Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Questions? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28678)

WJT2 04-03-2023 10:12 AM

Questions?

When will the Weirs Cam get an upgrade? It has been stuck on a view from June 2022. Also can someone tell me or instruct me as to how I can change any posts so they come up as newest first and go back in time as you scroll down the page. I always get oldest post first and scroll down to the end to get the latest. Can this be reversed?? Thanking all for your help.:)

Phantom 04-03-2023 10:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
To help answer your second question. -- although you cannot organize the post from most recent (top) to older (scroll down) as you might with Outlook mail --If you are not aware, you can Quickly "jump" to the oldest UNREAD post and then scroll down through any subsequent posts made after that. You simply open the thread using the below blue down arrow.

It is also helpful if you go into "Quick Links" on the blue menu tab (under your name - upper right side) and "mark forums read" at the end of each session on the site.

Descant 04-03-2023 12:26 PM

Last post only

On the contents page, as you look at a particular thread title, slide over to the far right of that block. It shows the name and date of the very last post in that thread. Tap the arrow under the time and see (jump to) the last post. You can scroll up from there for earlier posts.

tis 04-03-2023 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Descant (Post 382381)
On the contents page, as you look at a particular thread title, slide over to the far right of that block. It shows the name and date of the very last post in that thread. Tap the arrow under the time and see (jump to) the last post. You can scroll up from there for earlier posts.

I think your are saying you do it the way I do. I hit "New Posts" then when they all come up I hit "latest (or last) post to the right of the person's name who posted. So I read the oldest post first and then scroll up until I reach the point where I am caught up.

ApS 04-03-2023 06:03 PM

Newest First...

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJT2 (Post 382379)
When will the Weirs Cam get an upgrade? It has been stuck on a view from June 2022. Also can someone tell me or instruct me as to how I can change any posts so they come up as newest first and go back in time as you scroll down the page. I always get oldest post first and scroll down to the end to get the latest. Can this be reversed?? Thanking all for your help.:)

Yes!

But forgot how I did it. :confused:

granitebox 04-03-2023 06:49 PM

Had to try to remember but to display the newest posts first:

User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Mode choose Linear - Newest First

Best