Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Home, Cottage or Land Maintenance (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Stump Removal (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23209)

Modaboating 04-23-2018 11:32 AM

Stump Removal

Hi looking for a company to remove a stump from a big pine tree that fell. Tree has been removed but partial stump remains thinking someone with a mini excavator might be the way to go. I am in Meredith Bay. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you :)

ishoot308 04-23-2018 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modaboating (Post 293828)
Hi looking for a company to remove a stump from a big pine tree that fell. Tree has been removed but partial stump remains thinking someone with a mini excavator might be the way to go. I am in Meredith Bay. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you :)

I believe it would be cheaper and less intrusive to grind the stump. Approximate cost for grinding is about $8.00 per inch + or - measured diameter of stump at widest part.

Cort Kelly of Arbortech just did a couple for me and did his usual fine work. I can't even tell where the stump was! I'm sure he goes to Meredith as well.

Good Luck!

Dan

Modaboating 04-23-2018 12:35 PM

Yes Arbor tech is the one that cleaned up the fallen tree the stump is mostly pulled out of the ground and stands about 4 feet above the ground Courtney said he could not remove it I would need to find someone with a mini excavator. Thank You

ishoot308 04-23-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Modaboating (Post 293833)
Yes Arbor tech is the one that cleaned up the fallen tree the stump is mostly pulled out of the ground and stands about 4 feet above the ground Courtney said he could not remove it I would need to find someone with a mini excavator. Thank You

Ahh... gotchya! Stump is on its side or very loose and can't be ground. I would think a local landscaper would have the equipment to do that for you. Maybe someone here will recommend one...

Good luck!

Dan

Poor Richard 04-26-2018 11:47 AM

Are you looking to have the stump removed from the property or just plucked out of the ground?

Modaboating 05-01-2018 09:11 AM

I am looking for both. Thank you

Loub52 04-17-2019 09:18 AM

Pemi Treeworks

http://pemitreeworks.com/

Just had several large oak stumps removed by Kurt and his crew. They were on-time, reasonably priced and left the job area looking great.

They also re-located a couple of rhododendron shrubs for me as well. Several of the stumps I had removed were in sensitive spots near my septic tank and leach field, requiring an extra level of attention to detail.

winterharbor59 04-29-2019 01:58 PM

Can you give us an idea of the pricing? We’re not sure what a reasonable price is.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

Loub52 04-29-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winterharbor59 (Post 310571)
Can you give us an idea of the pricing? We’re not sure what a reasonable price is.

To determine a “reasonable price”, in my situation, I drew on a previous expense comparison of what it took to grind a number of 100-year pine stumps on another property with some challenges (distance from the road, terrain, septic system) versus my recent project with a similar number of mature oak stumps.

The job in question took 3 people about 6 hours from start to finish. Regarding price per stump, I’ve seen estimates ranging from $8 per inch of diameter to $3 per ring...a pretty vague pricing gauge. Really not trying to side-step your direct question, but I think there are too many variables to say “so and so charged $x to remove x stumps”

Hope this helps, at least a little.

winterharbor59 04-29-2019 06:41 PM

Wow. No I was looking for a simpler description. Such as what did they charge for one stump , 2 stumps etc. understanding that they are if different sizes. Eg what was the total $ you were charged?