Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Mount (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19078)

GodSmile 04-29-2015 10:39 AM

The Mount

Looks like the Mount is out on its Shakedown cruise (based on webcam)

webmaster 04-29-2015 10:49 AM

I believe the Shakedown Cruise in next Monday. They are probably just doing a test run before the official shakedown when many guests are invited. Today it doesn't look like any passengers are aboard and their parking lot is empty.

BroadHopper 04-29-2015 10:50 AM

From Facebook

Dear friends ,,,,
A friend, captain/engineer / electrician of the Winni Flagship Corp took a very harmful fall at work on Monday and was hospitalized. I am asking for prayers for Mr. Bob Reed that he will heal completely. He has had a number of set backs recently. Thank you so much from the "Flagship family".

mcdude 04-29-2015 11:20 AM

The Laconia Daily Sun had an article today saying that the "official" shakedown cruise, originally scheduled for May 4, has been cancelled this year. No invitations were sent out in case you were wondering where yours was!

Janet 04-29-2015 11:29 AM

Article says they weren't sure if ice-out would occur before May 4th due to the long cold winter. They didn't want to mail 150 invitations and then have to call those invites to cancel. Article also said the Mount would soon be returning to the Weirs for the season. Guess that's today. :)

MGWillia 04-29-2015 11:42 AM

Prayers being said...

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 244042)
Dear friends ,,,,
A friend, captain/engineer / electrician of the Winni Flagship Corp took a very harmful fall at work on Monday and was hospitalized. I am asking for prayers for Mr. Bob Reed that he will heal completely. He has had a number of set backs recently. Thank you so much from the "Flagship family".

Godspeed to Bob, his Family, the Flagship Family and the enduring tradition that is the MS Mount Washington. Sail On!

MGWillia 04-29-2015 11:45 AM

That is sad....

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcdude (Post 244045)
The Laconia Daily Sun had an article today saying that the "official" shakedown cruise, originally scheduled for May 4, has been cancelled this year. No invitations were sent out in case you were wondering where yours was!

Not that I'm on the invite list, but I hate to see traditions have to be cancelled. Love the Mount and all she represents to the Lake.

webmaster 04-29-2015 12:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Janet (Post 244048)
the Mount would soon be returning to the Weirs for the season. Guess that's today. :)

She's back...

GodSmile 04-29-2015 01:17 PM

Prayers for Bob

minni on winni 04-29-2015 02:09 PM

Caring thoughts and prayers on their way

Senter Cove Guy 04-29-2015 03:02 PM

Best Wishes To A Friend

Quote:

Originally Posted by BroadHopper (Post 244042)
Dear friends ,,,,

I've known Bob for quite a few years and I'm very sorry to hear of this. I hope that he heals quickly and completely and that he won't miss time on The Mount this summer.

Charlie T 04-29-2015 07:14 PM

Bob is a Stand up Guy!

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Bob several years back when my company sold the Mount some new audio gear. Bob was very gracious and took me on a guided tour of the Mount including the engine room. Bob is a great guy to work with and a huge asset to the Mount and her crew. Prayers go to Bob for a full recovery.

All the Best
Charlie T

Pine Island Guy 04-29-2015 09:57 PM

Bob Reed

thank you BH for posting the update on Skipper Bob, and very sorry to hear that he's had a set back, but hoping it is just temporary and sending positive thoughts his way!!!

I first met him when I was a tot at Camp Idlewild... and now wave to him every time the Mount or Sophie C swings by Pine Island... he was instrumental in getting a big "shout out" from the Sophie C to celebrate my dad's 92nd birthday a few years back as they went past... my dad was thrilled!!

Thank you Skipper and best wishes for a quick recovery!! -PIG

Rattlesnake Gal 04-30-2015 08:23 AM

Skipper Bob

Sending healing thoughts and prayers his way. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Bob!