Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Covid-19 Discussions & Information (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   NH Mask Mandates (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26931)

ApS 04-20-2021 05:28 AM

SUB-Microscopic...

I wear a mask to signal others to keep their distance. :look:

This virus is SUB-microscopic: which means the mask is more comparatively porus to this virus than a chain link fence! (And you can't see it, even with a conventional microscope).

Whether or not you're a carrier, a wet sneeze into your mask should tell you volumes.

thinkxingu 04-20-2021 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApS (Post 353945)
I wear a mask to signal others to keep their distance. :look:

This virus is SUB-microscopic: which means the mask is more comparatively porus to this virus than a chain link fence! (And you can't see it, even with a conventional microscope).

Whether or not you're a carrier, a wet sneeze into your mask should tell you volumes.

The size of the particles vs. mask has been addressed for months and is included in the article I posted above, along with numerous experiments in various settings. In short: the virus particles require aerosols to spread. Aerosols get caught up/minimized by masks, some masks doing a better job than others but all having some impact. Added to physical distancing, increased air filtration, and limited human saturation, masks reduce the spread of Covid.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 04-20-2021 06:24 AM

As someone else said, anyone can find studies and artilcles to support which side of the fence you're on. I think the biggest difference is some people care about the greater good and others are only concerned about themselves and what they feel is being taken away from them.

Seaplane Pilot 04-20-2021 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 353948)
As someone else said, anyone can find studies and artilcles to support which side of the fence you're on. I think the biggest difference is some people care about the greater good and others are only concerned about themselves and what they feel is being taken away from them.

I think the biggest difference is as follows:

Pro-maskers: Always pushing their positions and agendas on everyone, including those that have different beliefs about mask wearing. It’s clear that the “Karens” of society are pro-maskers, and are the ones getting in other people’s faces when they are not wearing a mask. How many reports have you heard about anti-maskers screaming at people for wearing masks? That’s right, zero is the answer.

Anti-maskers: This group has no problem with the pro-maskers wearing masks wherever and whenever they want. What they do have a problem with is the pro-maskers getting in their faces about mask wearing, all under the guise of “love thy neighbor” and compliance for “the greater good”. If the pro-maskers believe that the masks actually work, that’s great. Keep wearing them, but for God’s sake, please leave the rest of us alone. We don’t get in your face, so stay the hell out of our faces. The guilt angle about mask wearing will never work.

thinkxingu 04-20-2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot (Post 353952)

Pro-maskers: Always pushing their positions and agendas on everyone, including those that have different beliefs about mask wearing. It’s clear that the “Karens” of society are pro-maskers, and are the ones getting in other people’s faces when they are not wearing a mask. How many reports have you heard about anti-maskers screaming at people for wearing masks? That’s right, zero is the answer.

Anti-maskers: This group has no problem with the pro-maskers wearing masks wherever and whenever they want. What they do have a problem with is the pro-maskers getting in their faces about mask wearing, all under the guise of “love thy neighbor” and compliance for “the greater good”. If the pro-maskers believe that the masks actually work, that’s great. Keep wearing them, but for God’s sake, please leave the rest of us alone. We don’t get in your face, so stay the hell out of our faces. The guilt angle about mask wearing will never work.

Pro-maskers follow science and accept that a little bit of give creates a better whole for everyone.

Anti-maskers scoff at science and embrace conspiracy theory in the name of justifying whatever it is they want at the moment.

I wear a mask in public because I accept that my freedom doesn't have the right to infringe on others'.

I also believe, however, that businesses, and other private institutions, should be able to choose how they approach masks (or ANY behavior) in terms of what's best for their businesses and customers.

I equate Covid to smoking. You have a right to smoke, but your smoking should not affect my freedom to breathe fresh air. And, when people are in public, the good of the whole supercedes the wishes of the one.

Garcia 04-20-2021 08:16 AM

Quote:

Couldn't disagree more. There is such a lack of tolerance, respect, dialogue, and an unwillingness to listen on both sides of this issue (and so many similar ones) that there is plenty of opportunity to spread the blame around nice and equally. Neither side can claim the high ground of tolerance. instead, both are working hard to sink as low as possible.

DEJ 04-20-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Best post in this entire thread IMO. The post that followed it is a perfect example of what you said.

MotorHead 04-20-2021 09:50 AM

What is the thought (if any) process of Anti-maskers?

I don't give a s**t if everyone dies because of my stupidity as long as I look good? It is all fake news because orange buffoon said so.

I don’t get it.

joey2665 04-20-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 353965)

I don't give a s**t if everyone dies because of my stupidity as long as I look good? It is all fake news because orange buffoon said so.

I don’t get it.

Simple if you are worried your mask protects you as does your vaccination. If I don’t wear a mask it’s my choice my risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

DEJ 04-20-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 353965)

I don’t get it.

No need to bring politics into this. The anti-maskers have their opinion, the maskers have their opinion. Just leave it at that because all this childish banter is not going to change anyone's mind.

MotorHead 04-20-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joey2665 (Post 353969)
Simple if you are worried your mask protects you as does your vaccination. If I don’t wear a mask it’s my choice my risk.

That is the problem.
By not wearing your mask, you are jeopardising my life and increasing my chances of catching the virus.

FlyingScot 04-20-2021 10:54 AM

Quote:

Pro-maskers are continually pushing science and public health.

Anti-maskers are the same people who were covid-deniers a year ago. Now that the data is overwhelming that they were wrong, they have switched to personal attacks. (like "Karen")

Please go back, read your old posts and your compatriots' old posts. Then let us know why you have any credibility at all on covid today

MotorHead 04-20-2021 11:20 AM

https://www.nme.com/news/music/ted-n...ndemic-2924035

I feel soooooooo sad for Ted :(

DEJ 04-20-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 353972)

Anti-maskers are the same people who were covid-deniers a year ago. Now that the data is overwhelming that they were wrong, they have switched to personal attacks. (like "Karen")

Please go back, read your old posts and your compatriots' old posts. Then let us know why you have any credibility at all on covid today

That's your opinion flyingscot. Obviously the anti maskers do not share your opinion. Why is it so important that you and others try to beat them into submission for believing what they do? Is it an ego thing? I just do not get it.

joey2665 04-20-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 353971)
That is the problem.
By not wearing your mask, you are jeopardising my life and increasing my chances of catching the virus.

The only way I am jeopardizing you if if you believe the masks and vaccine dont work. It you are worried then protect yourself that is your responsibility, my not wearing a mask has NO affect on you just me if I want to take that risk.

Seaplane Pilot 04-20-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 353972)

Yup, as usual, you’re right and everyone else is wrong. :rolleye1:

WinnisquamZ 04-20-2021 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 16916

MotorHead 04-20-2021 11:43 AM

I will discuss the benefits of wearing a mask with you once you show me a copy of your degree in epidemiology. Until then, you are just a waste of my time.

jbolty 04-20-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 353978)
I will discuss the benefits of wearing a mask with you once you show me a copy of your degree in epidemiology. Until then, you are just a waste of my time.

I guess I missed where you posted your degree...

joey2665 04-20-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 353978)

As you are wasting mine. My mask wearing has NO benefit to you if you are wearing yours (according to your science) unless again you do not believe your science. FYI I would love to see your epidermist certificate

MotorHead 04-20-2021 12:00 PM

Sorry, I take that back.

I found a copy of your diploma.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....rJV7L._AC_.jpg

jbolty 04-20-2021 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
so it's meme war now?

FlyingScot 04-20-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEJ (Post 353974)
That's your opinion flyingscot. Obviously the anti maskers do not share your opinion. Why is it so important that you and others try to beat them into submission for believing what they do? Is it an ego thing? I just do not get it.

Since you asked--I worry that you and other covid deniers have been inundated with misinformation on the internet, and are now pushing that same misinformation here. I feel compelled to call out the misinformation

Bear Islander 04-20-2021 12:48 PM

When I see people not wearing a mask I wonder... Do they not have a doctor? Do they ignore their doctor?

During a recent check up I asked my doctor what I should do about Covid. His answer "wear a mask, social distance, wash hands and get vaccinated asap."

If anybody answers that their doctor told them the opposite, quite frankly, I don't believe you.

jbolty 04-20-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 353985)
Since you asked--I worry that you and other covid deniers have been inundated with misinformation on the internet, and are now pushing that same misinformation here. I feel compelled to call out the misinformation

Because only you have been given the revealed truth and all the rest of us are too stupid to see your infinate wisdom. Or something.

Don't know how we have been able to stumble through life without your guidance.

thinkxingu 04-20-2021 01:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hahahaha!

Attachment 16918

joey2665 04-20-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 353981)
Sorry, I take that back.

I found a copy of your diploma.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....rJV7L._AC_.jpg

My opinion certainly has nothing to do with who is or was the president. I am intelligent enough to do my own research and form my own opinions without the help of the media or politicians. Unlike yourself.

trfour 04-20-2021 02:21 PM

Covid infections are far from Over!!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...?ocid=msedgntp

DEJ 04-20-2021 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 353985)

Please show me where I once stated my opinion on this subject in this thread or for that matter I am a covid denier? Since you will not be able to you are assuming something on my behalf. You know what the first three letters of assume refer to? I rest my case. It will be interesting to watch how you twist this to support your agenda. :)

gravy boat 04-20-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorHead (Post 353971)
That is the problem.

Not if he/she follows the rules and stays at least 6 feet away from people. After all, that is what the government has told us will work, right? If you can't stay 6 feet apart then wear a mask. So we've been told for over a year.

But the question we should be asking is do the vaccines actually WORK?
If vaccinated then you SHOULD be protected against getting the virus (maybe not 100%, but a high percentage of protection)...and you don't "shed" or "spread" if you don't have the virus.

But if we are told by the "experts" who are pushing the vaccines that we should continue to do exactly as we have been for the last year even after being vaccinated (mask up, social distance, etc.), then someone is selling us a bill of goods...or they fear not being reelected.

It works or it doesn't. And I have a hard time believing that the experts we have all been listening to don't know by now. They are, after all, the "experts."

Biggd 04-20-2021 03:43 PM

This thread is getting a little out of control. Lifting of the mask mandate is really for outdoors which is fine because it's easier to keep your distance from people
Most indoor businesses will still require you to wear a mask. If you can't abide by those rules then don't go in. The cost of closing for 2 weeks if an employee gets Covid or comes in contact, far out weighs the cost of losing a few customers that refuse to wear masks.

jbolty 04-20-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gravy boat (Post 353995)
Not if he/she follows the rules and stays at least 6 feet away from people. After all, that is what the government has told us will work, right? If you can't stay 6 feet apart then wear a mask. So we've been told for over a year.

But the question we should be asking is do the vaccines actually WORK?
If vaccinated then you SHOULD be protected against getting the virus (maybe not 100%, but a high percentage of protection)...and you don't "shed" or "spread" if you don't have the virus.

But if we are told by the "experts" who are pushing the vaccines that we should continue to do exactly as we have been for the last year even after being vaccinated (mask up, social distance, etc.), then someone is selling us a bill of goods...or they fear not being reelected.

It works or it doesn't. And I have a hard time believing that the experts we have all been listening to don't know by now. They are, after all, the "experts."

It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.

--Thomas Sowell

Pricestavern 04-20-2021 04:05 PM

The Whole world

So...the whole world has been duped into wearing masks? The governments of the world and their peoples have been duped by a massive fraud of an unprecedented scale? Masks don't work. Yet you are required to wear them in many countries around the world. And when I say 'required' I mean you are fined heavily for not wearing one. Seems a tad aggressive for something that has 'no basis in science' and has been 'proven' not to work or be 'worth it'. But I guess if Tucker says it, than it must be so.

gravy boat 04-20-2021 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pricestavern (Post 354000)
So...the whole world has been duped into wearing masks? The governments of the world and their peoples have been duped by a massive fraud of an unprecedented scale? Masks don't work. Yet you are required to wear them in many countries around the world. And when I say 'required' I mean you are fined heavily for not wearing one. Seems a tad aggressive for something that has 'no basis in science' and has been 'proven' not to work or be 'worth it'. But I guess if Tucker says it, than it must be so.

Tucker who?

Oh, that's right -- I have a different viewpoint on this subject so I must be, well -- governed by a media personality and ignorant in general.

Aren't you the least bit skeptical?

And for the record, I don't watch Tucker or any other "news" channels in the evenings. No network, either. Usually I am watching something on BritBox or AmazonPrime by 7 pm.

FlyingScot 04-20-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEJ (Post 353994)
Please show me where I once stated my opinion on this subject in this thread or for that matter I am a covid denier? Since you will not be able to you are assuming something on my behalf. You know what the first three letters of assume refer to? I rest my case. It will be interesting to watch how you twist this to support your agenda. :)

On this thread, I was referring to jbolty. You jumping in on jbolty's behalf led me to think you support his positions.

His misinformation was that there was not a hint of scientific evidence that supports masks, and he persisted in this even after being shown by Think much more than a hint. He then went on to assert that articles published in a leading medical journal are no more valid than any other opinion. This fundamental denial of science is both sad and dangerous

DEJ 04-20-2021 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 354003)
On this thread, I was referring to jbolty. You jumping in on jbolty's behalf led me to think you support his positions.

You thought wrong.

TKD 04-20-2021 08:13 PM

Being new to this forum and getting attacked on my very first post on this topic makes me wonder what you folks do all day? Relax. Life is good. Wow! This is like being with my radicalized liberal college aged nieces over the holidays. Disagree with them and they try to shame you to death.

WinnisquamZ 04-20-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKD (Post 354013)
Being new to this forum and getting attacked on my very first post on this topic makes me wonder what you folks do all day? Relax. Life is good. Wow! This is like being with my radicalized liberal college aged nieces over the holidays. Disagree with them and they try to shame you to death.

Welcome. Not all of us here are Karens. Many others monitor and shake their heads. This forum can be enlightening, entertaining, and informative. Enjoy

4 for Boating 04-20-2021 09:27 PM

Not really picking a side here BUT

So at what point will masks no longer be needed?
What criteria is to be used to say - you don't have to wear one any longer?

Is it when each and every US citizen has been offered the vaccine?
We seem to be getting close to that point as some states are already offering to anyone over 16 and have open appointments.

I'm guessing that some will never get the vaccine - are we to wear masks for those that by their own choice, choose not to get it?

Truth be told - I'm a mask wearer (easy thing to do at least for me) but just curious, what are the specific set of events or metric's that will change this dynamic?

gillygirl 04-20-2021 09:31 PM

NH Mask Mandates

Quote:

You have to stop speaking in absolutes. You just lose your credibility. This is one of dozens of videos I’ve seen of maskless people losing their minds when asked to put one on by a retail establishment. Something they have the right to do. Stop acting like anti-maskers are angels.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/20/maskle...ordstrom-rack/

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app