Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Weather (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Severe Thunderstorm Watch (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15863)

Slickcraft 06-02-2013 02:23 PM

Severe Thunderstorm Watch

From the NWS

Quote:

Statement as of 3:03 PM EDT on June 02, 2013

Severe Thunderstorm Watch 271 remains in effect until 800 PM EDT

NH
. New Hampshire counties included are

Belknap Carroll Cheshire
Coos Grafton Hillsborough
Merrimack Rockingham Strafford
Sullivan

Slickcraft 06-02-2013 02:37 PM

Now a warning

Closing in fast

Statement as of 3:31 PM EDT on June 02, 2013

The National Weather Service in Gray Maine has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
northern Sullivan County in central New Hampshire...
northwestern Belknap County in central New Hampshire...
northwestern Merrimack County in central New Hampshire...
southwestern Coos County in northern New Hampshire...
western Carroll County in northern New Hampshire...
Grafton County in northern New Hampshire...

Belmont Resident 06-02-2013 02:45 PM

I wrapped up work early after checking radar.
I for one will be sooo glad for the cooler temps that follow for the rest of this week.

surfnsnow 06-02-2013 03:46 PM

what happened to wmur, only maine stations are reporting this so far. anyway it is getting cooler

codeman671 06-02-2013 04:44 PM

We witnessed waterspouts off the southern end of Bear around 4:30pm. Pretty nasty.

Belmont Resident 06-02-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfnsnow (Post 204989)
what happened to wmur, only maine stations are reporting this so far. anyway it is getting cooler

Yes thank god the temps are dropping, already down to 69 here :D
We are in it right now in Belmont and it has definitely lost it's punch. Down pouring out but no winds at all and not a whole lot of lightning.

Lakesrider 06-02-2013 07:40 PM

It was banging pretty loud up here in Moultonborough tonight. quite the sounds.
Temps really dropped as well but the humidity is still up there a bit. Lights flickered a few times but we never really lost power at all which amazing with all the lightning. Nothing like Oklahoma at least. Still praying for those folks out there. I don;t know how they stay there......Should be a nicer week now that the heat is gone. Trying to get my outdoor projects done before another heat wave. :D

Belmont Resident 06-02-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakesrider (Post 205017)
It was banging pretty loud up here in Moultonborough tonight. quite the sounds.
Temps really dropped as well but the humidity is still up there a bit. Lights flickered a few times but we never really lost power at all which amazing with all the lightning. Nothing like Oklahoma at least. Still praying for those folks out there. I don;t know how they stay there......Should be a nicer week now that the heat is gone. Trying to get my outdoor projects done before another heat wave. :D

Yes, watching radar it looked like from the top of the lake north was really going to get the brunt of it.
Much better sleeping weather along with outdoor working weather has arrived.
These temperature swings are a killer on the body. Now they are saying north country could see frost mid week and highs Friday of only 66. I'll take that over the heat and humidity of the last 3 days.

ApS 06-03-2013 06:16 AM

Heat's NOT 'All Bad'...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakesrider (Post 205017)
It was banging pretty loud up here in Moultonborough tonight. quite the sounds...Lights flickered a few times but we never really lost power at all which amazing with all the lightning...Should be a nicer week now that the heat is gone. Trying to get my outdoor projects done before another heat wave. :D

• I'll bet Rattlesnake-Islanders got a great view of that storm as it crossed the Ossipee Range—I sure did! :eek2:

• It raked Wolfeboro and—after dark—appeared to be hammering the Lake Wentworth area. :eek:

• Wolfeboro "never" loses power, but this desktop dropped-off, and I had to set all the clocks again. :rolleye1:

• "The heat-wave" was a blessing for those of us with projects involving repairs in warm, calm, and shallow waters.

:look:

NHBUOY 06-03-2013 07:50 AM

Got nailed in Woodstock. Short violent storm. Electricity out from 4pm to 2am.

Retired Ole Guy 06-03-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman671 (Post 204994)
We witnessed waterspouts off the southern end of Bear around 4:30pm. Pretty nasty.

We thought we saw some forming as we came screaming up Meredith Bay just ahead of the storm. We Will NOT be doing that ever again:eek:

gslpro 06-04-2013 06:37 PM

Thanks to Marine Patrol

We were at anchor near Stonedam Island when Marine Patrol announced a severe storm warning alert about the storm on channel 16. Not sure if this is something they normally do, but this was a first for me. We pulled anchor after checking radar, and then told a few boats still unaware. You could tell who had vhf on that day. They were the ones jumping onto plane all at the same time. Got back to the marina, put the enclosure all on, and made a drink. 20 minutes later got nailed. The nastiness lasted a little over an hour, but the rain lasted several hours. If it wasn't for the marine patrol's early warning, we would have been caught for sure. it was fast moving.