Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Anyone know a skunk remover? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16127)

Lakesrider 07-15-2013 10:13 AM

Anyone know a skunk remover?

I got a skunk living under a deck here at work in Wolfeboro. need it gone before someone gets sprayed at night while sitting out there....
Tried Modern Pest but they don't do skunks....

winniplayhouse 07-15-2013 10:26 AM

Alpha Omega Wildlife Control

(603) 630-2598

Took care of a skunk for us. He is in Meredith though, not sure if he goes over to Wolfeboro but worth a call.

Charlie T 07-15-2013 11:02 AM

JP Pest

Call JP Pest, they have some really knowlegible people working for them, I use them and I’m very happy with their service and support. 603-673-2908

Good Luck

CT

GTO 07-16-2013 08:17 PM

Very simple

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakesrider (Post 207956)
I got a skunk living under a deck here at work in Wolfeboro. need it gone before someone gets sprayed at night while sitting out there....
Tried Modern Pest but they don't do skunks....

Get a have a heart trap and put dry cat food in it. I had a family of five living under my shed and was able to relocate them all. They can't spray because they can't lift their tail in the trap but to be safe I always snuck up on the trap and threw a towel over it. Also to be safe, place the trap in the back of a pickup truck when relocating. Even letting them go was simple. I just lifted the door, ran away, and the skunks just wandered out

fatlazyless 07-16-2013 11:00 PM

...this has worked for me.....soak a big piece of an old cotton towel in gasoline, and then use a long pole to place the gas soaked rag down under the structure where the skunk was seen such as under a firewood storage rack, and the gasoline smell will drive the skunks away because they cannot stand the smell of gasoline. The gasoline smell lasts for a long time too, like maybe for two weeks, plus the skunks probably have a good sense of smell.....seems like a smooth move.....how to out-stink a skunk ....... with the smell of gasoline.

Slickcraft 07-17-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 208082)
Get a have a heart trap and put dry cat food in it. I had a family of five living under my shed and was able to relocate them all. They can't spray because they can't lift their tail in the trap but to be safe I always snuck up on the trap and threw a towel over it. Also to be safe, place the trap in the back of a pickup truck when relocating. Even letting them go was simple. I just lifted the door, ran away, and the skunks just wandered out

A friend of ours relocated several this way with no spray issues, it really does work. They did toss an old blanket over the trap prior to transport. Their only mistake at first was not driving far enough prior to release; they believe some came back until they took a much longer drive.

Dock and Barge 07-17-2013 07:08 AM

Call Trell he works at Goodhue and Hawkins. He will remove it for free 651-8515.

Lakesrider 07-17-2013 08:51 AM

Thanks.....Good info. I can't use gasoline as people sit on the deck all day/night long.....I did spray hornet spray under there. A whole can. It is very oily/smelly and I figure the skunk would not like the oiliness of it. The people told me they did not see it last night. maybe it worked.

flatlander02138 07-18-2013 03:08 PM

moth balls

Drop a couple moth balls under.there and.they will move away.

fatlazyless 07-18-2013 07:58 PM

....if using gasoline is a no-go....then using fox urine.... which is expensive and available at Ship's Gun Shop in Bristol .... is a good Plan B.

Lakesrider 07-23-2013 09:48 AM

LOL...I told everyone to go and pee off the edge of the deck instead of using the rest room.....:laugh:

AC2717 07-23-2013 10:07 AM

Yes it does work
have experience here in my own yard at my primary

Shreddy 07-24-2013 07:31 AM

Call the Moultonboro Police Department...they'll send out one of their seasoned officers to handle the situation by attempting to shoot it at point blank range while missing and spraying your car with rocks from the bullets.

I'm not kidding, a couple years ago a friend in Suissevale had a skunk that wouldn't move from their yard. A female officer showed up and unloaded almost a full magazine on the thing continuously missing and shooting the ground. As neighbors came out to see what was going on, she ordered everyone back into their homes immediately. Honestly, one of the more comical events to happen.

Dock and Barge 07-24-2013 02:31 PM

Skunk

Call Trell at 603-651-8515. He pulled a 40 pount raccoon out of our boat a few years ago with a snare. He has a way wildlife that you don't see very much anymore.

SAB1 07-30-2013 02:00 PM

Havahart trap. When you catch it fill a trash can full of water and drop the the trap in.

Happy Gourmand 07-30-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 209195)
Havahart trap. When you catch it fill a trash can full of water and drop the the trap in.

That's downright cruel.

ITD 07-30-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAB1 (Post 209195)

You should rename that to the catch it live and drown it trap....:eek:

Lakesrider 07-30-2013 07:43 PM

Well we never did anything with it. It was still there and people were having fun watching it waddle across the deck and try to squeeze through the balusters.... So far no spraying and I have not heard about it in a few days so maybe it left from all the noise on the deck at night.:confused: If someone gets sprayed I'm sure I'll hear about it....and get blamed too.....:rolleye1:

SAB1 07-30-2013 08:15 PM

The remedy I suggested actually came from Mass Fish and Wildlife. My buddy had 3 skunks living under his deck. He successfully trapped them in havaheart traps and relocated them down the road. Two days later they were back. I told him to call fish and game and see what they say. He followed their advice. Problem solved.

SAB1 08-01-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 209238)
If he located them "down the road" then he is not too bright. I doubt very much F&G would tell him to drown the skunks.

You're wrong. So you think I'm liar? Nice guy you are.

fpartri497 08-01-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatlazyless (Post 208093)
...this has worked for me.....soak a big piece of an old cotton towel in gasoline, and then use a long pole to place the gas soaked rag down under the structure where the skunk was seen such as under a firewood storage rack, and the gasoline smell will drive the skunks away because they cannot stand the smell of gasoline. The gasoline smell lasts for a long time too, like maybe for two weeks, plus the skunks probably have a good sense of smell.....seems like a smooth move.....how to out-stink a skunk ....... with the smell of gasoline.

and possibly burn the house down

:eek: