Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boat Repairs & Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Upholstery shop ? (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13262)

robbsracingengines 11-04-2011 05:18 PM

Upholstery shop ?

I am looking for an upholstery shop to redo the complete interior of my pontoon boat. There are several in my area (Nashua) that have done plenty of boat work but I cant find one locally that has experience with doing a complete interior. Can anyone recommend a place that they have used and were happy with there work and there price?

millie 11-04-2011 08:04 PM

moultonborough canvas..

codeman671 11-05-2011 07:21 PM

I would use converse upholstery in Rochester. His winters are pretty quiet. If you are doing a pontoon have you looked at whole replacement furniture? Some of the catalogs and websites have it, and it is a lot more reasonable than one would think. You can even change the layout if you wish.

Flippin NH 11-06-2011 07:23 AM

Villiage Canvas in Meredith

robbsracingengines 11-06-2011 09:30 AM

Thanks. I will give those places a call.

This is my second pontoon restoration. The first time I bought a complete interior from an online company called Pontoon Stuff. As soon as the boxes showed up to my door I knew I had made a mistake. Made In China all over them. Some of them came out of the box with ripped corners. On a couple them the plastic bases were screwed up. Once we got that all resolved and I got them installed it looked good but not great. It was an older pontoon a 1986 Party Barge. The new one I am re-building is a 2001 Aqua Patio. The AP furniture is big comfy stuff. It also matches the radius of the fencing. Thats why this time I would like to have the original seats recoverd. I know it will be a lot more money but the finished product will be much much nicer.

robbsracingengines 11-06-2011 09:43 AM

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...75645857_n.jpg

robbsracingengines 11-06-2011 09:51 AM

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...28718534_n.jpg

NHBUOY 11-07-2011 08:20 AM

Have you tried to contact AP to price out the replacement interior ? I know the Bennington interiors were not as pricey as I would of thought. I KNOW exactly what you're saying about the "catalogue" interiors. Good luck with your project. That's a sharp-looking 'Toon.

Winnisquamguy 11-08-2011 07:37 AM

There is a guy up in Ashland right next to the covered bridge on Little Squam...I cannot think of his name and I tried Google but no luck.He does great work!

BroadHopper 11-08-2011 08:02 AM

Tom's Top and Trim

He's located near Martell's bait shop in Laconia. Highly recomended by the local marinas.

SIKSUKR 11-08-2011 08:06 AM

In the Laconia area I would recommend Toms Tops and Trim on Bay St. For the Nashua area I would suggest Randy Packards' Superior Interiors in Hooksett. I know both owners and can tell you they do great work.

tmm366 11-08-2011 08:47 AM

Talk to Ann at shipshape marine in Gilford.

corollaman 05-10-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmm366 (Post 171605)
Talk to Ann at shipshape marine in Gilford.

YES! Rick and Ann are the best around. Have heard alot of good things about them. They are very professional in their work.:D

Belmont Resident 05-13-2012 04:31 AM

Ship Shape

Quote:

Originally Posted by corollaman (Post 181747)
YES! Rick and Ann are the best around. Have heard alot of good things about them. They are very professional in their work.:D

My wife and I have had fantastic results from Ship Shape.
On the other hand I found them because I had work done at Village canvas, had problems and could not get them to return phone calls.
So Ann did a great job of repairing their mistakes. It cost me twice but I found a shop that stands behind their work which to us is far more important than price.

rick35 08-15-2013 10:27 PM

We need to have the boat upholstery redone. We winter the boat at Shep Browns and have used them to contract out for canvas in the off season and would like to consider other options for the upholstery. Is this something that can be done with the boat still in the water where we dont have a trailer? Any recommendations in Meredith?

Gatto Nero 06-20-2017 03:40 PM

CopyCat Upholstery

Reviving an old thread here but has anyone used CopyCat Upholstery or similar service as opposed to using a local upholsterer? You send them your old covers, which they recreate and you install yourself. I am assuming it would save some money by doing much of the labor.

LIforrelaxin 06-20-2017 04:23 PM

I would suggest contacting a couple of the Pontoon Boat MFG. Particularly the one responsible for your pontoon... You may find you can get an interior directly from a MFG. cheaper... I am sure if there is a company who's interior you like, you can by one from them and install it in your boat...