Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by phoenix
Yesterday 09:01 PM
32 Replies, 7,088 Views
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 08:47 PM
63 Replies, 13,664 Views
Town Budgets Mild Winter
03-18-2024 02:32 AM
by Chubby
Last post by AB_Monterey
Yesterday 08:21 PM
27 Replies, 3,744 Views
Downing's Landing
04-14-2023 08:04 AM
Last post by upthesaukee
Yesterday 08:01 PM
4 Replies, 2,903 Views
Big Boom
03-27-2024 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Rvbuddy
Yesterday 06:57 PM
12 Replies, 1,229 Views
» Made in USA
Rate this Entry

The Nitrogen Enriched Home

Submit "The Nitrogen Enriched Home" to Facebook Submit "The Nitrogen Enriched Home" to Digg Submit "The Nitrogen Enriched Home" to Google Submit "The Nitrogen Enriched Home" to Twitter
Posted 06-29-2012 at 02:20 PM by Roy Sanborn

I’ve got to admit that real estate agents tend to try and paint the properties they have for sale in the best possible light when they describe them. Well, most agents anyway. There are still plain vanilla descriptions such as “2 Bedroom, 2 bathroom house with 1,512 Sq ft of living space on a 3.62 acre lot. Large attached garage with storage space above it. Land is partially wooded. Basement is partially finished.” You can guess that there must not be too much that is wonderful about this property as there is certainly no spring in this agent’s step so to speak. Some properties we sell almost defy the use of adjectives, but others do require them.

I got gas at a Shell station the other day and noticed that their gasoline is “Nitrogen Enriched.” I wondered if all gasoline has nitrogen in it, whether nitrogen does anything at all to improve the fuel, and if people were buying Shell gas because it was “enriched” or if anyone even cared. Nitrogen, it appears, is added to the gas as a detergent to help clean the engine. But, I think the fact that they say the gasoline is “enriched” is the real point. “Enriched” sounds like it this fuel must be a pretty special and it gave me a new adjective I could possibly use when describing a property. I’ve never seen a home “enriched” with anything! You know, something like “This fine property is enriched with granite countertops, cherry cabinetry, and gleaming hardwood flooring.” Thank you Shell, this could make a difference in selling one of my listings. Words are very compelling.

I also got looking at some adjectives and advertising slogans used by other successful larger companies to see what could be utilized and I found lots of good stuff. Would the following revised description of the above property entice you to at least come take a look?

“If you have decided that now is the right time for life and you want a home that is unlike any other and like nothing else on earth, then you really should come take a look at this amazing home. It has two bedrooms, two bathrooms in a compact , but high quality, 1,512 square feet of living space that gives you everything you want, nothing you don’t. The owner wanted a home engineered for the human spirit; a home that would vitalize the body and mind. He decided to think small while creating a higher standard of quality and build a unique property in a class of its own. The home has a large attached garage with storage above and a partially finished basement so you can have it your way. It sits on a beautiful, partially wooded 3.62 acre lot that keeps going and going and going. So come take a look today, the closer, the better because this home takes the feeling of clean to the extreme! Remember life is a journey, enjoy the ride! This home is, well, it’s the real thing, if you are looking for the best. So schedule a viewing today just because you're worth it…”

All right, I got a little carried away, but if all those slogans worked for successful national companies, they might just sell your house. Thanks to (in order of usage): Omega, Mercedes, Hummer, Nissan, Mercedes (again),Red Bull, Volkswagen, Cadillac, Rover, Burger King, Energizer, Close Up Tooth Paste, Aquafresh, Nissan (again), Coke (of course), and L'oreal…

Posted in Real Estate
Share Views 4094 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments