Go Back   Winnipesaukee Forum > Blogs > Roy Sanborn
Home Forums Gallery Webcams Blogs YouTube Channel Classifieds Calendar Register FAQDonate Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

» Site Navigation
» Quiz
» Articles - Information
» Recent Forum Threads
Alton Car Show
08-20-2023 11:35 AM
Last post by Mr. V
Today 11:05 AM
7 Replies, 2,189 Views
Lawn Mowing in Long Bay...
Today 09:35 AM
by Lesdeak
Last post by Major
Today 10:24 AM
1 Replies, 104 Views
Edward H Blackstone
Today 08:00 AM
Last post by R Lambert
Today 08:00 AM
0 Replies, 160 Views
Lake Level
12-30-2023 08:45 AM
by nj2nh
Last post by ApS
Yesterday 09:08 PM
29 Replies, 8,369 Views
50 condos proposed for...
04-12-2024 06:54 AM
Last post by John Mercier
Yesterday 07:29 PM
19 Replies, 2,972 Views
» Made in USA
Rate this Entry

The Native App

Submit "The Native App" to Facebook Submit "The Native App" to Digg Submit "The Native App" to Google Submit "The Native App" to Twitter
Posted 03-27-2016 at 06:10 PM by Roy Sanborn
Updated 03-27-2016 at 06:11 PM by Roy Sanborn (aa)

The Native App

I was surfing around the real estate world on the internet and I happened across an article about “native real estate apps.” I don’t know why, but my first thought was about Tonto getting down of his pinto (whose name was Scout, naturally) to look at hoof prints in the dirt, looking up at the Lone Ranger on Silver, and saying “Hmmm, they went that way, Kemosabe!” I guess the word “native” translated immediately to “Indian” in my demented mind rather than what they had intended. Having an Indian guide or tracker on your side when you are looking for the bad guys or even real estate is a smart idea. It’s kind of what the native real estate app is intending to do but falls a little short in many areas especially when it comes to war paint and moccasins on the ground.

Apparently, “native app” is an app developed for a particular mobile device whether it’s a Droid, iPhone or iPad and is downloaded to the device itself (thus native to the device.) It can then take advantage of GPS and camera technology to do some amazing things. I have written about these apps before. Every real estate company has one. I use our Four Seasons Sotheby’s app all the time when I am out and about on my pinto and I come across a house for sale on the frontier and want to know the price. All you gotta do is hit the button and the GPS zeroes in on which house you’ve got your reins hitched up to. Websites like REALTOR.com and Zillow also have apps that will help you find the home of your dreams while you are driving around neighborhoods. But be careful of apps made by the Zillow tribe as some Indians are known to embellish a little when it comes to providing additional info like estimated property values. They might have been drinking a little firewater when they developed the algorithm to calculate those.

I would strongly recommend that in conjunction with a “native app” you employ an Indian Real Estate Guide to help you. Get an agent that is “native” to the area and knows it like the back of his hand, knows the market personally, and has actually seen many of the tepees for sale in person.

Indian Real Estate Guides have been around forever. One of the first and most famous was Sacagawea who worked for the Lewis and Clark Expedition way back in 1804. She was likely the first woman Indian Real Estate Guide in the U.S. Lewis and Clark’s so called Corps of Discovery would likely not have discovered all the new real estate from the Dakotas to the Pacific shores if Sacagawea was not with them to guide them along the way. There were no apps then or today that could have done what she did. And while all of this modern technology on the internet and apps on your mobile device make searching for real estate a lot easier, there is no substitute for a good old Indian Real Estate Guide with his, or her, moccasins on the ground. You will benefit tremendously from their personal experience, knowledge, and expertise. This kind of stuff can never be put into an app, native, or otherwise. Call your Indian Real Estate Guide today and have a pow-wow. You’ll thank me for it.

There were 61 single family home sales in February in the twelve communities covered by this report. Seven of those sales were on February 29th or the Leap Day which means… absolutely nothing except that you might remember which day you bought your house. The average sales price came in at $280,073 and the median price point was $205,000.

Data compiled using the NNEREN mls system.

Posted in General
Share Views 8070 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments