Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Opinion Poll-Art Show Night (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15146)

CateP 11-29-2012 08:49 AM

Opinion Poll-Art Show Night

Hello Everybody
I am on a local committee that is organizing an art show and we were trying to decide what night to have an opening reception. The art show will be in March in Wolfeboro. The choices are Thursday night or Sunday night.

What do you think? (See poll above and vote)

upthesaukee 11-29-2012 08:58 AM

In March, tough nights

Your art show in March, with choices being a Thursday or a Sunday night, cuts out a segment of potential attendees.

While March is not what would be considered "in season", there are certainly a fairly substantial potential of attendees who are secondary residents, and may be up on any given weekend. A well publicized show on a Saturday night or an early Sunday afternoon (1-4) may attract attendees other than only locals.

Just a thought, Cate.:rolleye1:

LadyJane 11-29-2012 09:23 AM

Hi Cate, I have been a member of a gallery here in Ct. for many years and am in charge of their publicity. We have opening receptions about once a month throughout the year and they are almost always on Saturday evenings. Given the choice between a Thursday or Sunday I would have to say a Sunday afternoon might be the best choice. Good luck with it and have fun !

Merrymeeting 11-29-2012 09:24 AM

Cate,

While I second the thoughts about trying to capture the weekend crowds, given your choices, I'd vote for Thursday. At least this way you may get additional traffic on the following weekend through word of mouth from those who attended on Thursday. How long will the show be open?

Having stated that, Sunday would be fine too, though earlier in the afternoon/evening is better.

CateP 11-29-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merrymeeting (Post 194934)
Cate,
How long will the show be open?

The show will be open for two weeks following the opening.

We can't have the show on a Saturday night because there are other events going on.

BroadHopper 11-29-2012 04:13 PM

Transients or locals?

I'm assuming you want the locals and or transients population as your audience as March is not 'tourist season'.

If the audience is year round folks, I would say Sunday afternoon. Many of us commute at least a half hour from home. And the commute to Wolfeboro from the Laconia area may add an additional 3/4 hour. Thursday night is not a good time.

If you are looking for the 'Weekenders', most of the folks travel on Friday evening and Sunday evening. Thurday night and Sunday afternoon are ruled out.

If you are just looking for the Wolfeboro area folks, I would suggest you adverised in the Wolfeboro forum where most of the folks are.