Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   This week (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12078)

Grady223 05-16-2011 08:32 AM

This week

Looks like a great weather week - rain predicted for the next 9 days!

Jessy Drastic 05-16-2011 08:52 AM

really hope it clears up by the weekend.. have reservations to stay up at a cabin on Paugus bay on friday..

oh well, i guess if the rain persists, there's always Funspot...

:( :( :(

Chris Exley 05-16-2011 08:58 AM

Coming for the week!

I don't care if it is raining (Well, I care, but it isn't enough to stop me). It is guys weekend at the cottage. Opening up, getting ready for the season, fishing, poker, plenty of adult beverages. Can't wait! See you soon.

AC2717 05-16-2011 09:26 AM

Hey Me Too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Exley (Post 157087)
I don't care if it is raining (Well, I care, but it isn't enough to stop me). It is guys weekend at the cottage. Opening up, getting ready for the season, fishing, poker, plenty of adult beverages. Can't wait! See you soon.

Guys weekend, always the weekend before memorial day. BUt would like to get some golf in, fishing in the rain is fine with me, but golf supposed to be the priority

Winnisquamguy 05-16-2011 11:20 AM

Farmers Almanac has 11-20 rain, then sunny, very warm. Was just looking for a bright side of this horrible forecast.:cheers:

Bear Island South 05-19-2011 06:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
same view, different day

you know we have had enough rain when this is what we have seen for the past several days :(

Merrymeeting 05-20-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grady223 (Post 157084)
Looks like a great weather week - rain predicted for the next 9 days!

5 days later and the 10-day forecast is the same! :(:(:(

It's time for some drastic action.

Can the ladies who did the snow dances a few years ago also work their magic on sunshine? Perhaps we pick a day and time when everyone turns their hairdryers on high for 5 mins to blow the clouds and cold away? CLA does some of his weather magic and changes the actual forecast? Anything! Please!
:rolleye1:

Lakesrider 05-21-2011 05:12 PM

I agree. This weather sucks. Go to defrost some steak tips, warm up the grill Soon as the tips are defrosted it starts pouring down like a monsoon. Lose the DirecTv, water, water, water.....Sump pump, sump pump, sump pump.
Then when the sun does come out we are going to get into Mosquitoes like the second coming of the plague...Can't wait.:(

Belmont Resident 05-23-2011 05:11 AM

This is getting old. False predictions again.

Saturday was suppose to be the worse of the two days with, and I quote from channel 9, no rain for sunday. We all usual they got it spot on and it drizzled and rained all day yesterday.
I can deal with the weather but not those who seem unable to inform us so that we can make plans according to it.

Merrymeeting 05-23-2011 07:15 AM

Interesting...the drizzle and rain must have been very localized. While certainly not saying I like this weather pattern, I worked outside all day yesterday and never got wet.

It was cloudy all day in New Durham, and there was a fine mist for a very short time. But otherwise it remained dry.

Merrymeeting 05-25-2011 10:19 AM

Nice job ladies! The dance worked! What a beautiful evening last night and today is a day this region was created to enjoy!

Let's hope this is the start of a wonderful week, weekend, and summer.

Jonas Pilot 05-25-2011 03:01 PM

Great day today 5-25-11

1 Attachment(s)
Here comes the pine pollen!

Jonas Pilot 05-25-2011 03:26 PM

Pollen blowing.

1 Attachment(s)
Plenty of pollen. It's really tempting to open all your windows now but be careful or you'll end up with pollen all over everything. It goes right through screens too.

tis 05-25-2011 05:13 PM

No kidding!!! Just when we can finally open the doors the pine pollen comes!

Belmont Resident 05-25-2011 07:24 PM

Black truck is green

Between the pollen and all the tree stuff it isn't pretty.

Ya Merrymeeting that drizzle was an all day even around this side of the lake which made cutting the lawn a nighmare. Couldn't be put off because it was already at or above a foot. And as of Fridays forecast it was going to be sunny or at least partly sunny last Sunday.

ApS 05-26-2011 01:52 AM

Even Before There Was a "New Hampshire"...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 158106)
No kidding!!! Just when we can finally open the doors the pine pollen comes!

It's early—and it's terrible—and it's been this way for at least 30,000 years! :emb: