Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Support Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Tapatalk Smartphone APP for Forum Access (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10814)

webmaster 09-06-2010 05:03 PM

Tapatalk Smartphone APP for Forum Access

This forum can now be accessed with smartphones like the iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia using a free APP called Tapatalk that you can download below. Using the APP the forum will be displayed in a new mobile friendly format that makes browsing forum threads and messages easy. If you log in new posts, markings and PMs are also displayed.

Some of the free APPs are Read-Only but there are also paid versions that allow posting and messaging.

After you download and run the APP just search for "winni" and the Winnipesaukee Forum will pop up. Select it and log in.

You can still view the forum in your phone's browser but you'll now be offered information about the using the new APP.

Tapatalk for iPhone

Tapatalk for Android

Tapatalk for BlackBerry

Tapatalk for Nokia

http://www.tapatalk.com/resources/images/iPhone7.pnghttp://www.tapatalk.com/resources/images/iPhone9.pnghttp://www.tapatalk.com/resources/images/iPhone10.png

Argie's Wife 09-06-2010 05:37 PM

If it's for iPhone, how about for iPad and iPod Touch?

webmaster 09-06-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argie's Wife (Post 139412)
If it's for iPhone, how about for iPad and iPod Touch?

At this point it appears to be just for Smartphones. You can get more information on their services at the Tapatalk site.

BroadHopper 09-07-2010 07:56 AM

Wm6

I have Windows Mobile 6.1. The app does not work. Even with the Opera browser.

Island Girl 09-07-2010 08:58 AM

It works on my HTC Incredible, an Android phone. I just installed it.

IG

webmaster 09-07-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 139441)
I have Windows Mobile 6.1. The app does not work. Even with the Opera browser.

I don't see anywhere on the Tapatalk site that your OS is supported.

I should make it clear that this is not my APP. I only install a plugin that let's Tapatalk work. It is a new APP and has a few shortcomings that will probably be addressed in future updates. If you have any questions or complaints you should use the Tapatalk site and Support Forum to get more information or to report problems. I can not provide support for it.

Ryan 09-07-2010 10:31 AM

Seems to be working fine on my blackberry storm 2. Posting from my phone....

winnisummergal 09-07-2010 10:53 AM

Droid

Works great on my Droid.:)

hazelnut 09-07-2010 02:08 PM

Wow so cool. I've got it up and running on my IPhone. It's. $2.99 but worth it. I was always using the web browser. This is way easier! Thanks Don!

HN

Lakegeezer 09-08-2010 06:18 AM

Free vs pay?

The free version works great (Motorola Droid 1). What do you get by paying for the upgrade?

webmaster 09-08-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakegeezer (Post 139508)
What do you get by paying for the upgrade?

On the iPhone you get the ability to post and PM. The free version is read-only. I think that's the case with other phones but I've only tried the iPhone version.

Skip 09-08-2010 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webmaster (Post 139510)
On the iPhone you get the ability to post and PM. The free version is read-only. I think that's the case with other phones but I've only tried the iPhone version.

Same with my Verizon Droid. I can read OK (and really like the format) but if I try to post it continually takes me to the Marketplace to buy the $2.99 Pro version.

Will probably do so later today as it appears to be a very neat ap!

donnamatrix 09-08-2010 02:07 PM

Yikes

I have the old, regular cellphone, it has a camera, and voice activation, but that's about it. All this new technology is for folks with "APPSburger" syndrome.

Argie's Wife 09-08-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnamatrix (Post 139552)
I have the old, regular cellphone, it has a camera, and voice activation, but that's about it. All this new technology is for folks with "APPSburger" syndrome.

Hahahahahahahhaha! Love it. And that would be me - I'm most certainly an Appsbie.

NoBozo 09-08-2010 07:18 PM

I STILL DO NOT have a Cell Phone. (Been thinking about it ...for emergencies..getting old..etc.) BUT...I went to a Verizon store a couple of weeks ago and the guy showed me how a Droid Smart Phone works. Un Freakin Believable. (Being an old fart.. I don't get exited very often..:liplick:)

It's not complicated: With a "Smart Phone" you can access WINNI.Com. just like on your home computer. The screen is not as big.....but...It's portable.. you can take it with you. ...even during a Senior Outing. :)

Oh Wait: Most of you youngsters already know this stuff.......SO this post is for the Old Farts who might still want to "keep in touch". You Know...the Grand Children and all that................AND THE INTERNET....Maybe even the Drudge Report. :D :D NB

Pineedles 09-08-2010 07:30 PM

NoBozo in the 21st Century

Oh you are not that old. Get whatever is the cheapest phone at the lowest per month rate and start there. We all had to start somewhere.:laugh:

NoBozo 09-08-2010 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pineedles (Post 139567)
Oh you are not that old. :

In 31 years I'll be 100. :D :D NB

townsde 09-09-2010 12:50 PM

I tried the app on my iPad and although it works fine I dont rate it very highly. IF they made this for the iPad then I might like it a lot. Untill then, I will continue to use Safari browser on the iPad to access the forum.

brk-lnt 09-09-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by townsde (Post 139610)
I tried the app on my iPad and although it works fine I dont rate it very highly. IF they made this for the iPad then I might like it a lot. Untill then, I will continue to use Safari browser on the iPad to access the forum.

I've found the iPads browser and screen size to be more than sufficient for most web-based stuff. I wouldn't want to download and run a separate app just to access a forum anyway.

Red apple 10-17-2011 07:15 PM

Works just ok. Can't get to classified ads and a few other parts of the forum.

webmaster 10-18-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red apple (Post 170607)
Works just ok. Can't get to classified ads and a few other parts of the forum.

Tapatalk and other Forum readers are only designed to read forums. You can't access the Classified or other parts of this site.

To access the entire site you'll have to use your web browser, at least for now.

Bumble2249 07-01-2015 09:39 PM

Hey there! For some reason I cannot thank anyone's posts?? Any thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthesaukee 07-02-2015 07:02 AM

On my tablet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumble2249 (Post 247780)
Hey there! For some reason I cannot thank anyone's posts?? Any thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just have to highlight the post I want to thank (by tapping it) and the thanks button shows up (as a thumbs up) at the top.

Have you done more than 5 thanks in the past day? I think we are limited as to the number of thanks we can do.;)