Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What happened to Radio 107.7 The Pulse (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26490)

WinnisquamZ 10-28-2020 07:34 AM

What happened to Radio 107.7 The Pulse

Have been listening to the pulse for the last six years and enjoyed the morning lineup with Pat Kelley. Also, the afternoon lineup leading into Howie Carr is different. What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

upthesaukee 10-28-2020 07:43 AM

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/2...e-others-exit/

Dave

WinnisquamZ 10-28-2020 07:52 PM

Thank you. Disappointing. I did enjoy the local discussions

WinnisquamZ 10-29-2020 10:40 AM

So, what do each of you listen to with the morning cup of coffee? Not a TV guy so I have a radio on in the background during most hours of the day. Excluding football Sunday’s

joey2665 10-29-2020 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 345763)
So, what do each of you listen to with the morning cup of coffee? Not a TV guy so I have a radio on in the background during most hours of the day. Excluding football Sunday’s

These days I can’t listen to the political rhetoric so I listen to ESPN radio

tis 10-29-2020 02:11 PM

Doesn't (forget his first name) Heath do local though? Jack maybe?

thinkxingu 10-29-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 345777)
Doesn't (forget his first name) Heath do local though? Jack maybe?

Jack Heath, yes. I used to listen to him on my morning commute. Though I can't remember anything specific, when I hear his name the acids in my stomach start to creep up my esophagus, so I'm not confident it was good. Now I listen to NPR which, if I hit it right, gives me a solid summary of the day's news in 30 minutes. NH NPR usually has less of interest to me than WGBH in MA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WinnisquamZ 10-29-2020 02:35 PM

Yes he does, his focus appears to be Concord and the sea coast. Little of the lakes region. Pat Kelley was more Hillsboro and Belknap.

bigdog 10-29-2020 03:25 PM

Howie Carr available on Live streaming

Folks....

You can download an App from the Google App store to your mobile phone or PC/Laptop and listen to Howie Carr everyday over live streaming. You can also watch Howie every day on YouTube live-stream.

Enjoy !

8gv 10-29-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog (Post 345781)
Folks....

You can download an App from the Google App store to your mobile phone or PC/Laptop and listen to Howie Carr everyday over live streaming. You can also watch Howie every day on YouTube live-stream.

Enjoy !

Howie Carr... he's not like the others... :D

WinnisquamZ 10-29-2020 06:35 PM

Avid fan of Mr Carr. But, still looking for that new morning radio fix here in the lakes region

TheProfessor 10-29-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 345730)
Have been listening to the pulse for the last six years and enjoyed the morning lineup with Pat Kelley. Also, the afternoon lineup leading into Howie Carr is different. What happened?

Could break down and get an indoor satellite radio table top version.

Yep, I heard from many that radio over airways is free. Why pay for radio show?

Well, once one gets one - they don't turn back. IF they like talk radio.

tis 10-30-2020 04:51 AM

Howie Carr is on Newsmax on cable.

8gv 10-30-2020 06:53 AM

I enjoy "Greg and The Morning Buzz" on 104.9.

The show might skew a little young for this crowd but it's provides quite a few laughs daily.

It starts before I get up and goes until 10.

fatlazyless 10-30-2020 07:23 AM

AM-1300, WPNH, from Pymouth NH always has Chuck Berry, live and in person, performing ......... "No Particular Place to Go" ...... my theme song ..... along with DJ Arnie Ginsberg, also live and in person, spinning those 45-rpm vinyl discs on dat dah record player ....... hoo-ha!

If you want to hear real people talking, from Meredith you can get the three different public radio stations from Maine, 90.1-fm Portland; New Hampshire, 89.1-fm Concord or 96.5-fm Holderness, and Vermont news, 89.5-fm Windsor. Vermont has both a VPR news and a VPR classical music separate program network, and their VPR news network reaches the NH lakes region while their VPR music network does not.

NHPR, New Hampshire Public Radio has the largest radio listener audience in the state and also has the most transmitter antennas located all across this great State of New Hampshire ..... from the mountains to the sea shore ..... and then, some more!

Local radio personality Jack Heath was a three time loser, running for political office in New Hampshire three different times, and losing in all three races. Thankfully, for Jack ....... he has the gift of gab ...... and somewhere else to go ..... on that NH radio dial. September, 1996: 1st district, Republican primary congressional seat ...... came in third. Lose, lose, lose ...... Jack, Jack, Jack ..... anyone recall what were the other two lost Jack-NH political campaigns?

And, talk'n 'bout Howie Carr ...... what do Howie Carr, Joe Biden, and Donald Trump all have in common. All three have undergone big hair transplant surgery on their three bald heads.

Treerider 11-11-2020 07:10 AM

Wtpl

The new program lineup sucks other than Howard Lawrence CARR!
I suspect that because Peter st James and Ken Cail wore their conservative views on their sleeves that they were terminated!
I used to listen every morning, not any longer, are you listening binnie media??

WinnisquamZ 11-11-2020 09:06 AM

Sucks, not sure I would be that strong. It is disappointing not to have local lakes region news starting early morning. It’s more Concord and the coast.

laketrout 11-25-2020 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8gv (Post 345800)
I enjoy "Greg and The Morning Buzz" on 104.9.

The show might skew a little young for this crowd but it's provides quite a few laughs daily.

It starts before I get up and goes until 10.

Greg is a funny guy but is no youngster he's about 60 years old having worked the seacoast at WHEB for decades. Yes his radio morning sidekicks and listening demographics are that 20-44 year old guys.

laketrout 11-25-2020 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treerider (Post 346313)
The new program lineup sucks other than Howard Lawrence CARR!
I suspect that because Peter st James and Ken Cail wore their conservative views on their sleeves that they were terminated!
I used to listen every morning, not any longer, are you listening binnie media??

I used to listen to Peter St. James for years he's a Great radio announcer and person. Peter and Ken are conservative thinkers that said Jack Heath is conservative also. Just wish they kept Peter St James on the air, hopefully he finds a job somewhere close to home.

WinnisquamZ 11-25-2020 11:16 AM

Looking for more of a lakes region based show. Progressive or conservative lean is just a piece of it. Correct me if I am wrong, but the LDS which is headquartered in Laconia could increase their local area coverage. They seem to have limited local reporting.