Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by TiltonBB
Today 08:23 PM
62 Replies, 13,580 Views
Town Budgets Mild Winter
03-18-2024 02:32 AM
by Chubby
Last post by AB_Monterey
Today 08:21 PM
27 Replies, 3,681 Views
Downing's Landing
04-14-2023 08:04 AM
Last post by upthesaukee
Today 08:01 PM
4 Replies, 2,821 Views
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Rvbuddy
Today 06:57 PM
12 Replies, 1,141 Views
The Breeze: By the Bay...
Today 02:08 PM
Last post by Biggd
Today 06:07 PM
4 Replies, 280 Views
» Made in USA
Rate this Entry

Rockin' Realtor No Apology Tour

Submit "Rockin' Realtor No Apology Tour" to Facebook Submit "Rockin' Realtor No Apology Tour" to Digg Submit "Rockin' Realtor No Apology Tour" to Google Submit "Rockin' Realtor No Apology Tour" to Twitter
Posted 05-05-2013 at 05:06 PM by Roy Sanborn

As of May 1, 2013 there were 1060 residential homes on the market in the twelve Lakes Region communities covered this report. The average asking price was $491,334 and the median price point was $261,750. This compares to 1195 homes on the market last May 1 at an average price of $500,195 and a median price point of $257,000. The current inventory level represents a 13.6 month supply of homes to sell.

As real estate agents, it’s always nice to have a house listed that looks great, shows beautifully, and that you don’t have to make apologies for. You know, you don’t have to say buyers things like “Well, he’s going to fix that when he gets time,” or “Sorry, they are still cleaning up and need to get some painting done,” or “Well, they had a cat but you’d want to put new carpet in anyway, wouldn’t you?”
A quick spin around the MLS to look at the listings that have come on the market recently revealed some great homes that I am pretty sure won’t need excuses. Let’s call this the Rockin’ Reelters No Apology Tour. No acoustically low key concert here, just good old rock and roll and houses you can dance through.

The first home is at 136 Watson Road in Stonewall Village in Gilford. Built in 2003, this contemporary, open concept ranch has 1,736 square feet of living space. The master suite is located on one side of the home,there's a central living area, and the other two bedrooms on the opposite end. This place is perfect if your son is a drummer and on tour with our band or your mother-in-law comes to visit a lot. This home has a well appointed eat in kitchen, hardwood floors, and two sliding glass doors that lead out to a large deck looking out to a private back yard. There’s a full basement and a two car garage to provide plenty of storage. Stonewall Village is a condominium form of ownership and the fees include landscaping, plowing, and trash removal to make your life even easier. This home is priced at $265,000 and definitely worth a look.

Down in Alton at 27 Ridge Road is a beautiful, 2,576 square foot, three bedroom, two and ½ bath, cape built in 2008. It has wonderful curb appeal and the pictures of the inside also look pretty nice. This home has a beautiful kitchen with stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and hardwood floors that extend in to the living room. Other no apology amenities include a spacious first floor master bedroom suite, a finished walkout basement, central air, a gas fireplace, a two car garage, a charming farmer’s porch, and some pretty good landscaping to boot! This home is priced at $268,400. Not sure where the $400 came from, but it looks good to me…

If you're looking for in-town Laconia, then check out the open concept ranch at 35 Regan Way. This 1,560 square foot, three bed, two bath home was built in 2007 and features hardwood and tile floors, cathedral ceilings, an eat-in kitchen, a deck, a fenced yard for the pets, full basement, and a two car garage. This home is in “move-in ready” condition and is offered at $269,900.

Another home just down the street, at 773 Elm Street, is a meticulously maintained four bed, three bath, colonial with 2,146 square feet of space built in 2004. The agent says this house is like new and “shines.” I know this agent pretty well, and I know he doesn’t exaggerate. Even the pictures back up his claim so I know you won’t be disappointed when you go look! This home has a kitchen with a breakfast bar, maple cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, and gleaming tile floors. There's a first floor master suite, spacious living room, hardwood floors, a full, unfinished walkout basement, deck, and a two car garage. This home is priced at an even $270,000.

Also priced at $269,900 is a quality construction, three bedroom, four bath contemporary home at 585 Cherry Valley Road in Gilford. I am assured by the agent that it fits our stringent “no apology tour” criteria. This home was built in 2004 and has 2,404 square feet of living space. It boasts a large kitchen with center island and hardwood floors, a master suite with a private deck and lake views, an entertainment room in the finished lower level, tiled and heated breezeway/mudroom, a heated two car garage, and a large covered porch. This is billed as a “must see” home so go take a look at it and let me know what you think! If the agent apologizes for anything, I want to know about it. We gotta keep this tour real you know...

Data compiled from the NNEREN MLS system as of 5/1/13

Posted in General
Share Views 9984 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments