Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The New Woodshed (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25004)

sum-r breeze 09-16-2019 09:07 AM

The New Woodshed

We decided to finally go to The New Wood Shed. There are so many great places to eat on our Laconia side of the lake that it has taken us a while to get out there. I called for reservations and informed the Maitre D that we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. When we arrived our table was festively decorated and positioned near the fire place. (Nice touch) The waitstaff was EXCELLENT and so was the food!! This is the beginning of off season and sometimes restaurants have a hard time keeping up the quality of service with the shortage of help. NOT the case at The New Wood Shed. Absolutely a super dining experience and will certainly be returning when there is a foot of snow on the ground and that fireplace is roaring for the Winter. Bravo! Great reboot of a Lakes region classic!!

Biggd 09-16-2019 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sum-r breeze (Post 319638)
We decided to finally go to The New Wood Shed. There are so many great places to eat on our Laconia side of the lake that it has taken us a while to get out there. I called for reservations and informed the Maitre D that we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. When we arrived our table was festively decorated and positioned near the fire place. (Nice touch) The waitstaff was EXCELLENT and so was the food!! This is the beginning of off season and sometimes restaurants have a hard time keeping up the quality of service with the shortage of help. NOT the case at The New Wood Shed. Absolutely a super dining experience and will certainly be returning when there is a foot of snow on the ground and that fireplace is roaring for the Winter. Bravo! Great reboot of a Lakes region classic!!

You might want to call first, I think they close down in the winter months.
We tried to go one night late last winter and they were closed.

sum-r breeze 09-16-2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 319641)
You might want to call first, I think they close down in the winter months.
We tried to go one night late last winter and they were closed.

Luckily I did ask about the winter schedule....They said they are open Year Round Thursday - Sunday starting at 5PM but we will definitely call prior to leaving the house.

JADAQ 09-16-2019 07:54 PM

Thanks for the review!

I made a delivery there last week and spoke with the chef, he stated that unlike many other establishments in the area, they are currently fully staffed! Good to hear as so many places suffer after Labor Day.

phoenix 09-17-2019 08:05 AM

I tried to go a couple weeks ago( after labor day) and only reservation was 8pm so passed