Winnipesaukee Forum

Winnipesaukee Forum (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/index.php)
-   Boating (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New boat on the lake (https://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22064)

Red apple 07-09-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeredithMan (Post 281516)
I will also add that I have seen the boat come and go from its home a number of times, as well as having passed it while on the lake. I've never seen any reckless behavior, crazy speed, blaring music, or other yahoo antics, that I have witnessed on much smaller, less expensive boats.

Don't really understand why so many people on this site are throwing rocks at someone they don't even know....

Because they can't have one!

Sent from my iPad using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 07:39 AM

Sorry brother, just responding to being "slammed"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 281459)
Comments like this are what is wrong with society today. Slam the owner of this boat without even knowing them. Very discouraging.

Simply responding to someone else's accusation (that those of us who oppose 1600 HP boats on Winnipesaukee are somehow "jealous"). I can't let such a ridiculous comment go unchallenged. The only thing I'm jealous of is other lakes that have figured out how to maintain the peace and tranquility of God's creation while still enabling the broader community to enjoy access to the water.

Biggd 07-10-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 281459)
Comments like this are what is wrong with society today. Slam the owner of this boat without even knowing them. Very discouraging.

It's no different than you slamming the posters on here that are making comments against the need for a 1600HP boat on the lake.

Woodsy 07-10-2017 09:41 AM

Wow.... gotta love all of the negativity!

So what if somebody has 1600Hp of eggbeaters hanging off the back of his boat? Its not your business! If he can afford the boat/gas/transport etc... good for him!

Lets start slamming all of the big lakefront homeowners too.... I mean why would you ever need a house like that? Cheers to those who can afford those houses!

I saw this boat running during the Easter Seals Poker Run... probably the quietest boat in the crowd. Not to mention it wasn't remotely the fastest!

Its AWESOME to see boats like this coming back to Lake Winni!

Woodsy

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281586)
Wow.... gotta love all of the negativity!
Lets start slamming all of the big lakefront homeowners too.... I mean why would you ever need a house like that? Cheers to those who can afford those houses!

Many Winnipesaukee houses are completely ostentatious. Rather than trying to erect something in harmony with the environment and preserve the serene natural beauty of Winni by building something a bit set back, painting it green or brown, and keeping some tree coverage, today it is fashionable to clear cut the trees, build enormous monuments to ourselves, and paint them white or light gray as if to say "Look what I can do!" It is the New Money ethos.

But, to take your analogy a bit further, if Jeff Bezos, or worse some corporation, wanted to spend his fortune by buying ALL the property on Winnipesaukee, demolishing all the homes and businesses, and preserving Winni for his own personal enjoyment do you think something should prevent him from doing so?

Tyler 07-10-2017 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 281579)
It's no different than you slamming the posters on here that are making comments against the need for a 1600HP boat on the lake.

My posts are VERY different. I am not slamming anyone posting that suggest there is not a need for a 1600 hp boat on this lake. My issue is with those who suggest that the OWNER of this and other similar boats are personally attacked by some including yourself. No need to slam the owner, if you do not like this type of boat simply state that and do not slam the owner, pretty simple, hope you can comprehend that.

Tyler 07-10-2017 10:25 AM

New Hampshire Lake Man posted "jealous that others don't have to ply the glacial waters of Winnipesaukee with 1600 HP to prove their manhood."

I only have a problem with that comment from you. "Prove their manhood", come on man grow up. Simply state that you do not think this type of boat belongs on the lake and not take a cheap shot at the owner.

Woodsy 07-10-2017 10:26 AM

Its YOUR opinion that the lake houses are too ostentatious and not in harmony. If you want a quieter, more restrictive lake go to Squam or one of the less developed lakes.

Lake Winni has a long storied history of large houses, speedboats and big money. The "barn door" has been open on Lake Winni far too long to get the horses back into the barn.

There have been numerous opportunities for the State of NH/lakeside towns to buy up some lakefront/island property and preserve it.... yet no real effort was made. The lake adds too much money to the economy. So if Bezos were to swoop in and try to buy it all up... the State would block the deal. Too much tax $$$ would be lost, not to mention the economic devastation to the area.

The reality is.... that except for island dwellers, nobody NEEDS a boat. They are a luxury item.... So just like a luxury car... there going to be Ferraris, and Lamborghinis driving around with the Chevy's & Fords...

Woodsy

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281594)
Its YOUR opinion that the lake houses are too ostentatious and not in harmony. If you want a quieter, more restrictive lake go to Squam or one of the less developed lakes.

Lake Winni has a long storied history of large houses, speedboats and big money. The "barn door" has been open on Lake Winni far too long to get the horses back into the barn.

There have been numerous opportunities for the State of NH/lakeside towns to buy up some lakefront/island property and preserve it.... yet no real effort was made. The lake adds too much money to the economy. So if Bezos were to swoop in and try to buy it all up... the State would block the deal. Too much tax $$$ would be lost, not to mention the economic devastation to the area.

The reality is.... that except for island dwellers, nobody NEEDS a boat. They are a luxury item.... So just like a luxury car... there going to be Ferraris, and Lamborghinis driving around with the Chevy's & Fords...

Woodsy

1) Yes, my opinion. I wrote it.
2) I do go to a different lake. My roots are at Winni but I left years ago to get away from the ocean-going vessels and GFBL ridiculousness. But I still love Winni and hold out hope for her future.
3) My question was a philosophical one, not a practical one. I'm curious to know if you think there should be any limits to what people can do on the lake. Philosophically speaking, do you have an objection to extraordinary wealth being used to purchase ALL property, close docks, marinas, etc? SHOULD Bezos be allowed to do that if he chose to?
4) The analogy of luxury cars is problematic because cars are the same size. A better analogy would be allowing monster trucks to drive on 93 at 70 miles an hour. Or, in some cases, a Boeing 787.

Woodsy 07-10-2017 11:14 AM

Like I said.... the State left the Barn door open on Lake Winni along time ago! You cannot re-write history...

The boat in question here is definitely not loud, and I don't think it is very fast... its just big and IMHO pretty.

I have no problem if Bezos or anyone with enough $$$ buys up the lake as long as he/they also pay the money lost from his purchase into the economy annually as well. So all of the people who make their living "on the lake" are not affected. The best part of that would be, despite owning all of the property, the public still would have access.... so all of those boats that you seem to despise would still be on the lake!

Your car analogy is the flawed analogy.... we already have huge 70,000lb trucks driving 70+ MPH on our highways right next to a little 12' long 3500lb Prius! Yet where is the outrage? That poor Prius driver is in grave danger....

Woodsy

Biggd 07-10-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 281590)
My posts are VERY different. I am not slamming anyone posting that suggest there is not a need for a 1600 hp boat on this lake. My issue is with those who suggest that the OWNER of this and other similar boats are personally attacked by some including yourself. No need to slam the owner, if you do not like this type of boat simply state that and do not slam the owner, pretty simple, hope you can comprehend that.

You're taking this quite personally so I know which side of the fence your on. To each his own. Thankfully I'm not on Winni, I'm on Waukewan, so I don't have to deal with those issues! Occasionally I will put my boat in Winni during the week when it's not so crazy and dangerous. It's not a safe environment on summer weekends anymore, IMO.

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 11:29 AM

Woodsy- I admire your consistency. You have no problem with an individual closing out 95% of access to the lake. I don't agree with you but appreciate the consistent application of your philosophy. :)

Woodsy 07-10-2017 11:45 AM

I didn't say I would be happy about it.... :) But your question was philosophical... it would NEVER happen.

But the real issue is personal rights vs. public rights. Hence my reference to the horse being already out of the barn. IMHO, the lake has too few/little public access points. For example... Laconia does not have a public boat launch, and the only decent state owned launch is in Alton Bay with limited parking.

I also think this big boat ($$$$) vs little boat ($) argument is way overblown. If someone can afford a big $$$ boat good for them. If all someone can afford is a small $ boat... good for them too! Boats are luxury items... very few people NEED a boat. So I don't have much tolerance for a guy with a small boat or lake house whining about a guy with a bigger boat or house. To me it is like the have(s) whining about the have more(s). I happen to fall into the have(s) category. I am blessed enough to live here year 'round in a small condo off the water in the Weirs, and a smaller (26') boat.

Woodsy

Biggd 07-10-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281609)
I didn't say I would be happy about it.... :) But your question was philosophical... it would NEVER happen.

But the real issue is personal rights vs. public rights. Hence my reference to the horse being already out of the barn. IMHO, the lake has too few/little public access points. For example... Laconia does not have a public boat launch, and the only decent state owned launch is in Alton Bay with limited parking.

I also think this big boat ($$$$) vs little boat ($) argument is way overblown. If someone can afford a big $$$ boat good for them. If all someone can afford is a small $ boat... good for them too! Boats are luxury items... very few people NEED a boat. So I don't have much tolerance for a guy with a small boat or lake house whining about a guy with a bigger boat or house. To me it is like the have(s) whining about the have more(s). I happen to fall into the have(s) category. I am blessed enough to live here year 'round in a small condo off the water in the Weirs, and a smaller (26') boat.

Woodsy

I've been on the lake for 40 some odd years now and have seen all the changes first hand. Some are very good and some are very bad. I'm glad I'm off on a smaller lake close by now. I can still experience all the good and avoid all the bad.

Donzi Minx 07-10-2017 12:19 PM

New boat on the lake

Yes but Woodsy you have a ZX.
I'm joking just perpetuating the big boat / small boat!

Wait.... we are a cult just like BMW, Harley Davidson, we are DONZI!

Woodsy 07-10-2017 12:21 PM

the funny part is..... I really do not see much "bad". I see big slow cruisers, go fast's, runabouts, jet skis etc all out enjoying this wonderful resource.

People say its crazy out there.... and don't get me wrong, there are way more boats this year. probably the most boats on the lake since the real estate crash.

Despite this... the reality is we have very, very few boat collisions of any sort.

I attribute this mostly to the 150' rule.... although distance on the water is hard to judge, and everybody thinks the "other guy" comes too close, causing all sorts of butthurt on the lake. The accident stats show that NH/Lake Winnipesaukee is very safe to boat on.

Woodsy

Woodsy 07-10-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donzi Minx (Post 281612)
Yes but Woodsy you have a ZX.
I'm joking just perpetuating the big boat / small boat!

Wait.... we are a cult just like BMW, Harley Davidson, we are DONZI!

Yes we are..... :)

Woodsy

Biggd 07-10-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281613)
the funny part is..... I really do not see much "bad". I see big slow cruisers, go fast's, runabouts, jet skis etc all out enjoying this wonderful resource.

People say its crazy out there.... and don't get me wrong, there are way more boats this year. probably the most boats on the lake since the real estate crash.

Despite this... the reality is we have very, very few boat collisions of any sort.

I attribute this mostly to the 150' rule.... although distance on the water is hard to judge, and everybody thinks the "other guy" comes too close, causing all sorts of butthurt on the lake. The accident stats show that NH/Lake Winnipesaukee is very safe to boat on.

Woodsy

I guess we just view the area through a different set of goggles. I've always come to the NH lakes region to get away from the stress of traffic and congestion of Ma. but it is slowly creeping it's way up here on the roads and now on the lake.

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281609)

Woodsy

I really don't know where this idea that people are "whining" about the "haves" comes from, or that there is some element of jealousy at play. I don't like those boats and houses so why would I want one? I don't begrudge anyone their "success." For example, have you ever seen anyone complain about the beautiful mahogany Chris Crafts, Lymans, Gar-Woods, Hacker-Crafts of a bygone era? The best examples of those are often as expensive, if not more, than your average ocean-going behemoth or GFBL boat that can be found on Winnipesaukee. No one complains about them because they're beautiful and in keeping with the lake and its history. But the huge wakes and noise that the GFBL boats produce (not to mention speakers on wakeboard towers) destroy others' enjoyment. Those houses that clear 100' of trees so that they can have a view (or more likely so others' can view their house from the water) destroy the landscape for all of us. So I like to call people on it.

Woodsy 07-10-2017 01:04 PM

Its your choice how YOU spend your money.... but your choice should not be forced upon someone else. Because YOU don't like certain boats they should not be allowed? Because YOU don't like certain houses they should not be allowed either? Certainly sounds like a me me me attitude. How someone spends their money is not my concern as long as it is within the law. It is THEIR choice on how THEY want to spend THIER money. If someone wants and can afford an big house or a big boat... good for them!

That being said... all of the older hackercrafts/garwoods/etc have open (un-muffled) exhaust. They get a pass because they are few in number... if they were greater in number, no doubt there would be lots of noise/speed complaints.

Lake Winnipesaukee is owned by the people of NH. Although it is not a State Park in a formal manner... It is for all practical intents and purposes a State Park... thus it is subject to all sorts of uses by the public.

Nowhere is it written that anyone has the right to peace and quiet.... So ski/wakeboard or pontoon boats with their speakers booming, Go fast boats with legal exhaust, jet skis with their motor whine etc are all legally permitted uses in the lake.

Woodsy

codeman671 07-10-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 281615)
I guess we just view the area through a different set of goggles. I've always come to the NH lakes region to get away from the stress of traffic and congestion of Ma. but it is slowly creeping it's way up here on the roads and now on the lake.

Build a wall. Close the borders! :D

I for one am jealous. I would love to have that boat sitting at my dock! Hell, I will settle for a ride on it. No negativity about someone else owning it from me. :cheers:

Those motors are great, after having a Verado 300 Pro on a previous boat and loving it I can imagine how sweet those 400's are. Whisper quiet at idle, and great under power.

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281622)
Its your choice how YOU spend your money.... but your choice should not be forced upon someone else. Because YOU don't like certain boats they should not be allowed? Because YOU don't like certain houses they should not be allowed either? Certainly sounds like a me me me attitude. How someone spends their money is not my concern as long as it is within the law. It is THEIR choice on how THEY want to spend THIER money. If someone wants and can afford an big house or a big boat... good for them!

That being said... all of the older hackercrafts/garwoods/etc have open (un-muffled) exhaust. They get a pass because they are few in number... if they were greater in number, no doubt there would be lots of noise/speed complaints.

Lake Winnipesaukee is owned by the people of NH. Although it is not a State Park in a formal manner... It is for all practical intents and purposes a State Park... thus it is subject to all sorts of uses by the public.

Nowhere is it written that anyone has the right to peace and quiet.... So ski/wakeboard or pontoon boats with their speakers booming, Go fast boats with legal exhaust, jet skis with their motor whine etc are all legally permitted uses in the lake.

Woodsy

Interesting perspective. I want a beautiful and tranquil lake for everyone. Others want a loud boat and to clear-cut the shoreline, but I'm the selfish one. Mmmmkay.

kbh 07-10-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Hampshire Lake Man (Post 281628)
Interesting perspective. I want a beautiful and tranquil lake for everyone. Others want a loud boat and to clear-cut the shoreline, but I'm the selfish one. Mmmmkay.

I think the word perspective is correct... My perspective of beautiful and tranquil may not be the same as what you see as beautiful and tranquil. Reminds me of the commercial of a city couple setting up a tent in the woods and camping, then deciding it was too quiet and played city noise on their iPhone and fell fast asleep to honking, motors, and annoying (to me) city noise...

Woodsy 07-10-2017 03:17 PM

No offense but... Judging by the amount of and size of boats on the lake, and the amount of and size of houses on the lake....

Clearly, you are in the minority.... your vision of beautiful & tranquil doesn't seem to fit with what the majority of lake dwellers has embraced.

Forcing the majority of people to accept YOUR vision of what the lake should be is selfish... everyone has their own vision of how it should be.

If you want beautiful & tranquil... go to Squam or a smaller lake. That version of Lake Winnipesaukee ended a long, long time ago... if it ever even existed.

Woodsy

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281630)
If you want beautiful & tranquil... go to Squam

That pretty much sums up the modern attitude on Winnipesaukee. I think we can agree on that!

RTTOOL 07-10-2017 03:44 PM

Quote:

No offense but... Judging by the amount of and size of boats on the lake, and the amount of and size of houses on the lake....

Clearly, you are in the minority.... your vision of beautiful & tranquil doesn't seem to fit with what the majority of lake dwellers has embraced.

Forcing the majority of people to accept YOUR vision of what the lake should be is selfish... everyone has their own vision of how it should be.

If you want beautiful & tranquil... go to Squam or a smaller lake. That version of Lake Winnipesaukee ended a long, long time ago... if it ever even existed.

Woodsy

Judging by what you say the vision is forcing the minority to accept
that must be the same thoughts in 1930 ? when wooding power boats
hit the water thing change so move on its still beautiful & tranquil lake.

The Real BigGuy 07-10-2017 04:42 PM

We live in a land where a lot of people fought and died for the right to have both chocolate & vanilla & any other flavor you want.

Things I see may not be my cup of tea but, I have no right, nor desire to tell others what to drink. I agree with a previous poster who basically said it's alright to have another opinion but don't slam the individual. When you make it personal it does come off as jealousy. (At 65 I finally figured out that life is too short!)

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app

FlyingScot 07-10-2017 06:16 PM

Quote:

Woodsy

I wouldn't be so sure about who's in the majority. A handful of loud boats disturbs dozens (hundreds?) of homes.

And nobody complained about the number of homes--the complaint was about clear cutting trees, which most people understand damages the lake.

In general, loud people take up more room, and therefore appear more numerous, than quiet people.

Woodsy 07-10-2017 06:59 PM

PeterG....

It was NH Lake Man who said "Many Winnipesaukee houses are completely ostentatious"

And my point is getting lost in the text of it all... So I will try to explain it more simply.

If the MAJORITY of lake dwellers and NH residents wanted a "tranquil" lake, the laws regarding how people can enjoy the lake would reflect that. In case you didn't know.... that's usually how our system of government works. Point in case.... Squam Lake. Always had a 45 MPH speed limit, very strict waterfront building codes etc. etc.

That has not been he case here on Lake Winnipesaukee, where until recently all forms of waterborne enjoyment were welcome.

Woodsy

RTTOOL 07-10-2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodsy (Post 281655)
peterg....

It was nh lake man who said "many winnipesaukee houses are completely ostentatious"

and my point is getting lost in the text of it all... So i will try to explain it more simply.

If the majority of lake dwellers and nh residents wanted a "tranquil" lake, the laws regarding how people can enjoy the lake would reflect that. In case you didn't know.... That's usually how our system of government works. Point in case.... Squam lake. Always had a 45 mph speed limit, very strict waterfront building codes etc. Etc.

That has not been he case here on lake winnipesaukee, where until recently all forms of waterborne enjoyment were welcome.

Woodsy

waterborne enjoyment really are you ------

FlyingScot 07-10-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281655)
PeterG....

It was NH Lake Man who said "Many Winnipesaukee houses are completely ostentatious"

And my point is getting lost in the text of it all... So I will try to explain it more simply.

If the MAJORITY of lake dwellers and NH residents wanted a "tranquil" lake, the laws regarding how people can enjoy the lake would reflect that. In case you didn't know.... that's usually how our system of government works. Point in case.... Squam Lake. Always had a 45 MPH speed limit, very strict waterfront building codes etc. etc.

That has not been he case here on Lake Winnipesaukee, where until recently all forms of waterborne enjoyment were welcome.

Woodsy

The problem with your main point is that you assume Squam homes are available and Winni's history is more reflective of how people feel than Winni's present.

First, there is almost literally nothing for sale on Squam. Today, just for comparison, there are 19 homes for sale on Squam (Big and Little combined) and 764 available on Winni. As lopsided as these numbers are, they actually understate the difficulty of finding a home on the much more desirable Big Squam. Do a search, you'll be stunned.

Second, you assert that Winni's history is reflective of voters' desires, but do not recognize that recent efforts to curb some forms of "waterborne enjoyment" are also reflective of voters' desires. You cant have it both ways.

radiocontester 07-10-2017 08:13 PM

End of thread.

New Hampshire Lake Man 07-10-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiocontester (Post 281659)
End of thread.

Nah.......

Woodsy 07-10-2017 08:33 PM

PeterG....

You are missing my point.....

What is or is not for sale on Squam or Winnipesaukee is irrelevant... The towns that border Squam Lake and the Squam Lake Association have seen to it that the rules regarding that lake were written long ago to keep it's tranquil character. There has been a speed limit on Squam for as long as I can remember, and if it was not for threat of an eminent domain action by the State of NH, there would be NO public access on that lake.

The towns that border Lake Winnipesaukee have not enacted restrictions similar to Squam.... nor has the State of NH. Mainly because a majority of the public does not want them, and the towns want the tax $$ these large homes generate.

Woodsy

Tyler 07-11-2017 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 281602)
You're taking this quite personally so I know which side of the fence your on. To each his own. Thankfully I'm not on Winni, I'm on Waukewan, so I don't have to deal with those issues! Occasionally I will put my boat in Winni during the week when it's not so crazy and dangerous. It's not a safe environment on summer weekends anymore, IMO.

I am not taking this personally at all. My only problem with you and others is you cannot simply state that this type of boat does not belong on the lake without slamming the owner with childish comments about them such as manhood etc... That's it, hope you comprehend that.

Biggd 07-11-2017 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsy (Post 281662)
PeterG....

You are missing my point.....

What is or is not for sale on Squam or Winnipesaukee is irrelevant... The towns that border Squam Lake and the Squam Lake Association have seen to it that the rules regarding that lake were written long ago to keep it's tranquil character. There has been a speed limit on Squam for as long as I can remember, and if it was not for threat of an eminent domain action by the State of NH, there would be NO public access on that lake.

The towns that border Lake Winnipesaukee have not enacted restrictions similar to Squam.... nor has the State of NH. Mainly because a majority of the public does not want them, and the towns want the tax $$ these large homes generate.

Woodsy

That's always the driving force right there, tax $$$. The top 1% with a lot of money generally get what they want if they waive enough of it around and there is no shortage of people willing to take it.
We have a materialistic society here in America. The more you have to show off the more people will pay attention. The owner of this boat has got peoples attention which I'm sure was his intention. It's not the type of boat that goes unnoticed. Some people feel the need for that.

rsmlp 07-11-2017 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biggd (Post 281615)

I have to call BS on this one. I've been on the lake for over 20 years and the "peak" for fast loud boats is behind us. Are there some out there? Of course! But fewer today than say 5-10 years ago. Anyways, this is the"live free or die" state, right?

Biggd 07-11-2017 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsmlp (Post 281680)
I have to call BS on this one. I've been on the lake for over 20 years and the "peak" for fast loud boats is behind us. Are there some out there? Of course! But fewer today than say 5-10 years ago. Anyways, this is the"live free or die" state, right?

I've got you beat by 20 years. The boats today are much quieter but todays boats are much faster. Engine noise is no longer an issue with these new 4 stroke outboards. The speed limit and the number marine patrols on the lake has helped to keep the speed in check. Otherwise Winni would be a free for all on weekends.

Seaplane Pilot 07-11-2017 09:09 AM

If only...

1 Attachment(s)
Bernie had become President! Everyone would have received one of these new Subaru Boats for free, compliments of Bernie and the government. Nice and quiet, economical on fuel and perfect for all the tree huggers out there.

ApS 07-11-2017 06:33 PM

Arizona Tea--NOT!

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin (Post 279601)
Well the thing is I would rather have this boat flying by my shoreline on plane at 40 - 45 MPH, and deal with that wake, then the 30-40 ft cruisers that plow through creating big rollers...

It doesn't matter that both designs belong on the ocean?
:confused:

This lake has many, many, miles of steep shorelines. My steep shoreline is definitely eroding from weekend boaters who insist on boats designed for use on oceans. :(

For April's "opening-up", I routinely fill gallon jugs with Lake Winnipesaukee water each season to prime our water pump. In the photo below, the gallon on the right was dragged out from under the house, and was filled September, 2016.

Even drawing water 75 feet from our shoreline, the gallon on the left was filled last Sunday—a mistake! :eek: