Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Doors (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22853)

Waukewan President 12-12-2017 09:52 AM

Doors

I need roughly 10 new interior doors and 3 exterior doors installed. Please provide recommendations.

Major 12-12-2017 10:12 AM

Dave Gammon

Highly recommend Dave Gammon. Dave can be reached at 528-1089.

BroadHopper 12-12-2017 10:19 AM

Dave Gammon

Highly recommend Dave Gammon as well.

lagoon 12-12-2017 01:04 PM

Mark Batcheldor is a great craftsman. He and his father have worked on our cottage for the past 45 years. 603-293-7615. Tell him Bill sent you.

djwade4 12-14-2017 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waukewan President (Post 288639)
I need roughly 10 new interior doors and 3 exterior doors installed. Please provide recommendations.

Hi I’m Doug Wade. I own Bluebird Construction. I would be happy to give you a free quote. Call me at (603) 770-3677. If you bought your doors at Lowes or Home Depot I will have to pass. They never come straight. It’s the way they are shipped. If you have not bought them I can get you to a place they make them and a great product for a very reasonable price. Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

fatlazyless 12-16-2017 06:42 AM

www.vermontsalvage.com in White River Junction, Vermont which is just across the river from New Hampshire. It's in a big old factory mill building that's loaded with lots and lots of salvage items. A good place to go load up the truck.

Vermont Salvage says they do consignment sales where you get 60%, so how about that? They say they are looking for "furniture, appliances, garden items, cabinets, book cases, tables and chairs, lighting, and unusual items." They say "We offer pickup and delivery" and will repair minor damages.

Closer to the lake here, there's www.spearsbrothers.com in Belmont, NH ..... click on merchandise. Last September 2016, Spears demolished the 100-year old laker mcmansion at 88 Cattle Landing Rd, Meredith that had been totally, totally, totally renovated in 1997 by Dmitri Khristich, when he was playing right wing for the Boston Bruins so could be some of that good stuff still there.

Woody38 12-16-2017 02:09 PM

House parts/ doors

Here is another salvage warehouse in Kennebunk, ME.
https://www.oldhouseparts.com/

I am a retired workaholic and continuing aquaholic.

Biggd 12-17-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 288787)
www.vermontsalvage.com in White River Junction, Vermont which is just across the river from New Hampshire. It's in a big old factory mill building that's loaded with lots and lots of salvage items. A good place to go load up the truck.

Vermont Salvage says they do consignment sales where you get 60%, so how about that? They say they are looking for "furniture, appliances, garden items, cabinets, book cases, tables and chairs, lighting, and unusual items." They say "We offer pickup and delivery" and will repair minor damages.

Closer to the lake here, there's www.spearsbrothers.com in Belmont, NH ..... click on merchandise. Last September 2016, Spears demolished the 100-year old laker mcmansion at 88 Cattle Landing Rd, Meredith that had been totally, totally, totally renovated in 1997 by Dmitri Khristich, when he was playing right wing for the Boston Bruins so could be some of that good stuff still there.

I didn't see any mention of looking for salvage materials in the OP's post? He asked for recommendations on installing NEW doors.

djwade4 12-17-2017 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waukewan President (Post 288639)

Highly recommend Doug Wade 770-3677

Doobs41378 12-17-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djwade4 (Post 288832)
Highly recommend Doug Wade 770-3677

Lol says Doug Wade

Biggd 12-17-2017 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doobs41378 (Post 288834)
Lol says Doug Wade

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hillcountry 12-18-2017 10:57 AM

The guy wants to work! Kudos to him! :D

fatlazyless 12-18-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 288828)
I didn't see any mention of looking for salvage materials in the OP's post? He asked for recommendations on installing NEW doors.

....oh yes.....my bad.....sorry about that.....must have read it too fast?

Meredith Resident 01-15-2018 02:55 PM

$139 to install a pre-hung interior door

Lowes came by (or their contractor I should say) and offered to install each interior pre-hung door for $139 each. Does that sound like a good deal?

Outdoorsman 01-15-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meredith Resident (Post 289985)
Lowes came by (or their contractor I should say) and offered to install each interior pre-hung door for $139 each. Does that sound like a good deal?

So, obviously "Lowes" did not come by and make that offer... Are you saying the delivery people from Lowes offered to do the install for $139 ... or did other people come by and make that offer?

Meredith Resident 01-15-2018 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outdoorsman (Post 289991)
So, obviously "Lowes" did not come by and make that offer... Are you saying the delivery people from Lowes offered to do the install for $139 ... or did other people come by and make that offer?

not the delivery people a local subcontractor

upthesaukee 01-16-2018 08:36 AM

Quote:

I worked for a short time for Lowes. Each store has a list of subcontractors to do installations; flooring, windows, doors, cabinets, etc. . They will come out to view the installation area(s) , or they did a few years back when I worked for them. They would make sure that the customer had purchased what was needed for the installation and that it can be done like the customer wants.
I worked out of the Rochester store and the installing crews received favorable comments.

I assume that the$139 includes removal of old door, hanging the new, and doing the trim out. For someone like me that does know what end of a screwdriver to use, not bad.

Dave

Sent from my SM-T580 using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

ishoot308 01-16-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Considering today's required labor cost to stay in business, I would say that is a fair price.

Dan