Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Automotive (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ducati Mechanic (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22555)

johnffrias 08-30-2017 07:14 AM

Ducati Mechanic

Hi Everyone.

I'm in need of a European bike mechanic somewhere near the Lake. The Bride has an '05 Ducati 620 Monster that will not click over when the starter button is pressed. I installed a new starter solenoid and it cranked over. I let go of the starter button then it continued to crank then just stopped. I's also not getting spark at the plugs.

I hit up a bunch of Ducati forums but I haven't had much insight and don't want to go through the process of elimination and just start throwing new parts at it.

I know there's a Duc dealer in Derry but was trying to avoid the big dealership costs.

Thanks.

dt5150 08-30-2017 08:11 AM

i believe there's a shop on messer st. in laconia. bcm motorsports i think it's called.

BroadHopper 08-30-2017 09:07 AM

European Motorsport

across from Hannaford in Gilford. I was told they work on European bikes.
They had a BSA Victor for sale 'The Thumper'.

DPatnaude 08-30-2017 10:29 AM

I don't know of any independent Ducati mechanics up that way. Seacoast Sport Cycle in Derry is the authorized dealer service location and has some of the best Ducati mechanics.

They will pick up and deliver as far away as NY for $50 per trip in a Sprinter van.

http://seacoastsport.com/

GhostofGoody 08-30-2017 10:35 AM

BCM on Messer St. is no longer around, but you're in luck: there's a great Duc tech near the Moultonborough Airport. He's been working on my Ducs since 2002 when he was at BCM ('02 620 Monster; '03 749s; currently '08 Hypermotard). Eric's number is 393+8945. Can't recommend him highly enough.

Poor Richard 08-30-2017 08:58 PM

I wouldn't be afraid to go to Seacoast. No personal experience with them as I gravitated toward Japanese sport tourers however I still view them to be a reasonable shop to work with and, of the customer base I've ridden with, they sound to me like a solid shop.

Have the safety switches been checked to see if any are sticking?
Did you notice if the the plugs were wet when they were pulled?
Battery connections tight, battery good?

johnffrias 08-31-2017 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poor Richard (Post 284979)
I wouldn't be afraid to go to Seacoast. No personal experience with them as I gravitated toward Japanese sport tourers however I still view them to be a reasonable shop to work with and, of the customer base I've ridden with, they sound to me like a solid shop.

Have the safety switches been checked to see if any are sticking?
Did you notice if the the plugs were wet when they were pulled?
Battery connections tight, battery good?

I checked for continuity between the switches.
Plugs were not fouled or flooded.
All battery connections are tight and in good shape with zero corrosion.

I usually work on my vehicles but this has me stumped.

johnffrias 08-31-2017 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostofGoody (Post 284934)
BCM on Messer St. is no longer around, but you're in luck: there's a great Duc tech near the Moultonborough Airport. He's been working on my Ducs since 2002 when he was at BCM ('02 620 Monster; '03 749s; currently '08 Hypermotard). Eric's number is 393+8945. Can't recommend him highly enough.

This is exactly the type of tip that I was hoping for!

I'll give him a call today.

Thank you!

Downeast 09-03-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnffrias (Post 284923)
Hi Everyone.

I'm in need of a European bike mechanic somewhere near the Lake. The Bride has an '05 Ducati 620 Monster that will not click over when the starter button is pressed. I installed a new starter solenoid and it cranked over. I let go of the starter button then it continued to crank then just stopped. I's also not getting spark at the plugs.

I hit up a bunch of Ducati forums but I haven't had much insight and don't want to go through the process of elimination and just start throwing new parts at it.

I know there's a Duc dealer in Derry but was trying to avoid the big dealership costs.

Thanks.

You are looking for Eric Colbath
Club House Motorsports

hes been my duck dr. for years and is the real deal. Awesome gent.
P/M me if need be.