Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > WeirsBeachBoater
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
The Breeze: By the Bay...
Today 02:08 PM
Last post by John Mercier
Today 03:52 PM
2 Replies, 117 Views
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by map
Today 03:38 PM
61 Replies, 13,517 Views
HOA Forums
03-26-2024 03:42 PM
Last post by codeman671
Today 01:26 PM
11 Replies, 964 Views
Wolfeboro Hit and Run
08-13-2023 01:42 PM
Last post by codeman671
Today 01:08 PM
189 Replies, 56,431 Views
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by map
Today 11:47 AM
31 Replies, 6,973 Views
» Made in USA
Rate this Entry

Well it's that time of year

Submit "Well it's that time of year" to Facebook Submit "Well it's that time of year" to Digg Submit "Well it's that time of year" to Google Submit "Well it's that time of year" to Twitter
Posted 08-19-2008 at 12:32 PM by WeirsBeachBoater

I can tell when people have mentally switched, and it is happening as we speak. They are already talking about summer memories, and looking forward to fall and some even to winter! School activities have started, football camps etc... My motorcycle riders are slowing down, and my snowmobile customers are starting to call and show up! Anyone looking for end of season deals on pre-owned motorcycles in the lakes region of NH. Check us out. Or if you are thinking about a sled for snowmobling in NH. www.nhtoystore.com is the website. Winnipesaukee Motorsports LLC
Posted in Uncategorized
Share Views 97830 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment

you're right...

It just seems to happen so quickly every year.
    Strange...when I was kid, it seemed the summer was a solid 2 1/2 months...mid June, July, August, back to school Sept 3 or 4.
    Now, Summer is one month...ONE! Kids in school until very late June, and as soon as August hits, it's cooler, football/ cheerleading starts 4 nights a week, and noone seems to travel much. Summer= July....just too bad.
  2. Old Comment
    There's never enough summer, especially years like this one. June's iffy, July through mid August are the best chances we have for summer. My target every year is the middle of August for that Fall kind of feeling, and mother nature usually delivers.

Almost every year around this time my mind wanders to thinking of better climates, or at least places where a few lousy days doesn't equate to a quarter of the season. One of these days, I'll be wondering if I really need to take a few days off and travel north again to see a few leaves.