Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Beautiful yacht arrived in Gilford.... Just stunning.... 56 foot Galeon.... Congratul (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24439)

gkmathews1 05-17-2019 05:27 PM

Beautiful yacht arrived in Gilford.... Just stunning.... 56 foot Galeon.... Congratul

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?3Attachment 14895

Sent from my VS996 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

gkmathews1 05-17-2019 05:29 PM

Congratulations [emoji322]

Sent from my VS996 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

phoenix 05-17-2019 06:55 PM

Amazing. One of a kind

steve-on-mark 05-17-2019 07:00 PM

This is a beautiful vessel, but I don't understand the hype...what's this have that my 24 ft. pontoon doesn't?? [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

TiltonBB 05-17-2019 07:01 PM

There is already a thread with over 100 posts about this boat in the Boating section.

TiltonBB 05-17-2019 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phoenix (Post 311741)
Amazing. One of a kind

Not really. Bring your checkbook. I am sure Galeon will build one for you!

garysanfran 05-17-2019 08:23 PM

Wonderful...

I'm sure the folks in Sally's Gut are looking forward to that thing traversing that sigmoid bend!!!

Hillcountry 05-17-2019 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 311753)
I'm sure the folks in Sally's Gut are looking forward to that thing traversing that sigmoid bend!!!

And the “Hole in the wall”” :D

The Real BigGuy 05-18-2019 07:14 AM

Actually, I can’t wait till it traverses the “Hole”.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

joey2665 05-18-2019 07:30 AM

The inside is amazing but not really a fan of the exterior style. Hope he doesn’t try to go to Naswa. [emoji4]

Hillcountry 05-18-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 311771)
The inside is amazing but not really a fan of the exterior style. Hope he doesn’t try to go to Naswa. [emoji4]

I agree...too modernistic looking on the exterior. Wish them well though!

fatlazyless 05-18-2019 02:56 PM

... win big in NH!

Is this big boat a triple NH win or what?

Win #1 - no NH sales tax

Win #2 - no NH property tax

Win #3 - no NH registration if registered federal

The NH Galeon 560 Sky Bridge Extraordinaire ..... built in Gdansk, Poland by Galeon Yachts ...... a win, win, win, win ..... how good is that!

So, what's the price?

Win #4 - no federal luxury tax

Maybe it should be named the 'NH Tax Exempt'.

Or, better yet ....... The NH Advantage! .................................................. ................................. ho-ho ... budda-bing.:look:

Only five states have no sales tax: New Hampshire, Delaware, Montana, Oregon, and Alaska.

betterthanbacon 05-18-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 311782)

Win #1 - no NH sales tax

The NH Galeon 560 Sky Bridge Extraordinaire ..... built in Gdansk, Poland by Galeon Yachts ...... a win, win, win, win ..... how good is that!

So, what's the price?

Or, better yet ....... The NH Advantage! .................................................. ................................. ho-ho ... budda-bing.:look:

Lol. Seems the name fits.

betterthanbacon 05-18-2019 05:40 PM

Sounds like it should have an inflatable tender.

fatlazyless 05-18-2019 06:03 PM

Hey ...... for $259-each, on ebay, you can get an 11' long inflatable sup .... an Aqua Marina Fusion ..... which is a seriously good, doable, able to paddle, 220-lb capacity, well made sup, that weighs just 20-lbs ...... "instead of using the dinghy tonight ..... I'd rather hit the paddle sup!" ..... and a get a little work-out.

Like ...... why go dinghy ...... when you can go stand-up sup?

Just the item ..... for getting off the yacht ..... or getting onto The Dive.

MAXUM 05-20-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 311782)

Win #1 - no NH sales tax

So, what's the price?

Only five states have no sales tax: New Hampshire, Delaware, Montana, Oregon, and Alaska.

Not quite FLL

Documented vessels also MUST obtain a NH registration and carry the Certificate of Registration on board. However these vessels are not required to display their registration number but must display the validation decals within two feet of the extreme forward part of the bow.

No NH doesn't tax boat purchases however like a new car purchase, there is a graduated "fee" structure on new boats that is added to the registration requiring the owner to pay a premium on the first few years of ownership so technically it's a tax by a different name. I guess the term "fee" sounds less offensive even though that's pretty much what it is.

Far as federal "luxury" tax goes.... Two years after its imposition, in August 1993, the Congress decided to eliminate the “luxury tax” since it did not achieve its main objective. Gee come to think of it who was running things in DC at that time? Hmm...….. just sayin. ;)

fatlazyless 05-20-2019 11:48 AM

.... ok ..... so it actually pays for a NH state registration as well as a federal documentation ..... or something ... both, at the same time?

.... but .... still, no sales tax and no local property tax on this yacht ....... so's the local kindergarten class has 31 children in the same room ..... at least there's a kindergarten class .... only six states out of 50 have no sales tax

.... the 'NH Advantage!' ... an appropriate name for a 58.1' yacht that costs something like 1.5 million dollars, or more?

MAXUM 05-20-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 311903)
.... ok ..... so it actually pays for a NH state registration as well as a federal documentation ..... or something ... both, at the same time?

.... but .... still, no sales tax and no local property tax on this yacht ....... so's the local kindergarten class has 31 children in the same room ..... at least there's a kindergarten class .... only six states out of 50 have no sales tax

.... the 'NH Advantage!' ... an appropriate name for a 58.1' yacht that costs something like 1.5 million dollars, or more?

Federal documentation and state registration are two entirely different things and governance of them is handled separately. From the state's perspective any vessel that qualifies to be federally documented is optional or better put the state doesn't say you have to federally document it but you damn sure better have a valid NH registration.

You didn't pay attention to the part I stated far as the "sales tax" - like a new car a new boat has a graduated fee schedule so you are paying substantially more to register a new boat over the first 4 years of ownership than the base registration fee. So in this case this boat would have a base annual registration "fee" of $293.00 if it is over 4 years old, but since it is new the boat fee is $1761.40 in the first year. In year 2 of ownership that fee drops to $1174.40, year three $880.80 and year four $587.20. Therefore if the owner has this boat for 4 years since new a total of $4,403.80 is paid out in "fees" to the state. Now the state calls this a fee I call it a back door sales tax of a different name. What ever you choose to call it, buying a boat under 4 years old is not "free".

If you are dying to pay a sales tax FLL add up all the stuff you buy multiply it by say 5% and send a check to the state. Yeah that even includes the junk you get at the local thrift shop too. Don't hold back.... for me yeah I'll pass they get enough from me but I encourage you to give them as much as you want.

fatlazyless 05-20-2019 12:59 PM

NH 5% sales tax on a 1.5-mil yacht ..... is $75,000 ..... and only six out of 50 states have no sales tax.

Is NH really a state ...... or just a collection of cities and towns who all pay for their town and school with their local property tax?

Phantom 05-20-2019 01:26 PM

Hope the new owner enjoys his/her new toy ……….. can't wait to see her in the water !

codeman671 05-20-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia (Post 311927)
Best thing to do is to be a NH resident and rent rather than own. No state taxes, no sales tax, and no property tax.

Back to the original post - is the boat in the water yet? Can we expect to see it out cruising on Memorial Day weekend?

They were struggling with it today from what I am told. Not in the water as of this morning. I am sure you will see it afloat by the weekend though.

joey2665 05-20-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 311940)
They were struggling with it today from what I am told. Not in the water as of this morning. I am sure you will see it afloat by the weekend though.

What were they struggling with? Completing the ceramic coat?

TiltonBB 05-20-2019 04:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It should be in the water in the next couple of hours.

dippasan 05-20-2019 04:21 PM

Badass!
Looks like my Formula would fit on the bow :D

joey2665 05-20-2019 04:32 PM

Very impressive looking vessel [emoji568]

TiltonBB 05-20-2019 06:25 PM

It's in

3 Attachment(s)
It is in the water and it looks great!

Barney Bear 05-20-2019 06:39 PM

Ahoy!

Where did she meet the "Water in a High Place"? 🐻

TiltonBB 05-20-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Bear (Post 311964)
Where did she meet the "Water in a High Place"? 🐻

Silver Sands Marina

eillac@dow 05-20-2019 08:25 PM

If you could see my boat!

So I clearly do not know nothing more than the pics I am looking at....and also reading/skimming some of the messages......so my question is...the Captain....is he always inside? Is there no “cockpit” above to charter it?” What did I miss? Or is it, because it is so big...you just hire a captain and you, the owner enjoy your time outside?

But if that is the case...what size space outside are we talking about...other that the bow?

My questions are really just curiousity driven. While I would love to own a beautiful boat...certainly nothing like this...I would prefer to have that home on an island/or lake front....which the owner probably does....but how much time is really be spent enjoying both?

Please appease me with your thoughts. In the meantime, I will think about packing my duffle bag for a weekend away!

Happy Boating Everyone,

TiltonBB 05-20-2019 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It has two stations to operate the boat from. One outside on the flybridge and one inside. The seating was removed for transport. This will be owner operated. not piloted by a Captain. I doubt it will ever be chartered.

eillac@dow 05-20-2019 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 311977)
It has two stations to operate the boat from. One outside on the flybridge and one inside. The seating was removed for transport.

I guess I missed that. Can it be seen from the photos shared?

Thanks for responding...just felt bad for the “Skipper”

The Real BigGuy 05-21-2019 07:25 AM

It has a power cover that slides over the flybridge when not in use. Video address in my previous post. Way cool!

codeman671 05-21-2019 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 311941)
What were they struggling with? Completing the ceramic coat?

The lift at Silver Sands wasn't big enough to handle it, they had to get cranes to come up to move it as pictured by others above.

TiltonBB 05-21-2019 03:31 PM

It was always planned to use two cranes to put it in but on Friday the scheduled crane company backed out. A last minute replacement for the Monday lift was located and he was able to do it with one 100 ton crane.

The travel lift at Silver Sands may have the weight capacity but the length of the boat and the 16 foot beam made it impossible to do it that way.

fatlazyless 05-21-2019 04:43 PM

..... noodles for rolling a boat

If they had read the thread here about noodles, they would have known that big boat could easily get rolled off the trailer and into the water, there, using about 34 foam noodles, the big monster 4" dense foam ones, one noodle for every two feet of boat.

No scratches with noodles ..... a rolling noodle move! ...... plus you get to keep the noodles for the next time ..... unlike a rental crane which goes away.

TiltonBB 05-21-2019 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 312052)
If they had read the thread here about noodles, they would have known that big boat could easily get rolled off the trailer and into the water, there, using about 34 foam noodles, the big monster 4" dense foam ones, one noodle for every two feet of boat.

No scratches with noodles ..... a rolling noodle move! ...... plus you get to keep the noodles for the next time ..... unlike a rental crane which goes away.

Is there a family member we could call to look in on you? Make sure you are taking your medications? Just checking.

salty dog 05-21-2019 07:31 PM

A Beauty!

It really is a good looking ultra-modern design. Certainly not too shabby a way to spend the day on the lake! Here's a quick look for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjlyiMfY4_k

Descant 05-21-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 311744)
This is a beautiful vessel, but I don't understand the hype...what's this have that my 24 ft. pontoon doesn't??

A windshield and a head.

Descant 05-21-2019 10:08 PM

Search?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TiltonBB (Post 311745)
There is already a thread with over 100 posts about this boat in the Boating section.

For newbies, the original thread has a title that doesn't relate to a search, I'd guess.

steve-on-mark 05-22-2019 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 312075)
A windshield and a head.

That's all??? I must have gotten a bargain! [emoji6]

The Real BigGuy 05-22-2019 03:00 PM

I love the boat but, if you can’t dock it anywhere but home, how many circuits of the lake can you do before it gets old?

Hillcountry 05-22-2019 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy (Post 312157)
I love the boat but, if you can’t dock it anywhere but home, how many circuits of the lake can you do before it gets old?

He'll probably anchor and use a foam noodle raft to go ashore...:laugh:

garysanfran 05-22-2019 04:30 PM

Do I see two radar domes???

If so, why?

I also agree that not having an option to dock means anchoring out and dingying in to anywhere you want to go.

upthesaukee 05-22-2019 04:40 PM

I think...

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 312168)
If so, why?

I also agree that not having an option to dock means anchoring out and dingying in to anywhere you want to go.

I think the two larger domes are TV receivers, like directtv, with the thinner dome in the center is rear.

I thought that's what I saw as we watched larger yachts motoring along the intercoastal while we were sitting at a really nice waterside bar. Of course that maybe a problem with my recollection.

Dave

The Real BigGuy 05-22-2019 06:25 PM

The one I saw on the internet had 3 domes: one large one was sat tv, a second was sat phone and a third flatter one that was radar.

fatlazyless 05-22-2019 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 312166)
He'll probably anchor and use a foam noodle raft to go ashore...:laugh:

.....hey ..... it sure beats drowning in icy cold water or when a wee bit drunk .... as is often the case in warm water drownings ..... one 2-dollar noodle can keep you afloat and not too panicked for a long time .... depending .... plus, if you do swallow any water, a noodle allows you to relax and recover, as opposed to drown which is a horrible way to die .... :eek: .... aarrrrggggghhhhh!

The Real BigGuy 05-23-2019 05:36 AM

Hey FLL, hot tip- $1.50 at Ocean State Job Lots!

ApS 05-23-2019 08:08 AM

Narrow, but...

$1.00 at Dollar Tree, Gilford.

znh 05-23-2019 09:09 AM

I don't see anything beautiful about this boat...I like big boats and all but this one is just not pretty IMO. And I really hope I don't take one of his 8 foot wakes over the bow as hes pushing through the water...

DPatnaude 05-23-2019 09:22 AM

Not much different than any other boat wake on the lake:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ENqWhSmQLYg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

znh 05-23-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DPatnaude (Post 312241)
Not much different than any other boat wake on the lake:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ENqWhSmQLYg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I mean more when they are not on plane, which most of these boats seems to spend there time at that speed, and then just push HUGE wakes around...

joey2665 05-23-2019 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by znh (Post 312247)
I mean more when they are not on plane, which most of these boats seems to spend there time at that speed, and then just push HUGE wakes around...

No different from what the Doris E and Sophie C put out when they are not on plane along with quite a few other cabin cruisers. I'm not a fan of the design either although the inside is beautiful but they certainly have the right to operate on the lake. Best of Luck and congratulations to the owner.

brk-lnt 05-23-2019 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 312168)
If so, why?

It looks like a single radar (looks to be a Raymarine) and 2 KVH satellites, which is likely 1 for TV and 1 for phone/data. Obviously we can only speculate, but my guess is they were part of an overall electronics package. From what I saw of the bridge pics, it is pretty light on electronics overall.

dpg 05-23-2019 11:01 AM

Ridiculous on the lake it belongs in the Bahamas. I just love saying Bahamas. :D

The Real BigGuy 05-23-2019 12:01 PM

I don’t think there will be much “pushing thru the water” with this one. I think I read somewhere that it cruises at 30 knots and tops out at 40.

ushaggerb 05-23-2019 09:30 PM

Quote:

This is a beautiful vessel, but I don't understand the hype...what's this have that my 24 ft. pontoon doesn't?? [emoji6]

an additional 32 feet

steve-on-mark 05-24-2019 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ushaggerb (Post 312329)
an additional 32 feet

True, but sometimes smaller is better...Baby carrots always taste better than big ones, etc. I will say that I've had much larger tv equipment and appliances on the pontoon than the Galeon has on board. Oh wait, I just hauled that stuff out to the house...nevermind. [emoji6]

Seaplane Pilot 05-24-2019 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 312189)
.....hey ..... it sure beats drowning in icy cold water or when a wee bit drunk .... as is often the case in warm water drownings ..... one 2-dollar noodle can keep you afloat and not too panicked for a long time .... depending .... plus, if you do swallow any water, a noodle allows you to relax and recover, as opposed to drown which is a horrible way to die .... :eek: .... aarrrrggggghhhhh!

Here’s another idea for your beloved noodles (and not a bad one at that):

https://qz.com/1620913/the-best-cycl...shvaDYF6q6guOU

ApS 05-24-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 312251)
No different from what the Doris E and Sophie C put out when they are not on plane along with quite a few other cabin cruisers. I'm not a fan of the design either although the inside is beautiful but they certainly have the right to operate on the lake. Best of Luck and congratulations to the owner.

Also the right to anchor in front of your cottage and swim at your beach...
:rolleye2:

joey2665 05-24-2019 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 312340)
Also the right to anchor in front of your cottage and swim at your beach...

:rolleye2:

Very true but unfortunately not much we can do about that, the law is the law and applies to everyone. Hopefully the draw of this boat would keep it from getting too close. Just enough to admire but not close enough to annoy.

garysanfran 05-24-2019 07:39 AM

Annoyance works in both directions...

Anchor in front of my beach, you will be annoyed at what emanates from my shore.

Barney Bear 05-24-2019 09:11 AM

Fat Chance?

Only once in the 52 years that we have had our place on East Bear Island has a boat anchored in front of us. ⚓️

Hillcountry 05-24-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 312348)
Anchor in front of my beach, you will be annoyed at what emanates from my shore.

LMAO...I would anchor there just to see and hear what shenanigans you have in store! :D

ushaggerb 05-24-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve-on-mark (Post 312331)
True, but sometimes smaller is better...Baby carrots always taste better than big ones, etc. I will say that I've had much larger tv equipment and appliances on the pontoon than the Galeon has on board. Oh wait, I just hauled that stuff out to the house...nevermind. [emoji6]

You make a really good point. If I were you, I'd share it with the Galeon owner and suggest a trade, straight-up.:)

ushaggerb 05-24-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 312360)
LMAO...I would anchor there just to see and hear what shenanigans you have in store! :D

Shenanigans can cover a pretty broad range that may make you reconsider anchoring there: torpedoes, mines, strategically placed rocks, air rifles that shoot soaking wet tee-shirts saying "how's that for emanating", agreements not to emanate if you vacate, underwater drill for punching holes through your boat, and lots of other creative emanations. I'd rethink your strategy:)

Barney Bear 05-24-2019 01:23 PM

Woof, Woof......Hiss, Hiss!!!

Barking dogs and hissing cats may keep some folks away! 🐶 🐱

garysanfran 05-24-2019 01:24 PM

We be thinkin' alike

Quote:

Originally Posted by ushaggerb (Post 312387)
Shenanigans can cover a pretty broad range that may make you reconsider anchoring there: torpedoes, mines, strategically placed rocks, air rifles that shoot soaking wet tee-shirts saying "how's that for emanating", agreements not to emanate if you vacate, underwater drill for punching holes through your boat, and lots of other creative emanations. I'd rethink your strategy:)

Are you my long lost twin? I've thought of all of those. A hand launched torpedo?...Priceless!

steve-on-mark 05-24-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ushaggerb (Post 312386)
You make a really good point. If I were you, I'd share it with the Galeon owner and suggest a trade, straight-up.:)

Excellent suggestion...he can fill the Galeon with fuel, I'll fill the pontoon, and we'll swap, just for a day...i wouldn't want to get used to it!

garysanfran 05-27-2019 12:18 PM

Fueling up...

1 Attachment(s)
Wonder how much that cost...

ushaggerb 05-27-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 312526)

I don't think the dock was that expensive. If they'd used redwood, that would be a different story.

garysanfran 05-27-2019 12:56 PM

In The Daily Sun...

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...63638fdfa.html

The Real BigGuy 05-27-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Had a neighbor with a 38’ Fountain that had twin 250 gal tanks. He used to fill it twice a weekend @ about $1500 per fill up. This must be double that! (Interesting note on the Fountain - no cross over between tanks. Each engine ran on its own. If one tank ran dry, you limped home on one engine)

garysanfran 05-27-2019 01:20 PM

It'll probably be docked here...

Until he sells his "house" and takes the boat to Florida...

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...75_rect/11_zm/

Hillcountry 05-27-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Looks much smaller in the water!

Phantom 05-27-2019 03:02 PM

It does indeed look smaller than I expected in the water.

An odd they named it Summa Humma - I miss the 40’ Fountain !

FlyingScot 05-27-2019 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garysanfran (Post 312531)

Owned by Mr. Bourgeois? You can't make this stuff up :laugh:

codeman671 05-27-2019 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 312542)
It does indeed look smaller than I expected in the water.

An odd they named it Summa Humma - I miss the 40’ Fountain !

It was a 47’. Triple 600’s!

Reilly 05-28-2019 04:08 AM

fuel

Quote:

not there its diesel, must have been getting something else

Patofnaud 05-28-2019 04:47 PM

I was sipping a 'beverage' at Anthony's Pier yesterday and saw it being fueled. VERY impressive. Had a lot of folks up on the upper deck and a bunch below. Took a while for it to fuel up. Congrats to them!

steve-on-mark 06-01-2019 08:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

It doesn't have him![emoji6]Attachment 14986