Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   End Of Season (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26330)

MotorHead 09-12-2020 09:31 AM

End Of Season

When do you put the Jet Ski away for the season?
When do you put your boat away for the season?

Meredith AK 09-12-2020 09:49 AM

End of season

We like to give candy away to TrickOrTreaters at the Meredith town docks on Halloween/Oct 31st, then pull the pontoon the following week. There are some great boating days in October where the lake is flat and you're the only one out there.

Descant 09-12-2020 09:51 AM

Low water

Usually mid October. This year, low water, we're close to done now. Some friends are on the bottom in their slips already.

MeredithMan 09-12-2020 12:08 PM

normally, mid to late October. This year, I'm thinking I'm gonna bring it to the marina for the winter next week. I've been on the mooring for the last couple weeks, as I don't have enough depth at the dock due to the low lake level, and it's a bit of a production getting on and off the mooring.

MAXUM 09-12-2020 01:04 PM

When the ice starts to form.

XCR-700 09-12-2020 02:25 PM

Paugus Bay Marina shuts its valet service of on Columbus day, so far we have not been told otherwise this year.

Assuming they are not forced to stop early, we will go until they cut us off.

I trust them to do what they need to, they have been fantastic. Truly the best marina I have ever dealt with.

Winilyme 09-12-2020 03:30 PM

The day my ski goes into storage is the day the two of us need to drag the lift around our dock and hoist it four feet out of the water onto our over-the-water deck. So, the date the ski goes bye-bye is the last date I think I can stand 20 minutes in the water...around the fourth week of September.

Knowing we'd be doing that, I remember asking how heavy the lift was when purchasing it. About 125 lbs as I recall. I thought - "that's not too bad". LOL - I should have asked how heavy it was when it's full of water.

jeffk 09-12-2020 05:36 PM

Valet ends on Columbus Day at Meredith Marina. I empty the boat by then and they winterize and shrink wrap. I pick it up and store it at home.

JEEPONLY 09-13-2020 06:09 AM

Ha-Ha x 2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winilyme (Post 343499)
The day my ski goes into storage is the day the two of us need to drag the lift around our dock and hoist it four feet out of the water onto our over-the-water deck. So, the date the ski goes bye-bye is the last date I think I can stand 20 minutes in the water...around the fourth week of September.

Knowing we'd be doing that, I remember asking how heavy the lift was when purchasing it. About 125 lbs as I recall. I thought - "that's not too bad". LOL - I should have asked how heavy it was when it's full of water.

Ha-Ha #1- FLL does not fear water temp.- enlist him to help extend your season!!!
Ha-Ha #2- The weight- Yes, I've helped friends move their lifts (in and out)- much easier In- @125lbs.!

rick35 09-13-2020 07:26 AM

Any other year we would be home, at work or at the lake. This year home and work are the same so being at the lake has been extra special even when it included work. It's sad to come to the end of the season as in another week it will be just home to work.

fatlazyless 09-13-2020 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 343508)
Ha-Ha #1- FLL does not fear water temp.- enlist him to help extend your season!!!

Hey ...... the first five minutes in 40-degree water are the toughest ..... if you can survive that ...... after that you adjust and don't feel it too bad.

Supposedly, a swimmer wearing a pfd can survive in 40-degree water for one hour+ ...... a whistle could be a help?

XCR-700 10-10-2020 09:52 AM

Heading up shortly for a short ride, maybe lunch, to pack up some of the stuff from the boat and call it a season,,,

It was a great summer from a weather perspective, just wish I was able to make more use of it.

Another great year with the folks at PBM, they are all I could hope for an more!

Honestly even with the pandemic working on peoples nerves, our time at the lake has all been really outstanding. Everyone I have personally spoken with has been as pleasant and helpful as any time I can remember.

Certainly it has been an odd year with way more bad than good (for us), but our time at Winnipesaukee was honestly our only really enjoyable part of the year and it was perfect.

Many Thanks to all our fellow boaters and all the people around the lake who helped make it so enjoyable to visit Winnipesaukee!

jeffk 10-10-2020 10:35 AM

Just emptied the boat out.

It will be winterized and shrink wrapped in the next week or so.

GaryWT 10-13-2020 06:08 PM

After a beautiful ride on Saturday I told the marina I was done so they will take care of everything and I will she her in May.

steve-on-mark 12-11-2020 06:54 AM

This Sunday![emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app