Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Winter Sports (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   any ski discount deals out there? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22926)

mishman 01-10-2018 07:20 PM

any ski discount deals out there?

Wondering if there are any ski discount deals at NH mountains that you can pass along to me? I will be skiing in March in NH and wanted to try out different mtns within easy driving distant of the lakes with a particular interest in Cannon, Waterville Valley, Loon and Attitash. Any info on deals would be greatly appreciated.

BroadHopper 01-11-2018 08:17 AM

SKINH.com

is a great place to start to find discounts. Go to the resorts websites for more deals. Often times the Conway Chamber of Commerce have ski and stay deals.

When skiing Gunstock find a season pass holder. You may be able to get a half price ticket. Many ski areas have a half price buddy ticket for pass holders.

Skiing been awesome this year. Enjoy!

kawishiwi 01-11-2018 12:11 PM

google

Google is your friend.

Garcia 01-11-2018 12:51 PM

Www.liftopia.com can have good deals, especially if you plan ahead and are flexible.

SIKSUKR 01-11-2018 01:00 PM

Cannon every week deals are 2fer $77 Tues and Thurs.$25 Wednesday for NH resident.Great price for a big mt.

Greene's Basin Girl 01-12-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 289839)
Cannon every week deals are 2fer $77 Tues and Thurs.$25 Wednesday for NH resident.Great price for a big mt.

If you know any NH residents age 65 and older they can ski free Monday thru Friday.

The Eagle 01-13-2018 08:02 AM

Free Lift tickets for Military & Vets

Attitash has it's "Military Salute" weekend January 27th-28th, 2018. All Military and Veterans (with ID) get free lift tickets, ands families get 50% off. Saturday has the "Parade of Flags", ski down the mountain and Sunday has races between the "Branches". (Army, USMC, Navy, CG, and Air Force.) GREAT time skiing every year!
The Eagle

mishman 01-13-2018 08:13 AM

Really, free skiing for over 65 crowd?

I have done some more research and see some NH areas give significant breaks but I haven't turned up ski areas that give free skiing to NH resident age 65 or above. Can you provide additional info?

Jeanzb1 01-13-2018 02:49 PM

Gunstock offers $25 for a lifetime pass to anyone over 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Slickcraft 01-13-2018 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishman (Post 289921)
I have done some more research and see some NH areas give significant breaks but I haven't turned up ski areas that give free skiing to NH resident age 65 or above. Can you provide additional info?

Cannon NH resident over 65 M-F free; as has been mentioned many times here.
http://www.cannonmt.com/lift-tickets.html

NH.Solar 01-13-2018 07:09 PM

If you have never been to Wildcat before, you might want to add it to your list, especially since you'll be skiing in March, The view across Pinkham Notch into Tuckermans Ravine on a spring day is absolutely world class ...and the terrain is almost as good as Cannon's ;)

Slickcraft 01-13-2018 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NH.Solar (Post 289947)
If you have never been to Wildcat before, you might want to add it to your list, especially since you'll be skiing in March, The view across Pinkham Notch into Tuckermans Ravine on a spring day is absolutely world class ...and the terrain is almost as good as Cannon's ;)

Agree the view from Wildcat is the best in NH. And I think that the terrain is better than Cannon in the sense of a wider choice.

fatlazyless 01-14-2018 07:00 AM

... $30/vehicle/year...most cars can hold 4-5 people

If you want to try cross country skiing, here's a super steal of a deal coming from the U. S. Forest Service. For $5/vehicle/day cash in the steel box, or 30-dollars/vehicle/year you get a windshield parking sticker good for one year to park at all the many different multiple use trails and hiking trails in the White Mountain National Forest; hiking, xc skiing, bicycling, but no motorized vehicles ($250-first time fine).

In the north end of Waterville Valley, you park at the WMNF Depot Camp parking lot and there's 7-miles of muiti use trails which become cross country ski trails in the winter, tracked by skier use and sometimes by the WV grooming machines.

These are situated immediately next to the 70-kilometers of groomed and tracked WV xc trails which cost about 21-dollars/day/person.

The xc trails in the rolling woods are located at the bottom of the downhill ski area, and due to the big winds, there are many days when the main ski www.waterville.com/cams/ 4-seater chairlift at Waterville Valley is closed due to wind. Waterville Valley is also sometimes called 'Windyville Valley.' So, when it's too windy for downhill skiing, and the lift is closed, the cross country trails in the forest are a lot more protected from the wind
and something to do as a second choice.

$87: WV downhill, weekends and holiday chairlift price verses $5/vehicle/day for 7-miles xc trails which give you a good view of the Windyville Valley.

SIKSUKR 01-16-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greene's Basin Girl (Post 289912)
If you know any NH residents age 65 and older they can ski free Monday thru Friday.

Correct. Totally free weekdays and if you want a season pass so you dont have to go to the ticket window every time just $39. Cant find a better deal than that anywhere.

fatlazyless 01-16-2018 04:38 PM

NH age-65: Ski Cannon Free till You Die!

NH age-65: Ski Cannon Free till You Die!:banana:

ooopsie....looks like I said that twice?

Say....they should put that on the license plates, ... or maybe just make it a bumper sticker!

Google this: 'Mayor' of Cannon Mountain: At the lift for more than 30 years, Conway Daily Sun, January 10, 2018, by Marty Basch

And another thing, Cannon has real, natural wood logs burning in their main lodge fireplace, as opposed to the propane, fake logs like at Waterville Valley!

$87 for a Waterville Valley lift ticket, and what do you get .... fake logs?

SIKSUKR 01-18-2018 11:01 AM

That would be my friend Allan Girard. He's been in that lift shack for a loooong time. But I have him beat at Cannon by 15 years. Call me the governor. :laugh:

BroadHopper 01-23-2018 07:40 AM

NH Day at Sunday River

http://links.boyne.mkt7509.com/servl...OQS2&mt=1&rt=0

fatlazyless 01-03-2019 06:45 AM

Gunstock Mountain - Sunday, January 6

Events: free Flex Pass for Belknap County residents

Belknap County Day - Sunday, January 6, 2019: Gunstock Mountain

"We love our locals! Bring proof of Belknap County residency, (like a property tax bill ... :rolleye2:), to the mountain and receive a $29 Flex Pass good for the rest of the season with no blackout dates, and a complimentary single Mountain Coaster ride!"

www.gunstock.com

BroadHopper 01-03-2019 11:09 AM

Cranmore Mtn. Rollback

Tomorrow Cranmore will rollback lift tickets to $10! All ages, all day!