Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   2020 Registrations (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25177)

AC2717 11-20-2019 10:08 AM

2020 Registrations

I have seen that some have received their registration renewals even registered for 2020 already. I received one boat renewal registration form but I did not receive the other, and the one I received was over two weeks ago. Are these coming in waves or am I missing something here

Busy Livin' 11-20-2019 10:11 AM

2020 Registration

Same thing happen to me...received one boat registration renewal about 3 weeks ago...still waiting for one for my other boat.

LIforrelaxin 11-20-2019 10:39 AM

Good to see I am not the only one....

ishoot308 11-20-2019 10:55 AM

Samey Same!

Same here....

moose tracks 11-20-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 322897)
I have seen that some have received their registration renewals even registered for 2020 already. I received one boat renewal registration form but I did not receive the other, and the one I received was over two weeks ago. Are these coming in waves or am I missing something here

I received one boat renewal registration form and I didn't receive the registration for my other boat until about 2 weeks latter.

Merrymeeting 11-21-2019 11:40 AM

Ditto here

Received one over a month ago. Still waiting on the other.

kauriel 11-24-2019 12:59 PM

Our renewal forms arrived a couple of weeks apart. We just received our other renewal form this past week.

AC2717 11-24-2019 11:03 PM

received the second on this past Friday

tis 11-25-2019 05:51 AM

We got one a couple of months ago and the rest last week. Why do they dribble in? Why don't they all come at once?

Descant 11-25-2019 09:39 AM

Online?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tis (Post 323092)
We got one a couple of months ago and the rest last week. Why do they dribble in? Why don't they all come at once?

Why USPS instead of online?

TiltonBB 11-25-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 323099)

Job security for a multitude of state workers!

MAXUM 11-25-2019 09:52 AM

They should outsource it to Amazon..... get your boat registrations done and stickers delivered same day with amazon prime ;)

LIforrelaxin 11-25-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 323087)
received the second on this past Friday

Yes me too..... now they are both in a safe place taped to the inside of a cabinet door, that we are in all the time.... In the past we have put them in that "safe place" and well we have a few years of renewals that we still can't locate....

AC2717 11-25-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 323099)

the cost of mailing alone, with the paper, envelope and stamping
they should offer a discount if you wish to receive online

AC2717 01-25-2020 08:36 AM

mailing mine for the time.
It says to just sign the owners copy. then send in. Does that mean sign the owners copy, but send in the whole form (all 4 regs pieces (owner, muni, DMV, and agent forms) or just send it in with the owners signed form???

thank you

upthesaukee 01-25-2020 08:54 AM

Wish I could help with the answer

Wish I could help with the answer, but I've thrown mine in the trash.

Boat sold last month. :(

Dave

Newbiesaukee 01-25-2020 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC2717 (Post 325797)
mailing mine for the time.
It says to just sign the owners copy. then send in. Does that mean sign the owners copy, but send in the whole form (all 4 regs pieces (owner, muni, DMV, and agent forms) or just send it in with the owners signed form???

thank you

Yes, you sign just the owners copy and mail in the entire form. Of course, best to include the fee.

Descant 01-25-2020 02:31 PM

go local

The registration money is in two parts, a tax and a registration fee. The tax goes to place you register. If you register in Glendale at Marine Patrol HQ or mail to Concord, all the money goes to the state. If you register at a local marina or twon hall, that town gets the tax portion. In my case, that means Gilford gets $$ to support things like the Glendale facilities. This includes docks, mail boxes, UPS/Fedex service, public restrooms, launch ramp, Lake Hosts, and dock masters. The extra $5 is worth it. And Lyons Den. Not free, but definitely worth it.

LIforrelaxin 01-27-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 325818)
The registration money is in two parts, a tax and a registration fee. The tax goes to place you register. If you register in Glendale at Marine Patrol HQ or mail to Concord, all the money goes to the state. If you register at a local marina or twon hall, that town gets the tax portion. In my case, that means Gilford gets $$ to support things like the Glendale facilities. This includes docks, mail boxes, UPS/Fedex service, public restrooms, launch ramp, Lake Hosts, and dock masters. The extra $5 is worth it. And Lyons Den. Not free, but definitely worth it.

I don't think I have every sent my registration in, I only once went to the DMV for a boat registration, and that was because my father died and I had to get his name off of the registration.

I go to trexlers every year, and register my boats..... I began taping the renewals to the inside of the cabinet door so I know where they are in the spring... because I got tired of getting the hairy eyeball from Denise when I would show up with last years registration.... (joking, she has always been very pleasant, it just easier all around when you have the renewal...)

That way I don't have to worry about 2 things:
1. forgetting where the darn stickers are in the spring
2. having to remember to stop in concord on my way up to put the boats in the water....