Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > winnidiver
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Town Budgets Mild Winter
03-18-2024 02:32 AM
by Chubby
Last post by tis
Today 04:17 AM
28 Replies, 3,877 Views
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by fatlazyless
Today 04:07 AM
64 Replies, 13,752 Views
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by phoenix
Yesterday 09:01 PM
32 Replies, 7,205 Views
Downing's Landing
04-14-2023 08:04 AM
Last post by upthesaukee
Yesterday 08:01 PM
4 Replies, 2,982 Views
Big Boom
03-27-2024 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Rvbuddy
Yesterday 06:57 PM
12 Replies, 1,309 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

The Seasons Change.

Submit "The Seasons Change." to Facebook Submit "The Seasons Change." to Digg Submit "The Seasons Change." to Google Submit "The Seasons Change." to Twitter
Posted 10-18-2008 at 09:25 PM by winnidiver

I have been meaning to try this out all summer, but no time.Now it's fall.Tomorrow the boat gets winterized, then it's on with the fall chores.
I really like this time of year things quiet down.I went to the VK for breakfast today,the first time since May, no lines! I can enjoy the lake we all love so well with no crowds. Even going out on a crisp morning to pick up leaves is kind of nice.I guess the only thing I miss are the longer days it gets dark too early this time of year.
I have got snow to look forward to, I really like the snow,of course by April I will be looking forward to Spring.I know lots of people who live here who complain about the winter. I don't understand it if you are going to live here you should enjoy all the seasons.Of course if we get a three weeks of below zero weather then I will be bitching too.
I am getting to the point where I am thinking about retirement, the thought of winter in a warm place has crossed my mind,but as I look around at the blue skies and the leaves I think I will stay right here.
Posted in Uncategorized
Share Views 29993 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Summer goes by too quickly. I love the warmth, the long days with plenty of sunshine and light to do all the outdoor things I love to do, like running, gardening, going to the beach, etc. Yes, the area is more crowded, and I really don't like crowds, but when they're gone ... I kind of miss them, a little anyway. It's the energy they bring to the area that makes summers what they are in the Lakes Region.

Now, there is less traffic, less in line at the grocery store, hardly anyone on the roads, it seems, compared to July. It's quite a contrast. I seem to like both scenerios, for some strange reason.

I used to complain, to myself AND out loud, that I hate the cold, that I want to live in a warm climate, and I will when ...

Then I realized I was not living in the moment ... I was just biding my time until ... whoa!!! Wait a minute ... that is not living in the present, appreciating every single moment we are given because, of course, life is a gift. What was I thinking?

That was one of my "aha" moments. I do have plans, but along the way, I want to live, feel, and appreciate every single moment of every single day I have on this earth. If I live only for the future, then I will have missed so much of my life meant to be appreciated for the diversity it brings.

So I agree - I'd like to retire to a warm place, too, and I have a plan to do so, but my plan is to live in Gilford for six months or so, and the warmer climate for the other six - best of both worlds.

However, while I am here, now, whether it be fall, winter, spring or summer, I will live and breathe and take in every single moment as it comes, so I will never feel I missed anything that is often taken for granted ... life.
  2. Old Comment
    Lived there dun that FLORIDA is better year- round....!