Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   slab foundation (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22610)

winterh 09-14-2017 06:52 AM

slab foundation

I am looking into building a garage for storage. Can anyone give me a rough idea what a 16x50 slab foundation with footings and frost walls would cost. Site work is minimal so I was guessing maybe 5000 there and 20,000 for the foundation. Is that about right? The rest of the numbers I know.

Biggd 09-14-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winterh (Post 285746)
I am looking into building a garage for storage. Can anyone give me a rough idea what a 16x50 slab foundation with footings and frost walls would cost. Site work is minimal so I was guessing maybe 5000 there and 20,000 for the foundation. Is that about right? The rest of the numbers I know.

You might want to check into Morton metal buildings. They construct some pretty nice pole barns which are set on piers. They general contract all the work and they build quite a nice building for a reasonable cost.

VitaBene 09-14-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 285748)
You might want to check into Morton metal buildings. They construct some pretty nice pole barns which are set on piers. They general contract all the work and they build quite a nice building for a reasonable cost.

I have a 24X30 Morton building. Heated and insulated- as long as I leave the windows closed, it never gets over 75 in the summer. I keep the heat on 48 in the winter when not occupied, nudge it up when I am working on something and only burn 80-100 gallons of propane for the winter.

To the OP, Winterh- call Randy Bickford at East Coast Foundation for a price.

All of the good excavating contractors that I know are super busy, so you may need to nudge that number up:
Brian Davis Excavating
Lemien Excavating
RA Dunlap and Son
Jake Dawson

winterh 09-14-2017 11:24 AM

Thank you for the info on the metal buildings but I am looking more for an exterior that matches my house as it is quite close. Red cedar shingles, adirondack style design... I didn't mention it in original post because I didn't think it mattered but I will be looking to do a second floor and finish it someday. I thought I was leaving room with my guesstimate but if its low it shows how much construction costs have increased.

TheProfessor 09-14-2017 05:57 PM

Quote:

You are basically constructing a house foundation. Just without the basement or crawl space.

Start with Ambrose Bros. in Meredith to get an estimate.

Then ask for the names of earth works companies. Excavators, dump trucks and such. Then compare prices.

Unless someone on this board is an earth works person or retired from such - no one can give you any kind of estimate without looking at job site.

As you did not mention access - no one knows how easy or difficult getting machinery on job site. Nearby wells, leach fields, etc. Then of course there is ledge.

lumber man 09-15-2017 06:41 AM

garage

Quote:

give me a call I work outride sales at middleton building 603-630-7360

longislander 09-15-2017 09:27 AM

I'm also looking for info on slabs and foundations. My issue is a two car garage on a new build.

The wife and I are putting a house on land we bought, and want a two car garage. Advantages/disadvantages of garage under (foundation walled) v. separate garage build on side of house.

I did get some info, for concrete, from a local concrete suppler they gave an a number of $400/cubic yd. for walled foundation and $300/cubic yard for slab; nuts, bolts, re-bar, mesh extra. Not sure if that included delivery costs, but I'm guessing @10 yards per truck load. I added @ 10% for spillage when I calculated cubic yards.

The footprint for garage on side is 84 ft. X 33ft.; garage under footprint is 60 ft. X 33 ft.

The enclosed URL may not be addressing a "floating"slab.

https://www.google.com/search?q=conc...w=1366&bih=604