Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tuesday: Mike Pence airport event (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26348)

fatlazyless 09-18-2020 06:04 AM

Tuesday: Mike Pence airport event

Tuesday, Sept 22, 3-pm: gate opens at 1-pm, Laconia Airport in Gilford, AutoServ Hangar, Gate K;

To attend ....... http://www.events.donaldjtrump.com/e...e-september-22 ..... (trying to get this link to work here?)

fatlazyless 09-21-2020 05:27 PM

....... hey there; mask up, or ship out!

No doubt everyone at this event will be wearing a mask because Gov Chris Sununu issued Emergency Order #63 on August 11 that requires masks at scheduled gatherings with one hundred or more individuals.

So, now you know what to say to anyone there without a mask ..... it's a State of New Hampshire requirement! And yes, this includes Vice President Mike Pence, as well.

WinnisquamZ 09-21-2020 05:59 PM

It is a “peaceful protest” so no masks are required. However, if you prefer, you can wear one

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

longislander 09-21-2020 06:18 PM

https://events.donaldjtrump.com/even...e-september-22

Cobalt 25 09-21-2020 09:07 PM

Why is a "peaceful protest" exempt from Emergency Order #63?

Why would a campaign rally be considered a "protest"?

Why are attendees forced to sign a document exempting the Trump campaign from Covid-related liability (including death?) at their rally?

ApS 09-21-2020 09:44 PM

Introducing Peaceful-Protest Practice Kit...

https://babylonbee.com/news/fisher-p...nd-burned-down

Billy Bob 09-22-2020 07:09 AM

Mask

Not wearing a mask to a rally is not a protest .
It’s just a very dumb move !
The last place you want to be with no mask

WinnisquamZ 09-22-2020 09:54 AM

Once again the only response in fear mongers. Over the past few weeks in NH we have experienced Bike Week, a Trump Rally and kids going back to school thought out the State and their in no change to the numbers or risk. Stop it!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 09-22-2020 10:43 AM

I could care less if they wear a mask, no one I know will be there. Good luck to all of them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Cobalt 25 09-22-2020 11:19 AM

"...no change to the numbers or risk."

Are you saying there have been no new cases of Covid and no new deaths from Covid in New Hampshire?

Seaplane Pilot 09-22-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 343952)
I could care less if they wear a mask, no one I know will be there. Good luck to all of them.

Excellent! That means I'll get a better view! :patriot:

8gv 09-22-2020 12:21 PM

My wife says my mask enhances my appearance...

Biggd 09-22-2020 03:02 PM

Lucky you.[emoji23]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 343957)
Excellent! That means I'll get a better view! :patriot:

fatlazyless 09-24-2020 09:41 AM

...... Canada goose(?) and Mike Pence's airplane

Is my guess that it was a Canada goose that flew inside a jet engine on Air Force-2 as it was departing Laconia Airport, creating engine sparks and requiring the plane to circle back, land, and get replaced by a second airplane. An Air Force repair team flew in to repair the damaged engine, as well.

Weighing from 10-15 lbs, a Canada goose is an even-steven match in a fight with a bald eagle, so they normally keep their distance from one, another. The head, beak, entire body and energy plus the loud honking sound are its weapon when it goes to repel another invader bird from its territory.

So, what was that Canada goose thinking? .... :rolleye2:

Canada geese do not really "think" so much, they seem to act on their learned and inherited instincts and can be very protective of their territory. Honking loud and aggressive honks has given them the name, 'honkers' ....... as in ........ incoming honkers dead ahead ..... arrgghh! ...... pull up, pull up!

Correction: Just learned the plane, Air Force Two, was departing from Manchester Airport, formerly Grenier Field-US Army Air Corps, and not Laconia Airport. Here's the best video news on it I could find ....... www.onemileatatime.com/air-force-2-bird-strike/ ..... "Here's a video, you can see the exact time it happened, about six seconds in ...... " ...... and Team Mike Pence got switched into a C-17 Globemaster for the ride back to Washington D.C.

Paugus Bay Resident 09-24-2020 11:59 AM

FLL, his plane flew out of MHT, not LCI.

TiltonBB 09-24-2020 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paugus Bay Resident (Post 344057)
FLL, his plane flew out of MHT, not LCI.

What? Facts matter?

JEEPONLY 09-25-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 344047)
Canada geese do not really "think" so much, they seem to act on their learned and inherited instincts and can be very protective of their territory. Honking loud and aggressive honks has given them the name, 'honkers' ....... as in ........ incoming honkers dead ahead ..... arrgghh! ...... pull up, pull up!

So... you are actually a Canadian goose??? :laugh:

fatlazyless 09-25-2020 10:16 AM

...... is Canada, is not Canadian or Canadien

To be linguistically or syntactically correct, Canada geese are never ever Canadian geese, it is always Canada geese with an upper case 'C' and a lower case 'g.'

They are not Canadian geese, they are Canada geese ...... honk-honk-honk! ...:rolleye2:

So, to get this back on topic here, was it a 12-lb, 16-year old Canada goose that flew into the jet engine on Air Force Two, or some other large bird?

"Canada geese can live for 10-24 years and .... are monogamous with most couples staying together all their lives. If one dies, the other may find a new mate." ...... Wikipedia

JEEPONLY 09-25-2020 11:40 AM

So...

Your expertise makes me right!?!

Biggd 09-25-2020 02:06 PM

He's just pooping on you![emoji1787]
Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 344111)
So... you are actually a Canadian goose??? [emoji23]

JEEPONLY 09-25-2020 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 344129)
He's just pooping on you![emoji1787]

And he does it so WELL!
But, FLL, if Canada geese aren't Canadian- what kind of passport do they use?

Here comes more POOP!

ApS 09-25-2020 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 344116)
To be linguistically or syntactically correct, Canada geese are never ever Canadian geese, it is always Canada geese with an upper case 'C' and a lower case 'g.'

They are not Canadian geese, they are Canada geese ...... honk-honk-honk! ...:rolleye2:

So, to get this back on topic here, was it a 12-lb, 16-year old Canada goose that flew into the jet engine on Air Force Two, or some other large bird?

"Canada geese can live for 10-24 years and .... are monogamous with most couples staying together all their lives. If one dies, the other may find a new mate." ...... Wikipedia

Why are articles always referring to bird-strikes that are akin to committing bird suicide?

That Canada Goose was flapping his wings "at altitude"—minding his own business—when Air Force 2 scooped him out of the sky. :(

fatlazyless 09-25-2020 07:15 PM

...... it was Big Bird from Sesame Street!

Maybe it was a wild turkey and not a Canada goose, we don't know?

The January 2009 'Miracle on the Hudson' with Capt Chesley Sullenberger was caused when the plane met up with a flock of Canada geese that got inhaled into the jet engines causing the pilot to make an emergency water landing in the nearby river.

All things considered, a single large bird, even a bald eagle or the very rare flying ostrich, let alone a Canada goose, has no value what-so-ever when compared to an airplane flying with passengers onboard.