Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Restaurant Information & Reviews (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Faro for my birthday (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22321)

sum-r breeze 07-21-2017 03:27 PM

Faro for my birthday

We had the pleasure of dining at Faro Italian Grill for my bithday on Sunday 7/16 and once again were completely impressed with their entire operation. Service was excellent and the food was just fantastic!! I HIGHLY recommend this restaurant. Prices tend to match the quality of food and service so don't expect "cheap eats" here, but you won't be disappointed.

The Breeze
Wave 'cuz I'll be wavin' back

KennyFromBoston 07-22-2017 08:11 AM

Happy belated Birthday !

Dave 07-24-2017 12:21 PM

Thanks for the post ... where are they located?

TiltonBB 07-24-2017 12:31 PM

In Weirs Beach on Rte 3 across the street from the lot where the water slide was. It is an easy walk from the public docks. Just walk up to the street and take a left towards the large Weirs Beach sign. You will see it across the street.

Resident 2B 08-05-2017 10:26 AM

We went to Faro Thursday evening, Aug 3. It was a great dining experience. The food was fantastic, the waiter was knowledgable, the decor was perfect for a quality Italian restaurant and the food came out timely and hot.

I had not been in the building since it was the Lobster Pound. Hard to believe it is the same building and the same ownership. I had a great conversation with the Manager, Paul I believe, after our meal. He is leading a great team and the results are clear.

We are going again tonight!

R2B

Mr. V 08-05-2017 12:16 PM

How does Faro's stand up to a head to head comparison to that old Laconia stalwart, Fratello's?

Major 08-07-2017 12:03 PM

Fratello's by a nose

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 283264)
How does Faro's stand up to a head to head comparison to that old Laconia stalwart, Fratello's?

Personally, I like Fratello's food slightly better than Faro's. The Northender is excellent! However, I enjoy eating in the bar area of Faro's. A bit nicer than Fratello's.

sum-r breeze 08-07-2017 02:35 PM

Both good but....

My personal opinion is Fratellos is very good but Faro's is better. The service at Faro's is a bit more upscale and the price reflects that bump up in attention. NOT complaining about price by any stretch because it's well worth the extra $$

The Breeze
wave 'cuz I'll be wvin' back :)

Fiberhen 03-18-2018 09:45 PM

Opened or closed

Rumor has it...Faro has closed...any info????

ishoot308 03-18-2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiberhen (Post 292157)
Rumor has it...Faro has closed...any info????

From their Facebook page....”Faro will be closed for maintenance and spring cleaning, March 15th-18th. We will reopen Thursday, March 22nd at 4pm.
We apologize for any inconvenience.”

Phantom 03-22-2018 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Resident 2B (Post 283249)
I had a great conversation with the Manager, Paul I believe, after our meal. He is leading a great team and the results are clear.

R2B

His name is Patrick ... and yes, he and all the other members of the Team are "Top Shelf".