Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > hazelnut
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
A New Chinese restaurant...
02-28-2024 02:41 PM
Last post by phoenix
Today 09:01 PM
32 Replies, 7,074 Views
Gilford’s new red “barn”
12-02-2023 11:33 AM
by Jeanzb1
Last post by John Mercier
Today 08:47 PM
63 Replies, 13,652 Views
Town Budgets Mild Winter
03-18-2024 02:32 AM
by Chubby
Last post by AB_Monterey
Today 08:21 PM
27 Replies, 3,736 Views
Downing's Landing
04-14-2023 08:04 AM
Last post by upthesaukee
Today 08:01 PM
4 Replies, 2,892 Views
Big Boom
Yesterday 08:11 PM
by LongBay
Last post by Rvbuddy
Today 06:57 PM
12 Replies, 1,215 Views
» Made in USA
Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.

Island Impressions (on hold)

Submit "Island Impressions (on hold)" to Facebook Submit "Island Impressions (on hold)" to Digg Submit "Island Impressions (on hold)" to Google Submit "Island Impressions (on hold)" to Twitter
Posted 06-25-2008 at 02:21 PM by hazelnut

As I sit here today I am beyond excited. My wife and I have spent the past two days doing little projects around our home. All in preparation for our trip up to the Island. We will be spending almost the entire summer on the island.

With that said I will post-pone my much anticipated "First Impressions" to a later date. I will post that once we get settled in this week and I have time to sit by the water and type away. For now I wanted to blog on about what I am feeling right now in anticipation of spending such an extended time on the island.

One thing is for sure, tomorrow can not come fast enough. I have that "it's Christmas Eve feeling" in my stomach. We will be spending tonight loading up both cars with everything INCLUDING the kitchen sink. Yes I just went to Home Depot to buy a new sink and faucet. Apparently the old sink was "too dirty." Oh well add it to the list of projects which include installing a new stackable washer/drier. Wait until I tell you all about what happened last summer to the old one. You have to wait until another time to read that one because it is a long and smoky flame filled oh my god the house almost burned down story.

So tomorrow, no rush just going to load up the car, kids, and head north. We'll hit Harilla hopefully by 2pm and load up the boat/boats. I will be calling some neighbors for help. They know who they are.

Due to some extenuating circumstances my wife has an extended work break. I always do.... I teach. So for the second summer in a row we will spend it as a family on the island. My twin boys are on 10 right now. They turn 5 in September. The little girl is only 14 months. She'll love it though. The boys can not wait to see their Cow Island Girlfriends. Twin girls just a few houses away. We have so many good friends on the island and e have such good times with them.

Just a quick list of things I expect to be doing over the coming weeks.
Fishing, Swimming, Boating, Hot Tub at Mikes, Bonfire at Flyboy's, Card Games, Kayaking, Canoing, Drinks on Caruso's Porch, (I have been given a one Martini Limit, long story), Bonfires at my house, Sox game on the 100inch outdoor projection TV (it's HD) at MPC's. PAINTBALL (run kids) Paddle-boating, Sand Castle Building, Trips to Wolfeboro, Weirs, Center Harbour, Many trips to Pier 19, Shooting Fireworks on the 4th, Oh the list goes on.

So as you may know I am pretty pumped up. I am headed out to the store to pick up a few last minute items and let the packing begin. By for now!
Posted in Uncategorized
Share Views 125284 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hazalenut....
    Good for you. From someone who's trips are now limited to a day here and there (mostly just Thursday nights/Fridays) what you are about to do sounds like heaven.
    I wish you and family a great/happy/safe summer.
    Perhaps one day our paths will cross...
  2. Old Comment
    Hazelnut:

What a great story. It sounds like you have life all figured out. Have a great summer!!!!! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your story.

PS: Did you parents sell their house?
  3. Old Comment
    Secondcurve, Yes they did. Back in 2002 when my wife and I bought our camp on Cow.....

FYI, I have nothing figured out... ha ha ha fly by the seat of our pants we do.... ha ha ha. Can't wait to post / blog about these first few days. AWESOME stuff.