Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Issues (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Weirs “TRASH” beach!! (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23507)

Aquanut 07-04-2018 09:04 PM

Weirs “TRASH” beach!!

The city of Laconia and New Hampshire residents should be ashamed at what their allowing to take place to one of the most beautiful places on earth!!
I just took my family for a swim at weirs beach on the Fourth of July. I had to explain to my 7 year old daughter why our beach was so horribly trashed, and why I could not allow her to swim in the water! Soon I will have to explain to my 1 year old son why he can not swim any where in the lake because of what’s soon to be an uninhabitable lake!
The city of Laconia posted a new “friendly reminder” sign at the beach that states the rules for beach goers. Every single rule was blatantly ignored by almost everyone there! Including drinking alcohol, smoking, animals, trash, dumping of hot coals etc. without exaggeration there must have been hundreds of bags of trash spewed all over the park and beach. And the worst part was the realization that there was as much trash in the water as out. I saw baby diapers, sneakers, styrofoam and plastic cups, toys, broken chairs and so much more in the water as far out as the swim boundary ropes and likely beyond! I witnessed an suv open it’s doors and literally dump lots of trash out into the parking lot!
At what point should we care? When the fish and ducks are dead?
I get that the city generates revenue from parking, but that is it! Most all of what’s consumed is brought with those people who leave there trash behind. I would bet that hardly any is bought from the weirs blvd. most everyone at the beach is from just south of our border. The city of Laconia should take more pride in what land and resources they govern, they should assign police to patrol and ticket all violators who litter!! That would generate huge revenue and anyone who doesn’t like it could leave!! There are plenty of state residents who would gladly take there parking space! This would also save thousands in the form of city workers overtime pay.
Towns like center Harbor and Bristol restrict there beaches to residents, these place are respected and clean!!
As an avid outdoorsman who enjoys fishing, boating, scuba diving and many other lake related pleasures I find it very disturbing what’s taking place!
I spoke with the city employees who were cleaning up the trash and they informed me that nobody goes into the water to clean up the submerged trash! This is disgraceful!!!!!
If anyone like me cares enough for the future of our state please be as outraged as me and demand action from the city of Laconia!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

RTTOOL 07-05-2018 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquanut (Post 297119)
The city of Laconia and New Hampshire residents should be ashamed at what their allowing to take place to one of the most beautiful places on earth!!
I just took my family for a swim at weirs beach on the Fourth of July. I had to explain to my 7 year old daughter why our beach was so horribly trashed, and why I could not allow her to swim in the water! Soon I will have to explain to my 1 year old son why he can not swim any where in the lake because of what’s soon to be an uninhabitable lake!
The city of Laconia posted a new “friendly reminder” sign at the beach that states the rules for beach goers. Every single rule was blatantly ignored by almost everyone there! Including drinking alcohol, smoking, animals, trash, dumping of hot coals etc. without exaggeration there must have been hundreds of bags of trash spewed all over the park and beach. And the worst part was the realization that there was as much trash in the water as out. I saw baby diapers, sneakers, styrofoam and plastic cups, toys, broken chairs and so much more in the water as far out as the swim boundary ropes and likely beyond! I witnessed an suv open it’s doors and literally dump lots of trash out into the parking lot!
At what point should we care? When the fish and ducks are dead?
I get that the city generates revenue from parking, but that is it! Most all of what’s consumed is brought with those people who leave there trash behind. I would bet that hardly any is bought from the weirs blvd. most everyone at the beach is from just south of our border. The city of Laconia should take more pride in what land and resources they govern, they should assign police to patrol and ticket all violators who litter!! That would generate huge revenue and anyone who doesn’t like it could leave!! There are plenty of state residents who would gladly take there parking space! This would also save thousands in the form of city workers overtime pay.
Towns like center Harbor and Bristol restrict there beaches to residents, these place are respected and clean!!
As an avid outdoorsman who enjoys fishing, boating, scuba diving and many other lake related pleasures I find it very disturbing what’s taking place!
I spoke with the city employees who were cleaning up the trash and they informed me that nobody goes into the water to clean up the submerged trash! This is disgraceful!!!!!
If anyone like me cares enough for the future of our state please be as outraged as me and demand action from the city of Laconia!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

THERE IS ALOT for people that can't read ennnng more out of state come here too..

swnoel 07-06-2018 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pondguy (Post 297166)
Not fair to the residents that pay taxes to the city ! :(

What's not fair is the city is not at fault for the complete disregard many people have towards personal responsibility , self respect, civility and the law! I don't see it getting better any time soon. We now have a political party justifying the attack of those that differ in their views.... welcome to Germany 1939!

Shrimpbrain 07-07-2018 12:42 PM

If you are referring to who and what comes up to the beach on the fourth and ruins it and takes over the beach. We all know who it is. Even Laconia know who they are and doesn't give a crap. Been going on for years and Laconia does and will continue to do NOTHING. To political for Laconia and we all know what side of the fence Laconia falls on. Starting with the Mayor on down. If I'm not mistaken, the Mayor owns the Laconia daily Sun Too. Hmmm !!

Bigstan 07-07-2018 09:32 PM

Who?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrimpbrain (Post 297309)
If you are referring to who and what comes up to the beach on the fourth and ruins it and takes over the beach. We all know who it is. Even Laconia know who they are and doesn't give a crap. Been going on for years and Laconia does and will continue to do NOTHING. To political for Laconia and we all know what side of the fence Laconia falls on. Starting with the Mayor on down. If I'm not mistaken, the Mayor owns the Laconia daily Sun Too. Hmmm !!

If you have something to say just say it. Who is the who in your mind?

Biggd 07-11-2018 06:41 AM

If you've been to Weirs on the 4th of July you know the "who" he's talking about. The City needs to add more police duties on that day and start handing out stiff fines. Collecting those fines would be another matter.
I have a friend of mine that is very respectful when it comes to trash pick up but he tells me that when he goes back to his country for a visit he sees people just throwing their trash out the window of their vehicles. His young kids see this and do the same so he's always battling with them to not do what they see people doing in his country. Many of them just don't give a *****!