Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   TWC/Spectrum Seasonal holds (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22692)

Flylady 10-12-2017 12:25 PM

TWC/Spectrum Seasonal holds

Heads up for seasonal clients...I just placed my service on seasonal hold and the price increased from 10.00 a month to 22.95 a month. They could not provide me with any benefit to place on hold verses disconnect the service. So I disconnected the service and will use the winter to look for other TV/internet options. :(

MAXUM 10-12-2017 01:02 PM

And the cable companies are wondering why people more and more people are unplugging!

chocophile 10-12-2017 01:22 PM

Internet Only

We have internet-only in Tuftonboro, and the seasonal charge is $4.99.

Descant 10-12-2017 08:30 PM

Aggravating. we used to suspend in the winter and get a $0.00 bill. Need to look at this from a regulatory respective. "Deregulation" Came from Rep. Jeb Bradley when he chaired the House Science and Technology Committee years ago. Now Senator Jeb Bradley. Deregulation was probably good, but I pay more now than I did before, at least in the "off" season. If I pay more in the "busy" season, I can't tell.

tis 10-13-2017 07:18 AM

Spectrum is worse than Time Warner was. Flylady is right, it has gone up for seasonal to 22.95. Also if you call to put it on seasonal for a certain date, they just might shut it down immediately and you don't have any cable or internet while you are still here. So they are suggesting you call the day before you leave to put it on suspension. They don't know anything there. You spend hours and many transfers on the phone and just shake your head after you are done with them.

SIKSUKR 10-13-2017 07:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure what you guys are talking about but I just got my bill again today from TW/Spectrum for my ski house. I have it on seasonal and it costs $5.08.

tis 10-13-2017 08:04 AM

Seasonal TV Seasonal Internet
monthly rate during Seasonal Service period will be $22.68. Please call us at 1-800-892-2253 or visit one of our stores if you have any questions concerning Seasonal Service.

©2017 Charter Communications. All rights reserved. Spectrum and the Spectrum logo are trademarks of Time Warner Inc., used under license. | Privacy Policy

This message was sent by Charter Communications.

__________________________________________________ __________

Dave M 10-13-2017 08:10 AM

Cost may vary

Does it cost more to go seasonal with TV AND internet versus just TV. I been paying the $5.00+ for my seasonal rate on just my TV.

Dave M

Flylady 10-13-2017 08:25 AM

Seasonal

Good points. I asked specifically if there were other options. None were given. In prior years the fee was $5.00 for TV and $5.00 for internet. I was told that was the rental cost of the equipment. This year I replaced the modem with my own so in theory my cost should have been $5.00 if the price change had not gone forward. I called one last time to see if they were willing to do something to retain my relationships and the best they would go was 14.99 a month on seasonal. Good luck all....

Doobs41378 10-13-2017 08:40 AM

TWC/Spectrum Seasonal holds

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flylady (Post 286605)
Good points. I asked specifically if there were other options. None were given. In prior years the fee was $5.00 for TV and $5.00 for internet. I was told that was the rental cost of the equipment. This year I replaced the modem with my own so in theory my cost should have been $5.00 if the price change had not gone forward.

Last year ours was $15.00. $5.00 for each cable, internet and phone. My only bill this year on hold was pro rated do not sure what it will look like. I do agree these cable companies are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

SIKSUKR 10-13-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 286603)
Seasonal TV Seasonal Internet
monthly rate during Seasonal Service period will be $22.68. Please call us at 1-800-892-2253 or visit one of our stores if you have any questions concerning Seasonal Service.
__________________________________________________ _________

Ahh,now I see.Mine is only for tv.

chocophile 10-13-2017 11:53 AM

Quote:

Good points. I asked specifically if there were other options. None were given. In prior years the fee was $5.00 for TV and $5.00 for internet. I was told that was the rental cost of the equipment. This year I replaced the modem with my own so in theory my cost should have been $5.00 if the price change had not gone forward. I called one last time to see if they were willing to do something to retain my relationships and the best they would go was 14.99 a month on seasonal. Good luck all....

My seasonal rate came from my online account... maybe the online price is less than the price quoted by a rep...

mishman 10-14-2017 07:38 PM

Directv seasonal charge

I hope Directv does not up their season disconnect charge or see you later.

Senter Cove Guy 10-29-2017 01:04 PM

Here's What I Just Did

Quote:

I have Spectrum TV and Internet. They provided the cable TV box and I provided the modem.

Rather than putting anything on seasonal hold, I disconnected both services, therefore, no seasonal charges. They require that I return my cable TV box which I don't want to do. If I don't return the cable TV box, they charge me a one time charge of about $125. Come next spring when I want to reconnect, I call and reconnect internet and TV (using the retained cable TV box) at the prevailing promotional rates and they said that they will credit me the $125 one time charge. To me, that's a win/win.

Flylady 02-01-2018 04:35 PM

Spectrum ??

Follow-up...I disconnected..left and then received a bill for the cable box not being returned. I called them and said I could not return it as it was in NH and I am not. Told them I would return it in the spring when I returned. The next month I got a letter from a collection company!

Now I am wondering since I have Spectrum in CA. full time can I use thE MOBILE SPECTRUM APP and stream to my TV in NH? Guessing I will only get west cost version and no local....any suggestions?