Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > winnidiver
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
HOA Forums
03-26-2024 03:42 PM
Last post by Dick52
Today 05:00 PM
13 Replies, 1,009 Views
The Breeze: By the Bay...
Today 02:08 PM
Last post by Major
Today 04:05 PM
3 Replies, 169 Views
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by map
Today 03:38 PM
61 Replies, 13,548 Views
Wolfeboro Hit and Run
08-13-2023 01:42 PM
Last post by codeman671
Today 01:08 PM
189 Replies, 56,469 Views
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by map
Today 11:47 AM
31 Replies, 6,984 Views
» Made in USA
  1. Old Comment

The Seasons Change.

Lived there dun that FLORIDA is better year- round....!
  2. Old Comment

The Seasons Change.

Summer goes by too quickly. I love the warmth, the long days with plenty of sunshine and light to do all the outdoor things I love to do, like running, gardening, going to the beach, etc. Yes, the area is more crowded, and I really don't like crowds, but when they're gone ... I kind of miss them, a little anyway. It's the energy they bring to the area that makes summers what they are in the Lakes Region.

Now, there is less traffic, less in line at the grocery store, hardly anyone on the roads, it seems, compared to July. It's quite a contrast. I seem to like both scenerios, for some strange reason.

I used to complain, to myself AND out loud, that I hate the cold, that I want to live in a warm climate, and I will when ...

Then I realized I was not living in the moment ... I was just biding my time until ... whoa!!! Wait a minute ... that is not living in the present, appreciating every single moment we are given because, of course, life is a gift. What was I thinking?

That was one of my "aha" moments. I do have plans, but along the way, I want to live, feel, and appreciate every single moment of every single day I have on this earth. If I live only for the future, then I will have missed so much of my life meant to be appreciated for the diversity it brings.

So I agree - I'd like to retire to a warm place, too, and I have a plan to do so, but my plan is to live in Gilford for six months or so, and the warmer climate for the other six - best of both worlds.

However, while I am here, now, whether it be fall, winter, spring or summer, I will live and breathe and take in every single moment as it comes, so I will never feel I missed anything that is often taken for granted ... life.