2019 07:49 AM

Power?

It looks like the power at my place on Mink Island went out yesterday PM. Wondering if others has experienced the same. I reported it to NHEC but according to their map, my outage is the only one on the lake anywhere. Mmm. Wondering whether any Bear Island or Mark Island members are also down.

Before someone asks, I know the power is out when the camera goes offline, the thermostat goes offline and my answering machine doesn’t pick up.

Merry Xmas!

steve-on-mark 12-16-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mink Islander (Post 324016)
It looks like the power at my place on Mink Island went out yesterday PM. Wondering if others has experienced the same. I reported it to NHEC but according to their map, my outage is the only one on the lake anywhere. Mmm. Wondering whether any Bear Island or Mark Island members are also down.

Before someone asks, I know the power is out when the camera goes offline, the thermostat goes offline and my answering machine doesn’t pick up.

Merry Xmas!

Well there goes my intricate dock circulator timing pattern! [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Mink Islander 12-16-2019 08:22 AM

Exactly

My timers have batteries to run the clock so even if you lose power, you don’t mess up the settings!

Just hoping NHEC will still put a boat in the water to chase down the outage....

Mink Islander 12-16-2019 12:09 PM

Power’s back on Mink.

NHEC site said that trees were down on lines. Ultimately they were showing nearly 50 homes without power. Nice to see them get right on it and make repairs.

fatlazyless 12-17-2019 02:43 AM

..... putt-putt-buzz-buzz!

Saw the Coop's barge/boat getting towed up Meredith Neck, past the Lower Meadow Farm at about 1-pm, so it was probably returning back from the Lovejoy Sands ramp, back to the Meredith Coop garage.

It's something like a 24' all aluminum barge with a flip down gate in the bow and maybe a 250-hp Suzuki probably capable to carry a skid steer or a small excavator. The winds let up and it was warm and sunny so it must have been a very fun trip out to wherever to fix the trouble....... Mink Island?

The Coop is all powered up ..... large and in charge ..... getting it done ..... cruising up & down the big lake ..... putt-putt-buzz-buzz!

MDoug 02-08-2020 01:01 PM

Bear Power

Map Viewer shows power out on Bear today

MAXUM 02-08-2020 01:17 PM

Power is out on Bear - at least on the northern end. Running on generator power at the moment. ;)

Mink Islander 02-08-2020 02:15 PM

Mink

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 326295)
Power is out on Bear - at least on the northern end. Running on generator power at the moment. ;)

Lost power last night for a few hours but it was back on in the morning.

MAXUM 02-08-2020 02:22 PM

I think your power feed is off the south side of Bear, which is on a different feed from where I get mine. Not sure if there is a tree down out here or problems from the main land. Either way not crashing out here tonight going to bug out in a few hours.

Beautiful day though!

Be safe out there on the ice....

map 02-09-2020 06:32 AM

We didn't lose it in The Weirs, but many in Meredith did. Hannafords had a generator issue and employees had to throw out cases and cases of food yesterday.

MDoug 02-09-2020 07:51 AM

Bear Power

Map viewer site shows power restored to Bear.
One outage on Pine now.

hilltopper 02-09-2020 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by map (Post 326312)
We didn't lose it in The Weirs, but many in Meredith did. Hannafords had a generator issue and employees had to throw out cases and cases of food yesterday.

I heard the Meredith Hannaford lost $40K worth of inventory. Usually do our shopping Sunday morning but today we'll wait for them to get shipments to restock this morning and go in the afternoon.

Wifi-1 02-09-2020 10:43 AM

Cheaper than Walmart

Time for dumpster diving ?? Hint, hint..... LOL

GTO 02-09-2020 12:11 PM

Out again

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilltopper (Post 326318)
I heard the Meredith Hannaford lost $40K worth of inventory. Usually do our shopping Sunday morning but today we'll wait for them to get shipments to restock this morning and go in the afternoon.

Just went through a Meredith at 11:30 this morning. No power again in town

MAXUM 02-09-2020 12:32 PM

Yesterday on my way down Meredith Neck Rd in the morning the road that goes to Y landing was blocked off, huge tree down, took the power lines with it and snapped at least one pole in the process. Power company was working on it. When I passed on the way out at the end of the day the road was still blocked, a new pole was up but the wires were still down. They were clearing the tree debris from the road at that time.

map 02-09-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 326332)
Just went through a Meredith at 11:30 this morning. No power again in town

Wow. Good thing I went over to the Gilford Hannaford instead this morning to get the rest of what I needed.

MDoug 02-09-2020 05:59 PM

Bear Power

Bear Island camera at BearChow.com is back on. Maybe all of Bear power is restored?