Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Donzi poker run (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16191)

classic22 07-24-2013 11:00 AM

Donzi poker run

1 Attachment(s)
The annual Donzi poker run is this saturday. You do not have to have a donzi to participate. Please see the attached document for details.

OCDACTIVE 07-24-2013 11:24 AM

This is a Great run with a very good group of experienced boaters. I am sorry I will be missing it. Have fun!

Shreddy 07-24-2013 01:40 PM

Wonder if they'll allow jet skis... bet I could run faster than most of the boats there :D Although, to "race" it would have had to been a few years ago before the SL was enacted.

OCDACTIVE 07-25-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddy (Post 208738)
Wonder if they'll allow jet skis... bet I could run faster than most of the boats there :D Although, to "race" it would have had to been a few years ago before the SL was enacted.

I doubt they would have an issue. I think you might get pretty beat up however. The run usually hits 4 ports on each end of the lake. With the cross wakes from the amount of boats and normal traffic I couldn't imagine what my back would feel like. But you could be the first to do it!

Have fun. Let us know how it turns out! Good Luck

VitaBene 07-25-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Having seen your machine, I have no doubt it could! What is it? 230 HP?

Shreddy 07-25-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VitaBene (Post 208818)
Having seen your machine, I have no doubt it could! What is it? 230 HP?

Slightly more than 230 :D, along with sport mode...will also be doing a few upgrades because clearly 72mph isn't fast enough :laugh::emb::D

classic22 07-25-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Maybe some of the boats but not most of them!

NoBozo 07-25-2013 06:41 PM

It's all a matter of comfort. If you want to BEAT your brains out to prove you are Fast..on a PWC...good for you. Breezing along at 50 in a 22 Donzi Classic...sipping Martinis sounds better to me. The martinis may be in a "Sippy Cup"...but it IS do-able. :D NB

Happy Gourmand 07-25-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoBozo (Post 208840)
It's all a matter of comfort. If you want to BEAT your brains out to prove you are Fast..on a PWC...good for you. Breezing along at 50 in a 22 Donzi Classic...sipping Martinis sounds better to me. The martinis may be in a "Sippy Cup"...but it IS do-able. :D NB

Martini in a sippy cup....what a visual! Lol

hig 07-26-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreddy (Post 208822)
Slightly more than 230 :D, along with sport mode...will also be doing a few upgrades because clearly 72mph isn't fast enough :laugh::emb::D

Most of these boats will do more than that.

And they won't be slowed by chop in the broads. Like you will be :)

OCDACTIVE 07-26-2013 11:56 AM

Two years back there was some heavy winds and even then many of the Donzi's we held back. Many made it but it was slow going. Only a couple of us were big enough to get on top of the waves and hammer through.

One hell of a great time and some of the best helo shots I have. My avatar is a picture from then.

Donzi Minx 07-26-2013 03:15 PM

Poker Run

I did the run two years in a row. A really great time George and Bonnie do a great job, orchestrating this event. And to think that BMW's had a cult following!
I sneak up to the lake when I can, but I am living proof that Mr. Lincoln did not free the slaves.

PaugusBayFireFighter 07-26-2013 11:02 PM

I'm looking forward to my first poker run. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

Webbsatwinni 07-27-2013 05:03 PM

George, Bonnie and the entire Donzi club.

Thanks for opening your fun to everyone, it was a great day and you are a good bunch. The family had a blast, it will be something they will talk about for a long time.

We couldn't make the dinner, can you get us the helicopter pic link so we can buy the shots? And the helicopter driver did great, they were always in position and looked to be involved in the fun not just following the pack.

Thanks again for the fun.

The Webbs.

Irrigation Guy 07-28-2013 05:58 AM

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

hazelnut 07-29-2013 09:25 AM

GREAT day!

What a great day. Lots of beautiful boats. Well done Donzi folks.

Shreddy 07-29-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hig (Post 208884)
Most of these boats will do more than that.

And they won't be slowed by chop in the broads. Like you will be :)

I don't doubt it. Donzi's are one of my favorite boats out there. The thing is, they'd have a very tough time reeling me in after a hole shot. 0-60 in 2.9 seconds...faster than a Ferrari F430

Woodsy 07-29-2013 12:40 PM

Shreddy...

Definitely make an appearance next year! I for one would find it pretty cool! Especially if you tough out the whole run!

Woodsy

Shreddy 07-29-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 209127)
Shreddy...

Definitely make an appearance next year! I for one would find it pretty cool! Especially if you tough out the whole run!

Woodsy

I'd love to. I wanted to this year. I'm a huge fan of all speed boats, specifically donzis. I had a bunch of friends up this weekend because we go on our annual boat cruise aboard the Winni Bell at night so I was pretty strapped around the Moultonboro side of town. I think it'd be fun just to run with all those guys. Good thing for ports as well because with the 260hp supercharged motor, my jet ski just drinks the fuel. :D Gotta pay to play though unfortunately