Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Get ready, it's coming! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17231)

PaugusBayFireFighter 03-10-2014 08:56 AM

Get ready, it's coming!

We are right in the path of another storm's heaviest swath of snow. Only a few miles will make a difference as to who gets what. Looks like a foot or more for many of us. Wednesday into Thursday looks like the time line. Bring it on!!;)

Bernie Rayno's take..
http://t.co/DKLi9lcuVS

Lakeboater 03-10-2014 09:05 AM

Enough!

I hope you are wrong.

Rusty 03-10-2014 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We could be in the 12"-18" range depending on which way it goes:

Tired of Waiting 03-10-2014 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaugusBayFireFighter (Post 220704)
We are right in the path of another storm's heaviest swath of snow. Only a few miles will make a difference as to who gets what. Looks like a foot or more for many of us. Wednesday into Thursday looks like the time line. Bring it on!!;)

Bernie Rayno's take..
http://t.co/DKLi9lcuVS

just a quick question PBFF:

Do you own a boat?:) cause if you do it'll sit under cover until July this Year.;)

ToW

PaugusBayFireFighter 03-10-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tired of Waiting (Post 220712)
just a quick question PBFF:

Do you own a boat?:) cause if you do it'll sit under cover until July this Year.;)

ToW

Everything will be in the water sometime in May. :cool:
After this storm everything melts and we thaw out. Winter's last big punch.

Lakeboater 03-10-2014 11:47 AM

I'm hoping that we already had winters last big punch....but I doubt it.

minni on winni 03-10-2014 04:24 PM

I thought it was meteorological spring! Bring on the sunshine and warm breezes! So done with cold and snow:(

RLW 03-11-2014 07:47 AM

Before we bring everyone the spring breezes we have that fantastic mud season to contend with. In spots that has already started.:)

minni on winni 03-11-2014 03:27 PM

After mud is it black fly then green fly then sugar ant then spider......has anyone seen a crocus or snowdrop yet?:D

tis 03-11-2014 03:54 PM

The roads are posted.

dave603 03-11-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minni on winni (Post 220824)
After mud is it black fly then green fly then sugar ant then spider......has anyone seen a crocus or snowdrop yet?:D

No crocus yet, at least none I can see under the foot and a half of snow still over them.
I wish it would just end, want to at least spring clean up the boat.

BoBo 03-12-2014 07:59 AM

Snow=$$

I'm sorry, but as a native we have to embrace this weather. I wouldn't have it any other way. Just think of how positive this has been for the economy. Skiing, snowmobiling, lodging, eateries, the local hardware stores, the grocery stores etc. We are New Englanders and lets not show our guest that we are complainers and weak. To all my fellow skippers, it will come don't worry. I doubt anyone was planning on putting their boat in the water this month anyway. Just sayin.....

fatlazyless 03-12-2014 11:00 AM

.....well...well...well....looks like it might snow today.....so what's all that white stuff falling out of the sky?

SIKSUKR 03-12-2014 11:21 AM

It doesn't last long into April

White gold. Let it snow. One month from now the snow will be a distant memory.

RLW 03-12-2014 01:03 PM

In Alton it is all clear stuff coming down and making mud in the roads:(

SAB1 03-12-2014 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minni on winni (Post 220824)

You forgot the pine pollen:laugh:

BroadHopper 03-12-2014 02:55 PM

Psnh

I just got a storm warning from PSNH on my cell phone. It went to my cell phone and it sounds like they are under water. :eek:

HellRaZoR004 03-12-2014 03:28 PM

What do you mean by under water?

CanisLupusArctos 03-12-2014 06:26 PM

Winter Storm Update

Winter storm update... snowfall on the island has amounted to a slushy inch so far today. Local temperatures are all above freezing, with the exception of us (BlackCatNH.com), Gilford, Ossipee, and Barnstead, which are all at 32 F.

Watch for freezing rain this evening. Colder air is moving in from the northwest. At 7 pm the storm was centered over eastern Pennsylvania and moving toward the coast. The air on its backside is in the teens. Northern and central Vermont are in the teens right now.

As the storm moves off the coast, putting us on its cold side, we will see the rain change quickly to snow. Wet pavement will quickly become icy with a layer of snow on top of the ice. The local roads will become very hazardous for travel overnight and in the morning.

We are also in the time of year when the snow accumulates more at night than in the daytime, and also more at elevation than in valleys. Watch for increased snowfall on even small hills like those found along Route 25 in Meredith and route 171 in Moultonborough.

At 7 pm the snow was mostly confined to Grafton County (Plymouth) and the northwestern half of Carroll County, while mixed precipitation fell over Lake Winnipesaukee, and rain dampened the rest of the region from Laconia to Rochester.

A winter storm warning from the US National Weather Service Gray ME remains in effect for all but the three southernmost counties of the state, which have a winter weather advisory for the likelihood of a flash freeze and enough of a snow accumulation to cause a travel hazard overnight and tomorrow morning. The winter storm warning for our area is in effect for the likelihood of 10-14 inches of snow overnight and tomorrow morning.

PaugusBayFireFighter 03-12-2014 06:43 PM

On the north end of Paugus Bay it's been all rain on top of a little slush. Been at 33 degrees for a few hours. There's lots of puddling on the lake that will eventually freeze for a day or so. I'd say this storm did more for snow and ice removal than we could have hoped for.

Lakeboater 03-13-2014 08:29 AM

What happened to "Get ready, it's coming"?

PaugusBayFireFighter 03-13-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakeboater (Post 220946)
What happened to "Get ready, it's coming"?

It came and is almost gone, where have you been?:rolleye2:

They predicted this storm when the energy was days away from the west coast. 50 miles meant over a foot of wet snow or nothing. I'd say that's not a bad prediction.

AC2717 03-13-2014 09:38 AM

they really messed this one up, and CLA was not fooled even though they said 10-14 for the area LOL
With all this technology mets have become worse than before, and our locals guys such as Resident 2B and CLA are getting better and better!!