Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Ice-Out Declared!
Yesterday 05:14 PM
Last post by WinnisquamZ
Today 08:38 PM
10 Replies, 1,470 Views
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by bushwack1
Today 03:06 PM
30 Replies, 5,190 Views
How safe is downtown ...
03-12-2024 05:41 AM
Last post by John Mercier
Today 02:30 PM
70 Replies, 6,936 Views
Town Budgets Mild Winter
Today 02:32 AM
by Chubby
Last post by John Mercier
Today 09:03 AM
1 Replies, 730 Views
ENSO Japanese Steak House
03-15-2024 12:34 PM
Last post by webmaster
Today 08:00 AM
6 Replies, 1,528 Views
» Made in USA
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average.

Motorcycling Members.....

Posted 06-30-2008 at 10:07 AM by WeirsBeachBoater

Don't forget your NH motorcycle inspection sticker runs out today!!! If you haven't done yours yet, I do have stickers, and we are open til 6pm tonight and 9-6 M-F Sat 9-2! If you need directions you can get driving directions from my site www.nhtoystore.com
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Island Impressions (on hold)

Posted 06-25-2008 at 02:21 PM by hazelnut

As I sit here today I am beyond excited. My wife and I have spent the past two days doing little projects around our home. All in preparation for our trip up to the Island. We will be spending almost the entire summer on the island.

With that said I will post-pone my much anticipated "First Impressions" to a later date. I will post that once we get settled in this week and I have time to sit by the water and type away. For now I wanted to blog on about what I am feeling...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 4.80 average.

Triscadecaphobia. Afraid of numbers? Welllll, it depends.

Posted 06-13-2008 at 08:58 AM by Skipper of the Sea Que

I've had many ideas of what I could write in my Blog then I sit down to type and my mind goes blank. That's fodder for another Blog entry some other time.

Today is Friday the 13th and I'm reminded that some folks are afraid of the number 13. Some elevators and buildings don't even recognize a 13th floor - the floor number "jumps" from 12 to 14. All this fear because of superstition about the number 13. Combine that with a Friday and some people cower. Triskaidekaphobia,...
Deceased Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.

Just a reminder

Posted 05-31-2008 at 02:06 PM by WeirsBeachBoater

As I sit here going over last minute details. We will be having our Open House tomorrow Sunday June 1st 12-3pm. Weirs the Beef Sandwiches will be served!!! Any forum members are welcomed to come by. If you ride in on a motorcycle you will qualify for a prize. We are easy to find at 185 Waukewan St Meredith Just off Rte 104. You can visit our website and get directions from your door to ours. www.nhtoystore.com Hope to see you there. Ask for Denis!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 11 votes, 4.64 average.

The Lake will help us keep together + other stuff

Posted 05-30-2008 at 09:15 PM by Skipper of the Sea Que

We all appreciate the kind comments, thanks. While Lauren is looking for work, one of the requirements is the ability to be off the weeks we have scheduled for the Lake. The last few seasons she spends a night or 3 every few weeks on board the boat with a few of her girlfriends. I would do a day trip up to drive them in the boat.

Lauren also is the one who helps me with boat chores. She secures us at the dock, does the canvas, AC wire and will drive (not dock) if she has to (yes,...
Deceased Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 8 votes, 4.75 average.

Moving Day

Posted 05-28-2008 at 07:22 AM by hazelnut

After signing the Purchase and Sales agreement in July of 2002 the race was on! The race to find..... FURNITURE. You see, the place was completely empty. Yup, most likely the only Island house in the history of Island houses to come completely UN-furnished, save for a wicker furniture set. So we began the process of asking any and all friends and family members for free furniture. You'd be surprised what you can get if you just ask. I found myself traveling all over the state of MA, to pick...
Posted in Island Life
Old
Rating: 8 votes, 3.50 average.

Early Morning

Posted 05-27-2008 at 06:32 AM by WeirsBeachBoater

Well my allergies woke me up with that great sinus pressure this morning at 5am!!!! For those who know me, that is way too early! Well I decided since I couldn't stand the discomfort, so I got up and moving. I can't tell you how much I have done already this morning! No distractions, no phone ringing, this might be habit forming. Maybe if I got up earlier than usual, I could actually fit in some things I have been meaning to, like a little more exercise! Well I just thought I would take a...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 9 votes, 4.00 average.

My Cat-Beavis

Posted 05-21-2008 at 06:04 AM by nicole

Today I feel like writing about animals. I love animals. My whole life I have had animals-cats and dogs from the shelter and strays. They are like family to me. I know some people think that is crazy but the love one can get from an amimal is amazing. Times when I have been very sick or extremely upset/stressed-my animals sense this and do not leave my side.

In 2006, I was very sick. I had to undergo 3 separate ERCP's to remove a huge stone from my bile duct. I also had a gallbladder...
Posted in Animals
Old
Rating: 8 votes, 3.25 average.

Anticipation

Posted 05-20-2008 at 10:34 AM by Justenuff

Getting ready to launch my 24' blow boat, and have the anticipation factors setting in:
*Will the old trailer hold together for the 85 mile ride?
*Will the old truck be able to handle the 85 mile ride up to the lake?
*Can I remember how to put the mast together and will it go up right?
*Will the motor repairs made in April make it run better?

I know, as in past years, that everything will work out, and maybe the weather will be nice this year. Every other...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 9 votes, 4.89 average.

Island Life

Posted 05-19-2008 at 03:07 PM by hazelnut

This is a great new feature and I applaud the Webmaster for allowing this. I have decided to use this space to blog about Island Life.

THE SEARCH BEGINS
So often questions arise concerning Island Life and all that comes with it. There are so many great things about life on Cow Island that probably mirror those experiences on many of Lake Winnipesaukee's islands. As most islanders would attest there are many challenges to life on the islands but the reward is so sweet.
Posted in Island Life
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 3.50 average.

Introduction-Hello from Nicole

Posted 05-19-2008 at 02:47 PM by nicole

Hello everyone. I think it is so wonderful that a blog feature was added to this site! I am a newbie to this site but have learned so much about the Lakes region from all of you veterans. I have always wanted to start my own blog as I have a lot that I like to talk about. Whether or not anyone wants to listen is a different story

My name is Nicole and I live in Laconia-Weir's Beach- with my husband and my cat- I have lived here since November. I have lived in New Hampshire...
Posted in Introduction
Old
Rating: 5 votes, 3.00 average.

Harley Davidson Riding Site Members?

Posted 05-19-2008 at 01:03 PM by WeirsBeachBoater

I know some of us on here share a passion for motorcycles. Many people on the forum know me from my part time job. But many don't know that My Family owns a small Motorcycle and Powersports Business. We now have opened a location in Meredith. We service all American V-twins, from H-D to customs. Full service is available and we are awaiting our approval from the state for our inspection station and motorcycle dealer license. It is a very exciting time for us. We welcome all forum members to stop...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 10 votes, 4.90 average.

Interesting area: A milestone day in our family today

Posted 05-18-2008 at 05:18 PM by Skipper of the Sea Que

Hello,

Thanks to the Webmaster for yet another feature on this great web site.

A few hours ago we returned from the college graduation and early dinner celebration for our 1st child, daughter Lauren. Boy how quickly time passes. Our other child, Jonathan, graduates from High School soon and is off to college in September.

So today as my kids grow, mature, and develop just as they are supposed to do, I'm full of many different emotions.
Deceased Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 10 votes, 4.00 average.

...Yard Sail or Yard Sale?

Posted 05-18-2008 at 01:47 PM by fatlazyless

What a terrific idea of the webmaster to create a blog area. I know that 'blog' is an acronym or something like that, but cannot recall for what.

Anyway, as the proud new owner of a 20-25 year old, fixer-upper Force 5, 14' sailboat, purchased recently at a yard sale for an el cheapo price of $350, I have decided to name it the Yard Sail, but on 2nd thought maybe should be calling it the Yard Sale. Yard Sail or Yard Sale......which is a better fit? On the one hand, it is a sailboat,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 12 votes, 4.92 average.

New Blog Feature

Posted 05-18-2008 at 12:16 PM by webmaster

Welcome to our new Blogs. They can be used to post thoughts, musings, rants, information and just about anything else on your mind.

Unlike a forum thread, you control your blog. You can choose to allow comments or not and can moderate the comments if you want to. Although we encourage you to post about subjects related to the Lakes Region this is not required. You can blog about anything you want here while the Forum will still be completely dedicated to Lakes Region topics.
Posted in Uncategorized