Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Patrick Chung (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24905)

Major 08-22-2019 07:45 AM

Patrick Chung

I just read in the Laconia Daily Sun that Patrick C. Chung, 32, of Meredith, was indicted for possession of cocaine. As a Patriots season ticket holder, I hope it isn't true. However, I know he has a place in Meredith, he's 32, and his middle initial is "C". :(

https://www.laconiadailysun.com/news...d525d01cb.html

Woodsy 08-22-2019 08:03 AM

I read that this morning too..... I am sure it will be "breaking news" shortly. I wonder what kind of suspension the league is going to hand out?

Woodsy

rander7823 08-22-2019 09:46 AM

I am sure the Coach will take care of things

As a hater of the Patriot "Way" and everything that bunch of cheaters stands for ...I hope they throw him out for a long long time.

WinnisquamZ 08-22-2019 10:09 AM

It is breaking on Boston talk radios at this moment

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

WinnisquamZ 08-22-2019 11:17 AM

Appears he may walk. House alarm, police response, enter home and find coke. He was not there at the time.

rander7823 08-22-2019 02:40 PM

The Classic

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinnisquamZ (Post 318063)
Appears he may walk. House alarm, police response, enter home and find coke. He was not there at the time.

I never saw that before in my life I have no idea whose it is....I wonder if they can check for other teams practice videos, Aaron Hernandez' gun, some adjusted air pressure gauges and TB12's "Vitamin" supplements.

And Robert Kraft's libido

Phantom 08-22-2019 03:23 PM

We get your position Rander …….. I suspect your a Yankee's fan too :D

JEEPONLY 08-22-2019 04:40 PM

I don't know how to present multiple quotes, so I'll ask this..

Put together, what the hell do posts 5, 6 and 7 mean?

tbonies 08-22-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 318049)
As a hater of the Patriot "Way" and everything that bunch of cheaters stands for ...I hope they throw him out for a long long time.

You mad bro or just drinking again?

Slickcraft 08-22-2019 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPONLY (Post 318105)
I don't know how to present multiple quotes, so I'll ask this..

Put together, what the hell do posts 5, 6 and 7 mean?

#5 mostly reporting, some speculation.

#6 Sore looser trolling

#7 Bait is taken

SAMIAM 08-23-2019 06:22 AM

Police responded to an alarm and Chung was not there.
Very clear that the burglars paused to do a couple of lines.
Case closed...nothing to see here : )

FlyingScot 08-23-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 318135)

Haha--I agree.

But isn't it equally bizarre to think that a normally functioning adult, even one with a coke habit and/or other issues, would leave drugs out in the open when he is not home?

Hillcountry 08-23-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 318160)
Haha--I agree.

But isn't it equally bizarre to think that a normally functioning adult, even one with a coke habit and/or other issues, would leave drugs out in the open when he is not home?

If you believe your home is “safe” from intruders...why not? I’m sure many people leave all kinds of things they would not want the general public to see.
(Think bedroom nightstands) :D

Major 08-23-2019 04:38 PM

Having separated many, many soldiers from the Army for testing positive for coke, there is no such thing as a recreational user. If it's his, I can assure you that he uses coke frequently.

betterthanbacon 08-24-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMIAM (Post 318135)

I agree with SAMIAM. Unless there is video to prove different. I would think the NFL would be requesting blood testing.

rander7823 08-26-2019 09:53 AM

Hey watch it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 318100)
We get your position Rander …….. I suspect your a Yankee's fan too :D

I am die hard Bruins, Red Sox and Celtics fan.

Unfortunately my NFL team of choice is the Dolphins. First game I ever remember seeing was the Cowboys 24-3 win over them in the Super Bowl. I have been a fan ever since

rander7823 08-26-2019 10:05 AM

Just stating the "Facts"

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickcraft (Post 318110)
#5 mostly reporting, some speculation.

#6 Sore looser trolling

#7 Bait is taken

I have to jump on it while it lasts we have so little time to hope they fail

Woodsy 08-26-2019 11:20 AM

I am sure the NFL has a drug testing policy and my guess is that Chung has passed it....

I suspect its a big bunch of nothing.

Woodsy

Ryan 08-27-2019 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 318316)
Unfortunately my NFL team of choice is the Dolphins. First game I ever remember seeing was the Cowboys 24-3 win over them in the Super Bowl. I have been a fan ever since

:laugh::laugh::laugh::emb::laugh::laugh::laugh:

VitaBene 08-27-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 318321)
I am sure the NFL has a drug testing policy and my guess is that Chung has passed it....

I suspect its a big bunch of nothing.

Woodsy

Because of the field I am in (nuclear plant security), I have a decent understanding of how long different drugs stay in your system. Pot, the most innocuous drug, at least in my opinion, is detectable for 30 days in a regular user using urinalysis. Cocaine is only between 1 and 4 days, heroin only 5 days. The only caveat is that hair tests can show use up to 90 days for most drugs. I do not believe that the NFL collective bargaining agreement allows for testing via hair samples.

The bottom line is that a player could easily evade a cocaine or even heroin test with a little forethought.

SIKSUKR 08-27-2019 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 318049)

This is funny. You hate the Patriot way but love the Dolphin way? Maybe you should take of your rose colored Dolphin glasses and read this. https://yourteamcheats.com/MIA

Hillcountry 08-27-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 318416)
This is funny. You hate the Patriot way but love the Dolphin way? Maybe you should take of your rose colored Dolphin glasses and read this. https://yourteamcheats.com/MIA

Not to mention that Domican (sp) Suh bastard...

rander7823 08-27-2019 01:55 PM

So still no names

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIKSUKR (Post 318416)

This is obviously a site put together by a couple of Pats Fans. I am surprised the Giants aren't dinged for cheating in two Super Bowls. You know the ones where Eli Manning a crappy QB beat TB12 but just getting 'lucky"

rander7823 08-27-2019 01:59 PM

Pats fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 318426)
Not to mention that Domican (sp) Suh bastard...

Are you referring to the incident where he was pushed into Brady by one of the O lineman for the Pats?

The decline of football can be traced back to the new rules enacted when poor Tommy got his boo-boo ankle and no one is allowed to touch the QB anymore.

They snapped Joe Theisman's leg in half and didn't change the rules.

Hillcountry 08-27-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 318431)
Are you referring to the incident where he was pushed into Brady by one of the O lineman for the Pats?

The decline of football can be traced back to the new rules enacted when poor Tommy got his boo-boo ankle and no one is allowed to touch the QB anymore.

Not just Brady...seen that prick do lots of dirty stuff all over the league. A hero of yours? :D

Mr. V 08-27-2019 02:43 PM

Quote:

The players are bigger, faster, and better trained than they once were, which leads to harder hitting.

I applaud the new rules: otherwise they'd be dragging injured players off the field much more frequently.

rander7823 08-27-2019 02:49 PM

I would never call a football player a hero

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hillcountry (Post 318433)
Not just Brady...seen that prick do lots of dirty stuff all over the league. A hero of yours? :D

Not a hero of mine, agree he did do a lot of dirty stuff but he seemed to be getting a bad rap in his later years. Also dirty is a relative term they used to bite each other in the old days. Joe Greene, Rodney Harriosn,

https://www.ranker.com/list/dirtiest...prosportsextra check out #36 on this list

I fear i have hijacked this thread and may get ranked with FLL soon;)

robmac 08-27-2019 04:04 PM

IMHO Patrick Chung is a member of the Patriots and not the entire team. He is also by law innocent until convicted! Sorry many will not like it but it's the truth

rander7823 09-11-2019 10:28 AM

Must be happy

I bet Patrick is happy to have a new teammate to take the heat now

Phantom 09-11-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 318316)
my NFL team of choice is the Dolphins.

Monday morning Stat's:
Patriots 2-0
Dolphins 0-2

:D :D :D :D :D

Mr. V 09-11-2019 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rander7823 (Post 319430)
I bet Patrick is happy to have a new teammate to take the heat now

Lotta heat for the "new teammate" with the new rape allegations leading to a lawsuit being filed.

What is it they say about karma?

rander7823 09-11-2019 02:40 PM

The Beat down should be worth more

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phantom (Post 319437)
Monday morning Stat's:
Patriots 2-0
Dolphins 0-2

:D :D :D :D :D

I have a feeling its going to be so bad the Pats may deserve 2 wins for the price of one

Dave R 09-12-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

What decline are you referring to?

That was Carson Palmer, not Brady, BTW that was the impetus for the rule change you wrote of. That's why it's called the "Carson Palmer Rule". The injury happened in early 2006, during the 2005 season. The Carson Palmer Rule was in place for 2 full years before Brady was injured in 2008.

rander7823 09-12-2019 02:25 PM

The Decline

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave R (Post 319491)
What decline are you referring to?

That was Carson Palmer, not Brady, BTW that was the impetus for the rule change you wrote of. That's why it's called the "Carson Palmer Rule". The injury happened in early 2006, during the 2005 season. The Carson Palmer Rule was in place for 2 full years before Brady was injured in 2008.

OK but watching Brady beg on every play he gets touched for a flag is just awful

It's that the sport is deteriorating into becoming flag football. Every play getting reviewed, the ball can touch the ground and be called a catch.

Just imagine how many TDs and yards Elway, Fouts, Marino, Kelley would have had if they played now or with the same rules.
Its almost like watching the NBA but not quite yet

MAXUM 09-12-2019 03:12 PM

I can't stand Cry Brady. I do think however that Belicheck is one hell of a coach.

Biggd 09-12-2019 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 319493)
I can't stand Cry Brady. I do think however that Belicheck is one hell of a coach.

Ya, he's a terrible QB. Anyone can play into their 40's now and win 6 Super Bowls. It's soo easy now, and he's a cheater too, LOL! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
I'm old school and I loved the old school players. Steve Grogan was one of my favorite players because he was tough as nails. But all sports have to change with the realization that CTE brain injuries are real and these players need to be protected to keep these sports going.

MAXUM 09-12-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 319496)
Ya, he's a terrible QB. Anyone can play into their 40's now and win 6 Super Bowls. It's soo easy now, and he's a cheater too, LOL! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

For the record I did not say he was terrible, others have played into their 40's so please really, and super bowl wins are a reflection of the coaching and the entire team not just the QB.

He's OK but as usual with any NEP fan, "Brady walks on water". Ok whatever - rolling my eyes - Belichick is the reason for his success. Brady - Belichick = 0

I will give him some credit though, he cries a little less than Kaepernick.

Biggd 09-12-2019 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 319502)
For the record I did not say he was terrible, others have played into their 40's so please really, and super bowl wins are a reflection of the coaching and the entire team not just the QB.

He's OK but as usual with any NEP fan, "Brady walks on water". Ok whatever - rolling my eyes - Belichick is the reason for his success. Brady - Belichick = 0

I don't ever remember Belichick throwing any touchdown passes. Belichick - Brady = 0 also.
Most players are lucky to play at a high level for 5 to 10 years. To play at the level he's at for over 20 years and actually play better into his 40's is and incredible feat.

Tank151 09-12-2019 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 319504)
I don't even remember Belichick throwing any touchdown passes. Belichick - Brady = 0 also.
Most players are lucky to play at a high level for 5 to 10 years. To play at the level he's at for over 20 years and actually play better into his 40's is and incredible feat.

Brady + Belichick = 7 Superbowls

ishoot308 09-12-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 319493)

Yeah, “he’s just OK”...:rolleye1::rolleye1:

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...dy-nfl-records

Unbelievable!

Dan

FlyingScot 09-13-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 319502)

Rolling in laughter that somehow some slob in NH (a title that we all qualify for) can opine that Brady is just OK or that Kaepernick cries. What these guys have done is extraordinary. None of us could even carry their water (they drink a lot!) You should give them all a lot of credit.

Biggd 09-13-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingScot (Post 319547)
Rolling in laughter that somehow some slob in NH (a title that we all qualify for) can opine that Brady is just OK or that Kaepernick cries. What these guys have done is extraordinary. None of us could even carry their water (they drink a lot!) You should give them all a lot of credit.

Playing any professional sport at the highest level takes a lot of talent. To play at the level he has played for over 20 years is extraordinary talent.
Most guys are lucky if they make it and can stick around a few years.
Some players act like dick heads because they think they are above everyone else, AKA Brown. Brady has done it without bosting or bragging. He lets everyone else do the bosting and bragging. All he does is WIN!

ishoot308 09-13-2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 319548)
Playing any professional sport at the highest level takes a lot of talent. To play at the level he has played for over 20 years is extraordinary talent.
Most guys are lucky if they make it and can stick around a few years.
Some players act like dick heads because they think they are above everyone else, AKA Brown. Brady has done it without bosting or bragging. He lets everyone else do the bosting and bragging. All he does is WIN!

Couldn’t agree more!....Tom let’s his stats do his talking for him! He is the GOAT QB and closed that door behind him a while ago! No one compares or comes close to the records he has set!

Dan

Biggd 09-14-2019 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishoot308 (Post 319561)
Couldn’t agree more!....Tom let’s his stats do his talking for him! He is the GOAT QB and closed that door behind him a while ago! No one compares or comes close to the records he has set!

Dan

My son played a sport professionally for ten years, just retiring this year due to health issues. I know first hand the physical and mental struggles they go through.
Guys like Brown give the regular players a bad name. Fans love the stars no matter how they act personally. But for every star player there are 20 or 30 regular players that put in the same work, if not more, just to stay in the game and make a living to support their families.
So when a guy like Brady goes about his business like a regular player I have enormous respect for that.
The way the fans treated Andrew Luck was disgraceful.

rick35 09-14-2019 07:55 AM

And don’t forget that Brady has restructured his contract to make money available for the players around him (that make him look good). That’s the ultimate sign of a team first kind of guy. He could easily be the highest paid but that’s not what’s most important to him. (And I think his wife still makes more than he does. Had to throw that in.)

TiltonBB 01-13-2020 07:54 PM

Case Dismissed

New Hampshire prosecutors have dismissed a charge of cocaine possession against New England Patriots safety Patrick Chung, according to statement from Belknap County Attorney Andrew Livernois.

Chung, 32, was indicted in August on a felony charge one count of possession of a controlled drug, found in his Meredith, New Hampshire home during an incident in June.

The charge was dismissed on terms that he will remain on good behavior for a two-year period. He will also submit to state-monitored drug testing and perform forty hours of community service. If Chung fails to comply with those conditions, the state has the power to reinstate the charge and prosecute the NFL player.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/01...rge-dismissed/

MAXUM 01-14-2020 02:43 PM

Interesting... wonder how many average "people" would get that same charges dismissed with the promise of good behavior and a little community service.

Biggd 01-14-2020 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAXUM (Post 325179)
Interesting... wonder how many average "people" would get that same charges dismissed with the promise of good behavior and a little community service.

All it takes is right amount of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

baygo 01-14-2020 02:56 PM

It would probably be better for society overall if they throw the book at celebrity criminals. IMHO

Outdoorsman 01-14-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

I wonder how many average "people" would have even been charged?

thinkxingu 01-14-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 325183)
It would probably be better for society overall if they throw the book at celebrity criminals. IMHO

Yeah, but then who would be on the gridiron on Sundays? Are you not entertained?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Biggd 01-14-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baygo (Post 325183)

Not just celebrity criminals but all criminals that think they can buy their way out of trouble.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Mr. V 01-14-2020 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 325195)
Not just celebrity criminals but all criminals that think they can buy their way out of trouble.S

Your chances when facing a criminal charge are much brighter when you hire a talented, capable attorney.

Generally, the more money you have the less you have to worry about getting caught up in life's entanglements.

Dave R 01-16-2020 06:56 PM

Quote:

Pretty much all of them. The state does not want to incarcerate anyone for first time possession of a little coke.

Biggd 01-16-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. V (Post 325209)
Your chances when facing a criminal charge are much brighter when you hire a talented, capable attorney.

Generally, the more money you have the less you have to worry about getting caught up in life's entanglements.

Like Kraft squashing the trial on his happy ending? :emb::emb::emb: