Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Where is the Best Fried Chicken (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20921)

AC2717 07-12-2016 07:39 AM

Where is the Best Fried Chicken

I Had a hankering for Fried chicken last week, and I was looking for a place that would have it, yes I know of KFC and the counter at Shaw's but I am thinking a restaurant or a road side location in the lakes region

Major 07-12-2016 07:46 AM

Squam Lake Inn

Hands down the best fried chicken in the Lakes Region. You won't be disappointed!

Pineedles 07-12-2016 08:38 AM

I had no idea Major. Thanks.

upthesaukee 07-12-2016 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 265374)
Hands down the best fried chicken in the Lakes Region. You won't be disappointed!

Those who view the forum on Tapatalk can't see who recommended. Who was it, please? Thanks.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.

joey2665 07-12-2016 09:07 AM

"Major"

Quote:

Originally Posted by upthesaukee (Post 265380)
Those who view the forum on Tapatalk can't see who recommended. Who was it, please? Thanks.

I live here... I am always Upthesaukee.

"Major" recommended Squam Lake Inn

Gatto Nero 07-12-2016 11:20 AM

Chester Fried is pretty good too. It's served at Pier 19 and Murphy's at the corner of M'Boro Neck Rd

ishoot308 07-12-2016 12:06 PM

Airport Convenience

While not fried, the broasted chicken at the airport convenience store is Gilford is very good! They sell a ton of it so its always fresh!

Dan

ghfromaltonbay 07-13-2016 08:35 PM

The Lakeside in Gilford

Lakeside Restaurant (Rt. 11 across from the Walmart Plaza) serves a fried chicken dinner with half a chicken for under $10. You get a drumstick, thigh, wing and breast plus 2 sides. My Dad ordered it last summer and took 2 pieces home. He really enjoyed it.

Pontoon Goon 07-14-2016 10:45 AM

All you can eat !!!

Monday night George's in Meredith has all you can eat and it is excellent.:liplick:

persistence 07-20-2016 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatto Nero (Post 265382)
Chester Fried is pretty good too. It's served at Pier 19 and Murphy's at the corner of M'Boro Neck Rd

LOL my FIL cant say enough about chester fried at murphs...and the soft serve! :)

surfnsnow 07-20-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by persistence (Post 265873)
LOL my FIL cant say enough about chester fried at murphs...and the soft serve! :)

the chicken at murphy's , although excellent , is not chesters

KPW 07-20-2016 07:02 PM

Roadies

Quote:

Originally Posted by persistence (Post 265873)

I believe they call it Roadies now.

Hillcountry 07-21-2016 09:13 AM

My wife and I tried to make a reservation at the Inn in Squam Lake based on someone's fried chicken recommendation and by 2 o'clock in the afternoon they were already committed for reservations for the evening and that's on a Wednesday...we know that's a busy little area but to be packed on a Wednesday night means they must be doing something right!

Major 07-21-2016 10:07 AM

Squam Lake Inn

You may want to try calling them before going over to see if seats at the bar or a high top seating are in the restaurant (seats 6) are available. They don't take reservations for those areas, and they seem to be free.

Hillcountry 07-21-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Major (Post 265927)
You may want to try calling them before going over to see if seats at the bar or a high top seating are in the restaurant (seats 6) are available. They don't take reservations for those areas, and they seem to be free.

We did call and the person mentioned the bar seating but we didn't want to drive there and experience a full house and wait.
We ended up at Lavinia's in Center Harbor and really enjoyed it!

jbolty 07-21-2016 11:08 AM

I would pop into Squam Lake Inn and try for a bar table. Failing that, go to Walters Basin or a quick jump over to George's in Plymouth for some fried clams. Win, win.

Hillcountry 07-21-2016 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbolty (Post 265933)
I would pop into Squam Lake Inn and try for a bar table. Failing that, go to Walters Basin or a quick jump over to George's in Plymouth for some fried clams. Win, win.

We go to George's often (wife works in Plymouth)

persistence 07-22-2016 08:48 AM

thanks on the murphs correction, he still calls it chester fried. i havent actually had it..... but i will be on my way up later this afternoon....:cool:

BroadHopper 07-22-2016 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbolty (Post 265933)

I second the thought! And the ride is really nice. Don't forget the original C-Man in Ashland!

kawishiwi 08-02-2016 10:34 PM

Drive by Murphys Moultonboro a lot so...

Quote:

Originally Posted by persistence (Post 265961)
thanks on the murphs correction, he still calls it chester fried. i havent actually had it..... but i will be on my way up later this afternoon....:cool:

I stopped @ Murphys for "Roadies" fried chicken and it was very very good. Timing seems to be key as it appears they cook batches that go into a display warmer, though they may cook to order. When I stopped there was a fresh batch of "tenders" which are not the typical tenders but boneless breast filets. 2 for $3 was a great deal I thought and it was delicious. The bone in pieces and potato quarters looked a little old so I skipped them for coleslaw thats was meh.

Hillcountry 08-07-2016 10:30 AM

An update on the Squam Lake Inn...went there last Saturday (reservations) and when the waitress arrived at our table to give us the specials, the first thing out of her mouth was "we're out of the fried chicken"!! Arggghhhh...that's what I went there for! :laugh:
I opted for another choice (strip steak) and was not disappointed...my wife's meal and the service was also stellar. Next time, I'm bringing a package of chicken in a cooler in the truck. :(