Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Justenuff
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Laconia State School...
03-14-2024 11:38 AM
Last post by WinnisquamZ
Today 10:12 AM
8 Replies, 1,879 Views
Update to Lake Related...
01-16-2024 03:37 PM
Last post by Descant
Today 09:06 AM
158 Replies, 21,339 Views
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Slickcraft
Today 05:30 AM
9 Replies, 730 Views
Laconia Planning Director
05-01-2023 05:00 PM
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 05:09 PM
9 Replies, 2,433 Views
Huge Commercial Project...
01-30-2024 03:29 PM
Last post by codeman671
Yesterday 10:34 AM
111 Replies, 22,690 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 8 votes, 3.25 average.

Anticipation

Submit "Anticipation" to Facebook Submit "Anticipation" to Digg Submit "Anticipation" to Google Submit "Anticipation" to Twitter
Posted 05-20-2008 at 10:34 AM by Justenuff

Getting ready to launch my 24' blow boat, and have the anticipation factors setting in:
*Will the old trailer hold together for the 85 mile ride?
*Will the old truck be able to handle the 85 mile ride up to the lake?
*Can I remember how to put the mast together and will it go up right?
*Will the motor repairs made in April make it run better?

I know, as in past years, that everything will work out, and maybe the weather will be nice this year. Every other year it has rained while I danced on the front of the boat, raising the mast.....

Anyone else have the launch anticipation jitters?
Posted in Uncategorized
Share Views 28798 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Ok, finally got over the Anticipation and took the boat up to Lake Winni over the long weekend. For those interested:
    *Yes the trailer held up and did beautifully. I need to investigate why one tire is losing pressure gradually, but we had no problems.
    *The old truck did fine, with it's (almost) bald tires, after a visit to the shop. They replaced the serpentine belt and idler, and got rid of the buzzzzzzz.
    *This year my first mate and I were able to rig up the mast with minimal problems, no bent or broke equipment. We did as Wayne from Fays one technical question (Wayne: thanks for the help!). Boat was launched with no problems.
    *Motor, oh yes. I had taken the motor over for service, and it started right up. About half way to the mooring, it decided to act up again. I believe that we are having some gas issues, maybe ethanol issues with a 23 yr old motor? Wish I could locate a list of non-ethanol stations. Do all marinas have straight gas only, no ETOH?
    Funny story: I pulled up to the mooring facing a stiff headwind and pulled the ball, grabbing the lead and hooking it to the front of the boat. After I was sure that I was on, I went to the back, cut the motor, and noticed that the bow was turning away from the mooring ball. I had hooked the end of the secondary line to the front of the boat, and it wasn't connected to the ball. Started the motor (again, whew!) and pulled up to the ball, pulled it again and found the primary line, checked the connection to the chain, hooked it to the bow and waited until the ball moved with the boat motion before cutting the engine.
    Now to work on the gas/motor problem next week.