Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Snowmobiling (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moultonboro Snowmobile Trails Closed (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4355)

WINNOCTURN 03-14-2007 09:09 AM

Moultonboro Snowmobile Trails Closed

It is with great regret that I am posting this notice; all Snowmobile Trails maintained by the Moultonboro Snowmobile Club are closed for this season. We observed Riders this past Sunday riding on trails that were nothing more than dirt and mud. In fairness to the Land Owners who allow us the use of their property we have made this decision to close all trials.

There are still several areas where you can access the lake, Balmoral Beach, States Landing and Long Island Beach. You may find the Lake a little “Slushy”.

To all those who have joined our Club this year we thank you for your support and contributions. To the members that worked on trail maintenance, your efforts were well observered and appreciated for the quality of riding we had this season though it was a short season. To the group of dedicated “Drivers” who did an exceptional job of grooming our trails under not so good snow conditions we thank you.

Our season as a Club is not over yet. We still have 2 Monthly Meetings, April and May. These are very important meetings for the Club; the April meeting is when we will announce the slate of candidates vying for those positions that are open for the upcoming elections.

ELECTIONS: We are looking for volunteers to fill some key board member positions: Vice President, Secretary and a Board of Directors position. If you would like to volunteer or know someone who is interested, please contact one of the following Nominating Committee Members by mid March: Jim Morrison, Terri Eichhorn, or George Higgins.

Our May meeting is our Annual meeting. The results of the Election will be announced and a Club business will be discussed and voted on.

Detailed information on these matters can be found on our website:
www.moultonborosmc.com

WINNOCTURN

Chris Craft 03-14-2007 09:52 AM

I did not ride the trails around the lake this year but thanks for all the effort to keep the trails up. Also thanks to all the land owners that let people ride through :D

KonaChick 03-14-2007 01:04 PM

Thanks to all the volunteers who spend their time running the club and grooming the trails..we rode the trails many times these past 6 weeks and have enjoyed it immensly. You do such a fantastic job and my family and I want you to know it's appreciated more than words can say..anyone not a member and who rides the trails I urge you to join the club to keep this fine organization up and running. Happy Spring! :)

jeffk 03-14-2007 10:12 PM

What a difference a week makes

Last Wednesday and Thursday were the coldest days we had seen in a several years (-33 in Wakefield overnight) versus in the 70's today :coolsm: in Hudson,NH (home), a temperature spead of over 100 degrees. Amazing!!. I was driving with the convertable top down. :D We went snowmobiling both days last week and despite the connector trails from the lake being pretty beaten and bare in spots the main trails were good to excellent. We went across the lake from Moultonboro to Melvin Village and headed toward Wolfeboro and then up to West Ossipee. From there up Corridor 19 to North Conway and a few miles beyond before turning back. Some of the rail tracks were breaking through a bit but not too bad. When we got back to Ossipee we took the mountain trails through the Chocorua forest and Castle trails back to the lake. Overall one of the best rides we've had in years. Since it was midweek the grooming wasn't getting beaten up very much. On Wednesday, in the mountains, we came across a Moose crossing the trail, only the second one I've seen in the wild during the 22 years I've been in NH, and on Thursday a couple of what I think were white tailed deer. All in all a beautiful end to the season which was admitedly very late getting started and pretty light on snowfall. Time to summerize the sleds and in about 6 weeks to put the dock in and pick up the boat.